SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19

Posted by Hornswoggle 
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 09, 2013 09:33PM
Ahhh... right on cue. Too funny.
October 09, 2013 09:34PM
Sam, no one here, with the exception of poor Horny, believes that a gigantic flying saucer actually hovered just above your head for about an hour one night at a drive-in movie. It's not just me. I'm very sorry you had that mental experience but there is nothing I can do about it.
October 09, 2013 09:39PM
Indy, so you mean to say you really don't realize that Horny's tale of an object, which looked like a flying saucer, that emitted a red light down a missile silo is at least a 4th-hand account of that incident to you?

That explains a lot.
October 09, 2013 09:39PM
Stop lying, Dick. I've said from day 1 I believed Sam's story 100%. Pondy - if I recall - also said she believed the story.

Oh and btw - Sam's story would be considered a "first" hand account... in case you were wondering. smoking smiley
Sam
October 09, 2013 09:51PM
Dick, No need to apologize and I don't expect you do anything about it. I just reported what happened and what I saw. The point is that you discredit all of Horn's accounts, you say, because the reports are second, third, fourth hand. But that's obviously NOT why you don't believe it because I gave you a FIRST hand account and you don't believe that. The only explanation for your total refusal to accept ANY account is either that 1) you need to see it yourself to believe it or 2) you won't allow yourself (for some psych reason) to accept it even if you saw it yourself.
October 09, 2013 09:57PM
People vote for Obama and the tabulation centers add up the votes - the head tabulations guy takes a look at them.

1. He tells the Elections Commission who won.

2. The Elections Commissioner hands the report to the Elections Commission pr guy.

3. The Elections Commission pr guy breaks the news to the media.

4. The media tells Dick.

Dick - shockingly - believes a 4th hand account that Obama won the election. smiling smiley
Sam
October 09, 2013 10:03PM
To be fair, tho, Dick makes a good point that my and other claims of ufo sightings are not mundane like election results are. Still, the reason he's giving for not believing them has been proven to not be the case at all. There is some other reason he doesn't/can't/won't believe.
October 09, 2013 10:07PM
He has the god problem, of course. But getting back to the elections - the Bush election wasn't mundane. The other point one could make is election results are more important and people have a much better reason to lie in that regard than they do when it comes to UFOs. In fact, outside of a few lonely people looking for attention or the very few trying to make a buck - there is almost no reason to report a UFO sighting. I fail to see any reason why you would lie about your experience - on the contrary, I see plenty of reason for you to not say anything at all about it. For most people it's a lot more trouble than it's worth - especially those in the military or professional airline services.

As Navy can attest. smoking smiley
Sam
October 09, 2013 10:13PM
Why do you think Navy has some inside info?
October 09, 2013 10:14PM
Sam,

"Still, the reason he's giving for not believing them has been proven to not be the case at all. There is some other reason he doesn't/can't/won't believe. "

Give me a break. "Fourth hand account" is the only reason Dick is discounting these reports? If Dick heard, fourth-hand, that boxes of Cheerios were 2-for-1 at Walmart, do you think he'd give that report more or less weight than a UFO report?
Sam
October 09, 2013 10:21PM
I just said he makes a good point that those mundane kind of things require much less to believe than unusual ones like mine. That said, he is complaining about how far removed the accounts are as being a good reason to reject them.
October 09, 2013 10:23PM
Why don't we have Dick answer for the questions for Dick and Navy answer the questions for Navy? smiling smiley
October 09, 2013 10:30PM
Sam,

From a few posts above (underline is Navy's):

"Still, the reason he's giving for not believing them has been proven to not be the case at all. There is some other reason he doesn't/can't/won't believe. -Sam"

Dick can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's safe to say that he views an account being far removed as a contributing reason for discounting it. It seems to me like you're trying to single out this "far removed" issue and point to it like it's the only factor, and therefore there must be some aberration in Dick's psyche that's putting him into a denial state.

We are talking about UFO's, Sam. Not exactly 2-for-1 Cheerios, huh?
Sam
October 09, 2013 10:36PM
Exactly so why mention the far removed aspect of the reports at all? He seems to be avoiding just admitting that there is nothing that would convince him that any unusual event like a ufo sighting could ever happen or has happened. I think there's a reason for his avoidance to that admission. That's all I'm saying.
October 09, 2013 10:42PM
I would say Dick is avoiding the subject much like Navy is avoiding my direct UFO question - but that would be an insult to Navy's squirrel-like capabilities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!