SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Share
SelectSmart.com Your dialect reveals where you live.
What do you call this small freshwater lobster-like crustacean?
Crawdad
Crawfish
Crayfish
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Talk about revolting:

Posted by Kairos 
Jun
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 26, 2009 09:51PM
Kairos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I know several vegan Indian friends who suffers
> from obesity too. "
>
> Its, because they're still eating crap IE
> processed foods.

No, they cook their own food. I suspect the reason is simply because the food they cook were too delicious. winking smiley
Jun
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 26, 2009 10:01PM
Btw, do you guys have Mos burger in the states?
Japanese fast food.

The rice-burger were awesome. They even have burgers with the bread replaced with lettuce leaves if you're into healthy stuff.


> Fast food is addictive, because its designed to be physically addictive.
> Fast food is essentially a drug dealer and
> the morbidly obese its victims.

Point is, Fast Food is unhealthy, no matter how it is marketed.
IMO, if one tend to get fat easily, one should abstain or restrict consumption of Fast Food, and get more exercise if he/she has the time.
Its like the silly low-carb potato-chips...its still pretty much a lot of carbs...well unless they are not using potato.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 10:06PM by Jun.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 26, 2009 10:56PM
Even if you cook your own food it can still be crap if its processed.

Case in point simple rice. Do they use whole rice or white rice?

Whole wheat rotis or white flour naan? Deep fried pakoras and bhajis or simple veggies? Cheap refined oil in curries or whole coconut oil?

Process vs non process makes a huge difference pun intended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 10:58PM by Kairos.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 03:22AM
There's no denying that sugar and fat taste gooooood. Why? because they were essential for homo sapien surivial. It's another example of how our evolutionary programing becomes deterimental as the environment changes.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 03:38AM
They don't actually taste like much. Its the parts of the brain sugar stimulates that makes it addictive. Natural sugars in moderation aren't bad for you. Natural fats also aren't bad for you and are neccessary for survival. Its processed and saturated fats that are horrible.

You're probably familiar with stevia Its up to 30 times sweeter than sugar, but actually balances blood sugar levels and is not addictive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 03:39AM by Kairos.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 03:53AM
Come K saturated fat and sugar taste great. Have you ever tried chocolate without sugar. Imagine fruit without fructose.

Most things in moderation aren't bad for you but we're satuated with fat and sugar in our enviroment. And as you say it's addictive. We crave it because we're programmed to love it.

There's plenty of reseach that shows consuming large amount of saturated fat from animals is link to a number of cancers and cardivascular disease but your right plant saturated fats have a number of great health benefits
Anonymous User
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 05:23AM
If they taste so great why don't you eat a block of lard or a bag of sugar, FF?

Stop ruining this thread.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 06:17AM
What's wrong georgie boy? You hypoglycemic?

Is that why you can't read my posts properly?
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 06:36AM
"Come K saturated fat and sugar taste great. Have you ever tried chocolate without sugar. Imagine fruit without fructose."

Sugar doesn't really change the flavour it just brings out the sweetness. As a matter of fact I love chocolate without sugar. In the Mediterannean I ate wild carob off the trees. There is a big difference between natural and refined sugars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
Anonymous User
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 06:40AM
Read them properly! Hahaha!

I guess 'fat and sugar taste great' means 'fat and sugar don't taste great' in FF-ish.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 06:53AM
Glad to see you get such amusement from dyslexia Georgie. You're quite a guy! Jesus would be proud

K I found chocolate without sugar quite nasty. I guess it's just a matter of tastewinking smiley

And just to make it clear for our special friend georgie I meant to write foods with sugar and fat taste great.

And to make things even clearer for our special friend georgie, I quote Harvard psychologist Deirdre Barrett;
"As animals, we are genetically almost identical to our Stone Age ancestors. We live in advanced societies, with supermarkets and cars and lifts, but we are built to be hunter-gatherers. We are programmed to seek out fat, sugar, starch and salt, because, in the Stone Age, these things were hard to come by. When they turn up in abundance, our bodies, for the most part, can't say no."



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 06:59AM by Fascinated_foreigner.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 06:55AM
FF it depends what kind. I'm not a big fan of semi-sweet chocolate, but have you ever had pure cocoa or carob?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 07:03AM
Yeah I've had carob, not a fan. I've got a severe sweet tooth though. I've realised it's a real addiction. Once I start I can't stop til it's all gone, same thing with ice cream so I try avoid both.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 27, 2009 07:21AM
LoL few people like raw carob. It also acts as a laxative if you eat too much...

Try stevia if you're hooked on refined sugar. Its 30 times sweeter than sugar, its also unaddictive and balances your blood sugar levels which will make you stop craving refined sugar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 07:22AM by Kairos.
Re: Talk about revolting:
August 28, 2009 02:09AM
Personally i don't like any fast food. I'm not a lover of greasy food or fried food in general

Of course, I'm also lucky enough to have the metabolism of a frenzied ferret.


But I don't have a problem with fast food. As Jun says, it's pretty honestly labelled. Fast food is crap. No-one is going to eat that heart attack meal with ANY dellusion that it is anything but slow slow poison.

I like honest unhealthy food. You know it's unhealthy, you treat it accordingly. It's an indulgence, and occasional meal, a one off (and, to my mind, that means it has to be ultra-tasty - which is why I don't eat fast food. It's not even remotely tasty enough to justify the health cost. That and I LOATHE additives in my food - I started baking my own bread when I saw the chemistry class list on the side of the package)

What I hate is food pretending to be healthy. Like "low fat" whatever - which is full of sugar or salt (cereals are awful for this. How many cereals advertise they are low in fat but are CRAMMED with sugar). Chocolate bars marked "light" and butter marked "low fat." It all exists to convince people who DESPERATELY want to believe there is such a thing as healthy chocolate or bacon that's good for you.

I like honesty. I can mix my "unhealthy" (though with my metabolism, the WORST thing for me seems to be salad) wkith healthy which can be made to taste nice smiling smiley

FS

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
-Sir Winston Churchill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login



Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!