Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GLASS SHATTERED EXPLODING CUISINE ART TOASTER OVEN

Posted by Michelle Cogan 
Last night 10/9/07 I was making fish sticks for my daughter who is 4 years old. I was feeding my 6 month old in her high chair. The next thing I hear is my 4 year old crying because the toaster oven shattered a million pieces of glass all over the countertop and kitchen. I wasn't standing right next to it or reaching to take them out at the time, thank God. It was a very frightening experience. One doesn't expect the toaster oven to explode. It was purchased in April 07 from William Sonoma on-line. I thought it was the best toaster oven on the market which is why I purchased it but I guess not. I called and they are taking this one back and sending a replacement but I am afraid this may happen again.

There should be a recall on these ovens.
Re: GLASS SHATTERED EXPLODING CUISINE ART TOASTER OVEN
October 11, 2007 10:34AM
Wow, I wouldn't expect an expensive brand like a Cuisinart to fail like that. I think that's the brand that a friend of mine just purchased. She will not be pleased to read your message.

I hope you file a report with the CPSC.

I don't know what it will take for the government to protect consumers from hot exploding shards of tempered glass.

I'm very glad no one got hurt in your family. Thanks for writing in to help protect others.

Lorie
This just happened to us today, too. So far Cuisinart has been very unhelpful. Did you ever get any compensation or at least a new oven?
Re: GLASS SHATTERED EXPLODING CUISINE ART TOASTER OVEN
March 11, 2009 12:36AM
Patty, sorry that happened to you. You could try emailing the first poster in this thread by clicking on the name, but it's a pretty old thread so her email address might have changed. Best of luck with this.
Lorie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!