70 to 79 degrees
80 to 89 degrees
90 to 99 degrees
100 degrees and above
4. CLIMATE: What is the lowest monthly average temperature that you will tolerate?
0 to -22 degrees
0 to 19 degrees
20 to 39 degrees
40 degrees and above
5. CLIMATE: Do you prefer a temperate climate or climate with more distinct seasons? (Results based on the differences between the coldest and hottest months.)
Temperate (Minimal weather differences between Summer and Winter)
Seasonal (Distinct seasons)
6. CLIMATE: What is the highest monthly humidity average that you will tolerate? (The most humid monthly average based on several statewide reporting locations. Individual days may be a 100% humidity.)
7. CLIMATE: How rainy or dry a state would you accept?
Driest Third of the states
Middle third of the states
Wettest third of the states
8. CLIMATE: To some people snow means fun Winter sports and activities. To others it means the dreaded snow shovel and being stuck the ditch. How snowy a state do you prefer?
Little to no snow
9. CLIMATE: Are the likelihood of tornadoes or hurricanes a consideration?
Lowest risk preferred
10. POLITICS: Some states are politically liberal, some conservative, some are a mix. Which of these will you accept??
More Democratic voters
More Republican voters
More of a balance of both types of voters.
11. GEOGRAPHY: Would you like a state that is mountainous or flat?
I prefer mountainous
I prefer flat
12. GEOGRAPHY: Do you plan to do a lot of boating or fishing?
I prefer a state with a lot of inland water
13. GEOGRAPHY: Would you like a state that borders an ocean or gulf?
Coastal state preferred.
14. EDUCATION: Graduation rates are indication of a state's commitment to education and their children.
Highest high school graduation rates preferred.
15. EDUCATION: Would you like a brainy state?
I prefer a state with a higher percent of population older than 25 with bachelor's degree or higher
16. LIFESTYLE: Is the smoking of others an issue? (As a percent of the population, twice as many people are smokers in the smokiest states as compared to the least smokey states.)
I prefer fewer smokers
I prefer more smokers
17. COSMOPOLITAN: As a general rule, big cities have special qualities including more shopping, choice of medical specialists, more cultural offerings, more ethnic and racial diversity and major league sports teams.
I prefer at least one big city with a population over 500,000.
18. RECREATION: Do you plan to golf? (Results based on the number of golf courses, the population and the area.)
I prefer more golf courses.
19. DEMOGRAPHICS: Do you prefer an older or younger population?
I prefer a higher proportion of seniors (65 and over)
I prefer a higher proportion of children (18 and under)
20. DEMOGRAPHICS: Do you like a lot of people or not so many?
I prefer a state that has a sparse population.
I prefer a state that has a dense population.
21. HOUSING COSTS: What price range of housing are you willing to accept? You can find real estate bargains in any state, but some states will give you more choices if you have housing budget. Of course cheaper homes generally appreciate more slowly than high priced homes.
Most expensive preferred.
Least expensive preferred.
22. TAX ISSUES: Would you like a state that has a low combined state and local tax rate?
Yes, low combined state and local tax rates preferred.
24. EMPLOYMENT: What sort of employment situation are you hoping for?
I prefer a state with low unemployment rate. I may be looking for work.
I prefer a state with high unemployment rate. I may want a large pool of potential employees.
25. VIOLENT CRIME: Some states have higher rates of violent crime than others
Avoid states with a higher rate of violent crime.
26. RELIGION: What level of religiosity do you prefer?
More people attending their house of worship weekly preferred.
Fewer people attending their house of worship weekly preferred.
27. OBESITY: Some states have higher rates of obesity than others. Which do you prefer?
States in which the residents are thinner preferred.
States in which the residents are fatter preferred. (I'd like a place where I look thin by comparison)