by oldedude on June 15, 2023 8:33 pm
I'm just covering the obvious fukups quickly.
3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole and provided funds for youth mental health.
This just got overturned by the House, BTW... It also included several items that are in the court system as we speak. States v pedojoe.
4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.
Which put thousands out of work via coal mines, and oil fields. These are good paying jobs that had health care, and steady employment. The worst hit? Indigenous reservations that really needed that income. Especially the lack of jobs in the Chaco canón in NM (which the pueblo's compared to the revolt of 1680). They have the highest poverty, highest drug addiction, and the highest alcohol addiction and sexual abuse in the nation. I know you don't give a flying fuk about that, but for everyone else, not to care is RACIST.
5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.
Which he didn't listen to his agencies that knew WTF they were doing and got more people murdered by your butties. By your own admission, he left 25,000 Americans in country instead of getting them out as HE promised. He's a shtpile just for this.
6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year.
Which was done illegally by an EO. It hasn't been paid AT ALL as of now.
11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.
Which cause US companies to move out of country, which put people out of work after the companies moved back to the states.
12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.
See #4. FYSA, Europe is pulling back from the "accord" because it doesn't work. The Dutch, and others are rethinking their ideas because it's putting their economy into a horrible mess. Only 16 of the 197 kept their promises of the accord.
17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.
Which he admitted was aimed at ma and pa businesses and the middle class. In addition, he was buying more guns for the agency than there were agents in the agency.