by Ponderer on September 2, 2021 9:39 am
She's in the shower right now, so I'll give it a shot...
1. We've never withdrawn from Korea.
2. We have no hand in the Korean government.
3. Korea actually wants us there, to help be a deterrent against the North.
4. Germany actually wants us there, as we are part of NATO and have a big hand in defending them from outside forces.
5. We have no hand in the German government.
6. We never had any business occupying Afghanistan in a full, military occupation.
7. There was never even a sliver of possibility that we'd ever succeed in Afghanistan, and a chaotic withdrawal was always a foregone conclusion.
by Ponderer on September 2, 2021 9:40 am
8. Our presence in Germany had nothing to do with taking sides in a civil war.