Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I got an Alienware computer for $300 smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by nitou 
I got an Alienware computer for $300 smiling bouncing smiley
November 25, 2017 04:29AM
at a pawn shop. I love treasure hunting shops. I'm not a serious gamer, and I was planning to spend maybe $150 or $200 to rebuild my computer or buy a decent used one. But it was such a sweet deal I had to get it. The clerk mentioned that they had acquired it the previous day. The total cost was $300 including layaway and warranty. It was over a thousand new, but it's four years old. It has an i7 processor, nvidia 970 video card, 10 gb RAM and three hard drives. They were configured RAID but I don't have a use for that feature. It has a little damage like a busted USB port. The previous owner left their Windows account on it. It's easy enough to bypass Windows to look at what is on the hard drive, but it was impossible to find the Windows password. Far beyond my geek level. Not that I would ever try to do anything illegal while examining my new used property. I was just curious. I nuked the old Windows installation and reinstalled since it came with a valid key on the sticker. (I still use Windows because it's familiar and I haven't gotten around to learning Linux.)
Re: I got an Alienware computer for $300 smiling bouncing smiley
November 25, 2017 06:19AM
Good! Sounds like your are satisfied with the deal which is what matters.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

November 26, 2017 09:10PM
I'm getting ready to buy. Doing the whole set-up again - computer, display, iPhone, iPad (perhaps), peripherals, software... Probably spend around $7-8K total when all is said and done. Just the cost of doing business.
November 30, 2017 11:07PM
I've never gotten around to learning Linux either. I am a Mac fan though.

I despise Windows & Intel.
December 01, 2017 03:01AM
Still love my good old reliable Amiga.

December 06, 2017 02:57AM
Amiga...? (*Googles*) Wow Ponderer. Lol.
Guess what else the video card is good for besides gaming? Crypto-mining! I've been trying to get a little rig going but it keeps bluescreening and I have yet to fix this issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!