Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RIP, Sheriff John...

Posted by Ponderer 
RIP, Sheriff John...
October 07, 2012 08:13PM
'Sheriff' John Rovick dies at 93; popular L.A. children's TV host

I was just watching MSNBC and they were about to do a piece about the Afghan war turning 11 years old today. I thought I'd post a thread on it in Politics and as I was thinking about it, the birthday song that Sheriff John used to sing on his show popped into my head. I hadn't thought about him or that song in... in many many years. I used to watch his show every chance I got when I was little. He was like a TV father figure in a way I guess. I was actually kind of surprised to find a video of an old tape of him singing the song. I could still sing right along with it word for word. Of course the Afghan war deserved to have its birthday celebrated, so I decided to post to Sheriff John singing a birthday tribute for it. It's up on Politics now.

Backing to my original Google search, I clicked on a Wiki entry for him.

To find... to my still blown away mind... that John Rovik, who played Sheriff John, died yesterday, October 6, 2012.

latimes.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 08:31PM by Ponderer.
Re: RIP, Sheriff John...
October 07, 2012 08:16PM
Re: RIP, Sheriff John...
October 07, 2012 08:21PM
That's sad - sorry to hear it.

This is the guy we had - Skipper Chuck. About once a month or so at school somebody would come into class and say "I was on Skipper Chuck today!"

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!