1. What type of leaves do you prefer?
2. Scales are always short, but needles can range from 1/2 to 5 inches. What do you prefer?
3. Do you prefer your tree be soft or bristly?
4. Do you want a tree known for its good needle retention?
5. What type of foliage do you like?
6. What branch traits do you like?
Stiff and strong
Soft and flexible
7. Which of these shape characteristics do you like?
More narrow and steeple-like.
More wide at the base.
With a spire
Without a spire
8. While evergreen trees are basically green, there is surprising range of hues and tints. What do you like?
9. What type of fragrance do you want?
Minimal odor (may be more easily tolerated by alergy sufferers)
10. How will you get your tree?
Retail tree lots
Choose and cut
11. Where do you prefer your tree be grown?