SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Share
SelectSmart.com Your dialect reveals where you live.
What do you call this small freshwater lobster-like crustacean?
Crawdad
Crawfish
Crayfish
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19

Posted by Hornswoggle 
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 09, 2013 10:43PM
Sam,

"Exactly so why mention the far removed aspect of the reports at all?"

??? Because that's a valid contributing reason for discounting something ... or at least being all the more skeptical of it. That's just common sense.

"He seems to be avoiding just admitting that there is nothing that would convince him that any unusual event like a ufo sighting could ever happen or has happened."

You're pulling that out of thin air. Dick's stance makes perfect sense to me. If someone reports something fantastical, there's good reason to be skeptical of it. If someone reports that someone else reported that someone else reported that someone else reported something fantastical, that's reason to be more skeptical. What's the problem here? Where are we missing each other???
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 09, 2013 11:00PM
I'm wondering if the military informing their recruits about UFOs would be considered "fantastical" to some people.

PS: Is "fantastical" a real word? Hmmm... sure enough... According to the dictionary, it's a rarely used offshoot of "fantastic". They even have an example... "Navy answering Indy's UFO question would be quite fantastical.
Sam
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 09, 2013 11:51PM
Navy, Dick is not just skeptical about ufos. He's been asked and cannot or will not explain what evidence WOULD convince him that someone saw a ufo which leads me to believe NOTHING would convince him which, to me, sorry, is avoidance behavior if not a completely irrational position to take. But let's say that is his position, then that would not make him merely skeptical but convinced and if THAT is so, pointing out far removal of reports as a reason is just unnecessary if not another example of avoidance.

May I ask you: What evidence would be convincing to YOU that huge disc shaped flying craft that perform fantastical feats in the sky exist?
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 10, 2013 12:32AM
I may be wrong about this, and stop me right here if I am, but it seems to me that all of these incidents that involve nuclear launch sites occurred decades ago. Do you have any recent ones? If not, doesn't it strike you as odd that the incidents have stopped since the proliferation of camera phones? - Navy

The incidents haven't stopped.

The two individuals who reported multiple sightings of the huge cigar-shaped craft by missile maintenance teams at F.E. Warren AFB in October 2010—at a time when 50 ICBMs were effectively offline—cannot be prosecuted for divulging classified information because, among other repercussions, the Air Force higher-ups would have to openly admit that they took the UFO reports seriously and went so far as to admonish an entire missile squadron not to talk about the incident.

In short, any open prosecution of the two men would risk turning a media spotlight on the whole affair, thereby raising public awareness about the true nature of the event—something the Pentagon definitely does not want to happen.

And so the game goes on. The Air Force continues to claim that UFOs pose no risk to U.S. national security. Meanwhile, veterans slowly but surely come forward to report UFOs at various nuclear missile bases—as far back as 1962 and as recently as 2010—which often appeared just as some of America's nuclear missiles mysteriously malfunctioned. Maybe, someday, the public will be let in on the truth.
- [www.ufohastings.com]

Hastings' site is excellent. He's confined his research to UFO incursions at military bases.

The reason there are more reports of UFOs at military bases, especially ICBM sites, from the 60s is because many of the airmen waited until they retired from the service to come forward. I would think that most military personnel take their orders to maintain secrecy very seriously.
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 10, 2013 12:54AM
Hornswoggle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The reason there are more reports of UFOs at
> military bases, especially ICBM sites, from the
> 60s is because many of the airmen waited until
> they retired from the service to come forward. I
> would think that most military personnel take
> their orders to maintain secrecy very seriously.


Retired from service and - beyond that - were too old and too far removed from service to face any type of retribution.


And Dick thought Navy was playing me. grinning smiley
Sam
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 10, 2013 01:28AM
I read one guy said he waited to talk about it because now he's old and just doesn't care that others might think he was a "kook".
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 10, 2013 01:37AM
I suspect one day Navy will be in those same shoes. smoking smiley
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 12:49AM
Indy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say Dick is avoiding the subject much like
> Navy is avoiding my direct UFO question - but that
> would be an insult to Navy's squirrel-like
> capabilities.


Navy really has gotten to you with this, hasn't he? You seem to have no ability to get past the fact that he's intentionally ignoring your pointless question. You're obsessed. lol
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 12:53AM
Sam wrote: Exactly so why mention the far removed aspect of the reports at all? He seems to be avoiding just admitting that there is nothing that would convince him that any unusual event like a ufo sighting could ever happen or has happened. I think there's a reason for his avoidance to that admission. That's all I'm saying.

So just because I believe it's less likely that a gigantic flying saucer actually hovered just above your head one night for an hour at a drive-in movie before zipping away at an unearthly speed, with dozens of witnesses in attendance who later seem to have foggy memories at best of the event you say they witnessed . . .

. . . than it is that the event occurred solely inside your brain due to some sort of dream/sleep anomaly, this means that nothing can convince me that an unusual event like a fantastic UFO sighting might occur?

Why would you think that? Even your own fantastic experience would be far more credible if all those dozens of witnesses swore that it happened just the way you believe it did. It doesn't help your case at all that, as far as I know, none of them have verified it.

I also find it very strange that not one of those dozens of people -- except for you, as far as we know -- reported this incredible, life-changing event to anyone else. Frankly, no one should believe your account as you give it although some people doubtlessly have and will.

But this is beside the point of your claim about me: namely, that I will not believe any possible UFO story.

If a UFO lands on the national mall tomorrow morning with all the major networks and CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc., covering it, then -- after I pinch myself damned hard and probably make a couple of phone calls -- I will believe that a UFO has landed on the national mall. Why wouldn't I?
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 01:24AM
Dick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Navy really has gotten to you with this, hasn't
> he? You seem to have no ability to get past the
> fact that he's intentionally ignoring your
> pointless question. You're obsessed. lol


The funny part being you really do believe that. smoking smiley
Sam
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 03:03AM
Dick, Good to know. Thx. I had been under the impression that no authority (even or esp. media) would be convincing to you.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2013 03:36AM by Sam.
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 03:54PM
Indy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Navy really has gotten to you with this, hasn't
> > he? You seem to have no ability to get past the
> > fact that he's intentionally ignoring your
> > pointless question. You're obsessed. lol
>
>
> The funny part being you really do believe that.
> smoking smiley


Yeah, I do. How many times would you estimate that you've brought up the dumb question that you asked Navy and that he ignored? Five times now? Ten? How many more times will you bring it up before your obsession abates and you can finally move on?
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 08:44PM
Now I have TWO fish on the hook. smiling smiley
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 09:51PM
Indy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now I have TWO fish on the hook. smiling smiley


All part of your master plan, we're sure. eye rolling smiley

============================================================================

*Sanders 2016*

"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through"
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 11, 2013 10:15PM
Nope, Dick is just a willing dupe who stumbled into the gag.

But if you want to tell others it was some sort of master plan on my part - I won't stop you. smoking smiley



PS: Cool vid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login



Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!