Articles & Commentaries
Read, write and respond.

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Is your name welcomed below?
Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ESCAPE 666 - BIBLE PROPHECY REVEALED

Posted by BeSetFree 
Re: ESCAPE 666 - BIBLE PROPHECY REVEALED
December 17, 2007 02:08AM
I didn't say theology doesn't teach us anything”---Georgeous

Nor did I … I was responding to your position that, “theology can't inform about God”.

Can you address the questions I asked regarding this? “How do we know if there is a God and/or if the information we have been taught about Him is true or false ("theology can't inform about God"winking smiley, and, if we say something about God, what does it mean? What do theologians try to inform us of, if not that? If we don’t know any of that…how can we say theology brings a person toward God?”

No. You're confusing a "christening" ritual with baptism.

No, I’m not. For most of the largest and oldest mainline Christian churches, Baptism is a sacrament, and what we’re discussing is infant baptism, specifically, how the theological information, that God will not allow an un-baptized infant (one who has not received that sacrament) into heaven, can bring a person closer to God?

Granted, most of the modern theological opinions on this have qualified baptism to the point that it’s meaning now makes it possible for even non-Christians and un-baptized infants and/or adults to enter heaven…But the point remains, how do theological speculations bring us closer to God if they can’t inform us about God? To say they can’t inform about God, but bring us toward God, is a vague and somewhat meaningless statement.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2007 02:56AM
islander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I’m not. For most of the largest and oldest
> mainline Christian churches, Baptism is a
> sacrament, and what we’re discussing is infant
> baptism, specifically, how the theological
> information, that God will not allow an
> un-baptized infant (one who has not received that
> sacrament) into heaven, can bring a person closer
> to God?

I'm telling you what I know, and I know that the baptism ritual isn't the true baptism. A lot of people went off track with their understanding of these things, and instead of receiving the truth they went back to having a prefiguration of the truth (like the pagans had in their own religion.)

> Granted, most of the modern theological opinions
> on this have qualified baptism to the point that
> it’s meaning now makes it possible for even
> non-Christians and un-baptized infants and/or
> adults to enter heaven…

They build even more complex doctrines instead of going back to the real message lost.

> But the point remains, how
> do theological speculations bring us closer to God
> if they can’t inform us about God? To say they
> can’t inform about God, but bring us toward God,
> is a vague and somewhat meaningless statement.

They do inform us about God, but being informed about God is different from knowing God. They do, however, bring a person to know God, in that they have a performative (as well as informative) value.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2007 02:58AM by Georgeous.
December 17, 2007 04:21PM
I'm telling you what I know[believe], and I know[believe] that the baptism ritual isn't the true baptism.”---Georgeous

But there are huge numbers of Christians whose knowledge (beliefs) with regard to baptism (and many other things) differ from yours, and yet I have to say that I’ve met few devoute Christians who did not firmly believe that their religious doctrine/dogmas, etc, no matter how contradictory and different from other Christians, are ultimately derived from the same source. That source being “Scripture”. Seems to me to be to be a rather of sad and messy state of affairs.

They build even more complex doctrines instead of going back to the real message lost.---Georgeous

Ok, so you’re telling me that theologians build more complex doctrines, instead of going back to the “real message lost”. Am I correct, then, in assuming that if the theologians were to ask, since you know the real message lost, you’d be able to explain to them which of their doctrines are false and should be discarded, and which ones they can keep?

Since both you and the theologians claim Scripture as the authority and the base from which religious claims are made…are your theological descriptions and opinions any more authoritative than theirs?

They do inform us about God”---Georgeous

But that’s the very opposite of what you claimed earlier---“ theology can't inform about God
Anonymous User
December 18, 2007 02:42AM
islander Wrote:
> But that’s the very opposite of what you claimed
> earlier---“ theology can't inform about God”

It probably would have been better to say "By informing, theology can't create knowledge God".
December 18, 2007 08:50PM
Do you know God, Georgeous?
December 18, 2007 11:47PM
No, he knows "theology", an eleaborate game of one-upmanship, and this is his god.
Anonymous User
December 19, 2007 01:30AM
islander Wrote:
> Do you know God, Georgeous?

I'll let Linc answer, since he seems to know.
Anonymous User
March 16, 2017 06:55PM
Please open this link and read it carefully right through it will teach the errors of site.

[escape666bibleprophecyrevelead.wordpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 06:59PM by challengingwebsite.
March 16, 2017 08:42PM
"IS HELL FOREVER? THE MYTH OF GOD AS A SADISTIC PUPPETEER"

No, eventually we die & leave this forsaken place.
That's what hell is. earth, that's the actual translation!

~Angel

America is plagued with an epidemic
of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
D-K affects nearly every family.

You have to know, the real Dunning-Kruger
effects fake liberals to make them
think that they know everything.
No matter how many facts you
show them, they don't learn or accept.

Too many people are brainwashed into
believing their political party is benevolent.
While both are deep state knights & pawns.

We need outsiders like Donald Trump.

Do not confuse the Dunning-Kruger Effect
with the Dumb-Krueger Effect, started by
pseudo-psychologist to attack MAGAites.

The cure for Dumb-Krueger is knowlege!
May the facts be with you.
Anonymous User
September 26, 2017 11:26PM
Anonymous User
December 28, 2017 09:53AM
You're now going to explore the longest time prophecy in the Bible—on that perfectly predicted the first coming of Jesus and the time of His death.
Anonymous User
December 28, 2017 09:54AM
You're now going to explore the longest time prophecy in the Bible—on that perfectly predicted the first coming of Jesus and the time of His death.
Hgh
December 29, 2017 12:09AM
I am nopw going to laugh at you, this, and foolishness all over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!