SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19

Posted by Hornswoggle 
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
January 27, 2014 12:19AM
As I've said many a time, Believers are inconsistent when they decide whether or not human ignorance applies to a given situation. PTTP’s post at January 26, 2014 12:41PM is sound. (The post taken by itself, not necessarily it's implications.) It calls on us to acknowledge that we don’t know, and cannot foretell, what sort of technology an advanced society will possess, and to bear that in mind as we examine UFO claims. Here, human ignorance seems to apply. Fine.

But ask her why cellphones don’t work in proximity to UFO’s, and she’ll tell you that the radiation from the UFO's nuclear power supply disrupts electronic devices. Here, human ignorance does not seem to apply, as PTTP fails to acknowledge that we don’t know for sure that the UFO’s possess nuclear powered devices, or that they radiate beyond the walls of the craft. She is ignoring the fact that there is a VAST array of variables that would dictate how the EMP from a given nuclear interaction would affect surrounding devices. (I suspect that your average UFOlogist website gets it’s “information” by making assumptions based solely on what they learned about high altitude nuclear bursts that were expected at the outset of a Cold War nuclear exchange. In other words, “Nuclear explosions shut down electronics. That’s all we need to know. Camera-phone problem solved”)
January 27, 2014 03:50AM
Nanu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 04:07AM by Indy!.
January 27, 2014 11:47AM
Here's Horny's cut'n'paste from a UFO reporting website that we're talking about:

Sighting Report Occurred : 1/1/2014 00:01 (Entered as : 1/1/2014 0:01) Reported: 1/2/2014 4:58:26 PM 16:58 Posted: 1/10/2014 Location: Waxhaw, NC Shape: Disk Duration: Still going on I witnessed an alien war over Waxhaw NC MCP -Celebrating the New Year and thought I was just witnessing fireworks. I saw a lot of explosions in the sky, but instead of colorful geometric formations, I kept seeing huge fireballs followed by mushroom clouds. Apparently aliens were having a war in the atmosphere. 6-7 UFOs shaped like discs and piloted by Grays were shooting lasers and neutron missiles at each other at an altitude of 95,000 feet. It looked like the UFOs were blowing up when they were hit, but their shields protected them. I saw one Gray eject from his spacecraft after several direct hits, but he parachuted into another craft then took off back into deep space. The worst part was getting abducted. A UFO landed in my driveway and the pilot got out and asked for several wooden boxes of uranium. I told him I had some in my basement, and when he went and looked I snuck onto his spaceship and started going through his things. He came back and caught me. Things got really out of hand at this point and I'm too embarrassed to say what happened next. [www.nuforc.org]

Indy, Horny, surely you two recognize this as a spoof and not a serious report, right?

So what was the point of posting it? . . . to show that the NUFORC website is a joke? But that supports the skeptical view not yours.
January 28, 2014 03:38AM
So how hard was that to source? Probably took you all of 5 minutes - but by not posting it, you sent a least one board member into yet another one of his childish name-calling frenzies.

Now that I see what you're talking about - no, I do not believe the story. Of course not - how would this guy know if the aliens were using neutron missiles or hydrogen bombs or Black Cat firecrackers without some kind of lab test to verify the ordinance in question?
January 28, 2014 05:06AM
It was obviously a goofy hoax. Horns posted it to show that she has a sense of humor about this stuff.

January 28, 2014 05:46AM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was obviously a goofy hoax. Horns posted it to
> show that she has a sense of humor about this
> stuff.

thumbs up

============================================================================

*Sanders 2016*

"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through"
January 28, 2014 06:03AM
Let's see how many posts it takes for Dick to figure out my reply was also tongue in cheek.

I'm betting at least two. smoking smiley
January 28, 2014 07:17AM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was obviously a goofy hoax. Horns posted it to
> show that she has a sense of humor about this
> stuff.

That "goofy hoax" was not written by PTTP but was taken directly from the place where so many of her other UFO reports come from -- NUFORC.COM.

Can we all at least agree that that website is a joke and that PTTP should find another, perhaps more reliable website from which to conduct her, ahem, "research."
January 28, 2014 09:29AM
The website itself labeled it as a hoax. It wasn't presented as a legitimate report. Even they have a sense of humor. You should try developing one yourself some time.

January 28, 2014 11:43AM
A hoax? Ya' think??? Of course it was a hoax! But it was a hoax perpetrated by someone else, not by the website.

This was such an OBVIOUS hoax that even the website itself caught it. So how many hoaxes of a subtler nature are never caught by NUFORC and as a result are included in their statistics?

What's worse is that even this OBVIOUS hoax appears to be included in their January sightings total.

. . . and this is where PTTP goes to get her "reliable" UFO data? Really?
January 28, 2014 04:37PM
Try finding a website that operates as a repository for the public to post information that isn't abused by hoaxers.

January 28, 2014 05:33PM
So you admit that the information gathered by that website is completely unreliable? OK then, so much for that website.

The next obvious question is do you have a reliable source of information on UFO sightings?
January 28, 2014 05:53PM
How did we get from Nuforc presenting a post which they think is silly, and openly labeling it as such, to the whole website being unreliable?
January 28, 2014 06:21PM
Thank you Navy.

January 28, 2014 08:57PM
That's called "Dick logic".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!