Some stress is normal. It is often what provides us with the energy and motivation to meet goals such as deadlines, sales or production targets, or finding new clients.
Stressful jobs are OK
Avoid stressful jobs
3. What about workplace flexibility and predictability?
Flexible but unpredictable jobs preferred
Predictable but inflexible jobs preferred
4. How important is creativity in a job?
Creative jobs preferred
5. Would you accept a job considered by most to be difficult?
Relatively easy jobs preferred
6. What would your teachers say you were best at in school?
Verbal Reasoning-your ability to reason logically
Mechanical Reasoning-your ability to understand machines
Spatial Relations-the ability to visualise three dimensions
Abstract Reasoning-recognition of patterns and similarities between shapes and figures
7. Which work environments are acceptible to you?
Mixed indoors and outdoor
8. Travel or work in one location, what is acceptible to you?
Usually minimal or no travel
9. What sort of work clothes are acceptible to you?
Formal (suit and tie, etc.)
10. Where would you prefer to work?
11. Check ALL the education levels that you've completed or will complete.
12. In which of these areas do you have a strong aptitude?
13. Is high potential of job growth in your career important to you?
In contemplating your response to this question, remember that selecting high job growth potential reduces your job possibilities. If you don't intend to stay in one profession for long, this may not be an important factor.
Yes, job potential is important
No, it's not important
14. Which of the following word groups best describe your personality?
Entrepreneurial, go-getter, aggressive
Gregarious, affable, extroverted
Commonsensical, down-to-earth, practical
Detail-oriented, careful, precise
Cerebral, inquisitive, systematic
Expressive, intuitive, imaginative
15. Some jobs have the possibility of being outsourced, either abroad or to a remote location domestically.
Avoid jobs that have the potential of being outsourced.