Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Critical Commentary on Applied/Specialized Kinesiology; Applied Neurogenics

Posted by Lorie Anderson 
Critical Commentary on Applied/Specialized Kinesiology; Applied Neurogenics
April 18, 2006 09:24PM
Lorie's "Critical Commentary on Applied/Specialized Kinesiology; Applied Neurogenics":
[www.selectsmart.com]

EXCERPT:

"Applied Kinesiology (AK) uses dubious "muscle testing" to diagnose "energy imbalance," which purportedly causes allergies, illness, etc. The typical AK arm muscle test entails the patient tasting a substance while the therapist attempts to push the patient's outstretched arm down, against the patient's attempt to resist. AK asserts that if the arm drops, the muscles had weakened from negative energy created by the mere presence of the substance. ..."

-----------------------------------------------------
>> Applied Kinesiology (AK) uses dubious "muscle testing" to diagnose "energy imbalance," ...

>> "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," Carl Sagan advised. Yet, an analysis
>> of twenty favorable AK studies conducted from 1981-1987 found all were faulty
>> - not one valid conclusion!

>> Demonstrate the unreliable nature of AK muscle testing for yourself: Ask someone to extend
>> their arm and to fully resist your effort to push it down. Then, suddenly but subtly allow the
>> person's arm to rise slightly before continuing the downward pressure. The arm easily succumbs.

-----------------------------------------------------

A nice try for explaining the validity of a muscle test. Obviously you have never been tested
by me. Because when you did you would notice I don't even come close to this way of performing.
There is no trick as such as you are trying to make the mechanics plausible to the public.
It also is not a linguistic phenomenon – a word game – as it is something you MUST have felt for
yourself. I stopped trying to spread the gospel to those who are playing this game. A game of Yes/No.

You know there is an explanation for things happening. This observation – as opposed to
"diagnose" – of a moving limb (weak) or a "standing" limb (strong) is caused by a interruption
in the flow in one of the next areas: feeling, thinking, neurology, energy, innate movement of
organs
. So not only restricted to this obscure word: "energy".

Specialized kinesiology. As I explain on <<commercial link removed>> there is this type of kinesiology
– Specialized Kinesiology – that focuses more on the whole body mind spirit connection with the
emphasis on the feeling thinking aspect of this spectrum of basic body imbalances. The techniques
used among other techniques embrace the field of NLP and the associated hypnosis because while
the client is being tested s/he is becoming more relaxed and therefore more open to his/her
unconscious. And the changes that will occur because of the opening up.

Now if that were measureable. If so you are a genius in research. And I applaud you.
Thank you for being critical.

So to sum up:
Yes, applied/specialized kinesiology is using muscle testing.
Yes, there is no trick to do muscle testing and make it behave the way it behaves.
Yes, Specialized Kinesiology focusses more on the feeling thinking aspect of "energy" imbalance.
Yes, it was the best thing that happend to me in my life.

And Specialized Kinesiology can be that for you too.

Huib Salomons
hsalomons.com

(commercial link removed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 07:37AM by Lorie Anderson.
Re: Critical Commentary on Applied/Specialized Kinesiology; Applied Neurogenics
March 30, 2009 10:50AM
Well, it shouldn't take a genius to measure the reliability of AK muscle testing. It would seem to me to be fairly easy to test. But, if you want to throw around some nebulous, gobbledygook terms, like "the thinking feeling aspect of energy imbalance," then yes, it might take a genius to figure out what you're talking about in order to study it confused smiley

I mentioned the muscle testing "trick" to indicate the dubiousness of AK muscle testing. Another much more likely reason that some clients would seem to respond to AK, assuming AK practitioners wouldn't resort to trickery, would be suggestibility. If you're using hypnosis along with AK, consider this description: "There are many definitions of hypnosis; most of them include the following four elements: Focal Concentration, Heightened Suggestibility, Low Analytical Judgment and Imagination." (from [www.hypnosisresearchinstitute.org])

Here's a video I found online that suggests that someone's arm strength can be affected by the position of their feet, again not to imply that practitioners are conducting purposeful trickery but to show that muscle weakness/strength can result from things that have nothing to do with AK claims: http://www.metacafe.com/w/790457/

Here's a good critical analysis of AK: [www.chiroweb.com]
>> .. throw around some nebulous, gobbledygook terms, like "the thinking feeling aspect of energy imbalance.

All in all I can follow you. And I want to respond in respect to that.

I like to "keep the energy flowing". This gobbledygook you mention is just because you are not yet linking to a kind of thinking that is based on the assumption, that an inbalance has a bodily, a thinking-feeling (mind) and a spiritual component. You do not have to be a genius for this to recognize.

So when we do an AK manual muscle test (AKMMT) – as this is called in an article you linked to –, we can focus on the body. As one does with the functional manual muscle test (SMMT). And we might as well tune in on the thinking-feeling or on the spiritual component. When one AKMMT does not work out in the one field, it might work in one of the other. You will find it turns out to be like that most of the time.

[What we are looking for is a change in muscle test reaction after applying a LIGHT pressure.]

There is a third test possibilty. Although it is stated that there are only two possible results (weak and strong). When you practize AKMMT as in Applied Physiology you soon will recognize there is a third one. One where there is no reaction what so ever when applying the spindlecell technique (blocked). For further information I suggest Muscle monitoring explained.

AKMMT is no strength test. Never!! I mention this just for the sake of clarity. You push only so hard as to recognize the QUALITY of the muscle test. And go from there.

Huib Salomons
Stress management with Specialized Kinesiology <<commercial link removed>>

(Commercial link removed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 07:39AM by Lorie Anderson.
Re: Critical Commentary on Applied/Specialized Kinesiology; Applied Neurogenics
April 02, 2009 06:43AM
I don't accept your assumptions; I don't accept the idea of imbalanced energy fields and the like. I don't see any reason to believe that muscle testing as described by AK, or similarly, can tell you anything about what a person is thinking or feeling subconsciously, unconsciously, or consciously. Discerning the "quality" of someone's muscle response in the way described would be prone to subjective interpretation on both the part of the practitioner and the client. I can accept that some healthy reflection and analysis could come out of this process, as the test leads to discussion of what the person is feeling and thinking, but it sounds to me like the muscle testing process is superfluous. Sorry; perhaps we have to just agree to disagree because we just don't see eye to eye on the basic assumptions.
"Discerning the "quality" of someone's muscle response in the way described would be prone to subjective interpretation on both the part of the practitioner and the client. I can accept that some healthy reflection and analysis could come out of this process, as the test leads to discussion of what the person is feeling and thinking, but it sounds to me like the muscle testing process is superfluous."

Never been Touched 1) – It is obvious you are coming from a NON-EXPERIENTIAL point of view. Because when you have felt it once – had been "Touch"-ed – you would be wondering: "How on earth can this be happening to me!?"
You would stop analyzing it for the sake of analysis and start find new ways of using this method for the best. I know I did ,,, and I am still searching for new ways of excel in this approach.

I agree there is a lot of questionable representation of this process (muscle testing).
And you know where there is smoke there is fire. And not just a fire!

Agree to disagree – And yes, because of the fact you have never felt it this way, the last statement of yours is OK: "We have to just agree to disagree because we just don't see eye to eye on the basic assumptions."

1) A phrase used in "Touch for Health".

Huib Salomons
hsalomons.com <<commercial link removed>>

(commercial link removed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 07:42AM by Lorie Anderson.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!