Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

oven door

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
oven door
March 25, 2013 02:32AM
A couple of days ago my oven glass just shattered. What the heck?? Now I look here and seems I am not alone. Also a Sears appliance. Defective appliances. So Now what I still have receipt but was bought 3 years ago. Still why would these just shatter? I am afraid of the answer I will get!
Anonymous User
Re: oven door
May 13, 2013 06:55AM
My wife and I bought a GE Profile stainless steel double wall oven from Sears just a couple of months...convection oven on top and thermal oven below. We cooked a roast at 350 degrees for close to 3 hours and then I removed the roast from the top oven. After I removed it I asked my wife to close the oven door and turn off the oven. Before she could even do that, the glass in the top oven suddenly exploded and shattered sending pieces of glass all over. We never experienced anything like this ever before with any oven we ever owned.

It was triple pane glass and it was the center or middle pane that exploded and shattered. My wife had noticed specks inside the oven door glass after the wall oven was installed. She had called Sears to report it but never thought that the glass could suddenly pop and shatter all over the place.

I am very disappointed with Sears over this. It is even more disappointing to learn that this wall oven glass problem shattering is not anything new but reportedly has been going on for a number of years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!