Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best band

Posted by angel.us 
Best band
January 18, 2018 12:00AM
What music do you like? Who is the best ban or artist?

I think it's hard to narrow it down to one artist/band. At times in my life I would have said
either Metallica, Ozzy/Black Sabath, Led zeppelin and maybe a few others.

Now I will just enjoy them all.
Re: Best band
January 21, 2018 08:23PM
If you like metal and want to move beyond the bands everyone has heard a million billion times - try these guys...

[www.youtube.com]

PS: Don't say I never did you any favors. smoking smiley
January 22, 2018 09:57PM
Thanks for nothing (as usual). "This video is not available (as if it would have been good anyway).

I did get sick of hearing bands that all started to sound the same in the 90s I have not liked much since.

Ozzy & Zep have their own sound. (The later is hard rock, not metal.)
January 25, 2018 04:10AM
Yeah... Zep has their "own" sound they stole from these guys...

[www.youtube.com]

And the Small Faces... (skip up to 3:33 to hear where Robert Plant learned how to sing)

[www.youtube.com]

Stairway to Heaven? Not theirs either - Zep opened for Spirit on their first tour and stole it from them... (Stairway starts about 40 seconds in)...

[www.youtube.com]

Oh well at least Jimmy Page was a great guitarist - a real innovator, right? Nope - not really. Before the Yardbirds, Page was a roadie for these guys (skip up to 1:35 to see who taught him how to play guitar)...

[www.youtube.com]

Obviously there is a ton more where that came from. Like all Brit bands - especially METAL bands - Zep stole most of their stuff from other people. Anytime you need another lesson in rock and roll - just ask. eye rolling smiley
February 01, 2018 11:02PM
Oh well!

They great, these other guys not so much . . . the end.
February 07, 2018 11:42PM
Small Faces weren't so great? They spawned Humble Pie, The Faces, Rod Stewart, Led Zeppelin, yada, yada, yada... Ian McLagan performed with the Stones, Dylan, Bonnie Raitt, etc... after the Small Faces. Kenny Jones took Keith Moon's place in the Who, Steve Marriott formed Humble Pie. One of the most influential bands of all time.

Yardbirds? Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton...

Spirit made the 12 Dreams - an album far better than any of the derivative stuff Zep ever put out.

You need to get out more. Of course everyone knew that when you picked such tired, overexposed bands as your favorites. eye rolling smiley
February 10, 2018 12:28AM
I need to get out more?
This from one of the people who have nothing better to do than
discuss the same crap every day on the same website?
February 17, 2018 06:12AM
No... that's you. I discuss different stuff every day on different websites. Plus I have a job and my own business.
February 22, 2018 12:13AM
Oh, right, you do that graphic imaging whatever stuff.
February 22, 2018 09:37PM
Yes - I do have a job. Shocking to the rightwingers like yourself who live on welfare, I know.
February 24, 2018 12:48AM
I don't get welfare!

But I wouldn't call doodling a jog, dude. grinning smiley
February 24, 2018 11:56PM
Well then - we finally agree on something... I wouldn't call doodling a jog either. I call it "doodling".
March 01, 2018 12:01AM
LOL!
March 01, 2018 12:02AM
Anyway, doodling is not a real job to me. You're paid to kid stuff.
March 01, 2018 11:07PM
No, I'm paid to put publications together. But if I were paid to "doodle" - then it would be a real job because there would be money going into my pocket.
March 02, 2018 08:18PM
Put publications together? What? With glue? grinning smiley
March 02, 2018 09:02PM
With Mac computers - that's why I know more about them than you (see the cpuz thread).
March 02, 2018 09:08PM
I was making a joke & you know it . . . or knowing you maybe not.
March 02, 2018 09:08PM
And I never claim to know that much about computers.

I do know that windowz sucks. hot smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs downsmoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 09:09PM by angel.us.
March 11, 2018 12:52AM
Windows 7 doesn't suck. Windows 10 almost doesn't suck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!