SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19

Posted by Hornswoggle 
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
October 09, 2013 06:13PM
IOW, Retired U.S. Air Force Major Gaylan W. King never saw a UFO himself but apparently heard reports from others who say that they did?

eye rolling smiley

This is even worse evidence than was the anonymous UFO sighting that Hornswoggle posted earlier. Here, some anonymous X tells Gaylan King, who in turn tells Robert Hastings, who then tells us via a UFO internet website, that the anonymous X saw something that looked like a flying saucer that emitted a beam of reddish light from the saucer to a missile silo.

. . . and this to Hornswoggle apparently counts as strong evidence.

This is just getting sad.
Sam
October 09, 2013 07:03PM
I agree the quality of evidence gets weaker and weaker with each retelling but I also know that when someone tells you they (I) had a direct first hand sighting, you don't consider that good or strong evidence either. I suspect if you saw one yourself you would not even believe it then. Some people just cannot allow themselves to suspend disbelief in certain things for a second to consider that something weird might be going on that they (we) can't explain. Being ubersceptical is fine but it sometimes borders on a neurotic form of denial. Just be aware of that, no offense, k?
October 09, 2013 07:47PM
Dick thinks this is all being concocted. eye rolling smiley

In 2005, retired USAF Lt. Col. Philip E. Moore agreed to tell me about his own UFO experience at Walker AFB, New Mexico. At the time of the incident Moore had been a Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander (DMCCC) and was on duty in one of the 579th Strategic Missile Squadron's underground Atlas ICBM launch control capsules.

He said, "It was late at night. My crew was on alert at 579 Site 7 in late 1964 when my crew commander, Major Dan Gilbert, and I got a call from one of our 'sister' sites. The other missile crew said that a UFO was alternately hovering over their site, rapidly moving away, then returning."

Moore continued, "It was Major Gilbert who took the call, most likely from the other MCCC. I believe it was Site 6 that called, but it might have been Site 8. Sites 6, 7, and 8 were in a cluster south-southeast of Roswell. The sighting could have been made by a guard or enlisted crew member at the other site."

"I was a first lieutenant at the time, one of three crew members certified to monitor the launch console. So Major Gilbert sent our enlisted crew members—Technical Sergeant Jack Nevins, Airman 1st Class Bob Garner, and Airman 1st Class Mike Rundag—up to the Silo Cap, at ground level, to see what they could."

"They reported the UFO zooming from the direction of Site 6 to the direction of Site 8 and hovering for awhile at the end of the movement. I recall my crew members saying that the hovering was instantaneous. At times it hovered over Site 6, then flew extremely rapidly to the other site and instantly stopped and hovered in-place over that one. I can't remember how many round-trips were involved. They all described it as a silent light that moved extremely rapidly—instant go and instant stop, no getting up to speed or slowing down. Unfortunately, no binoculars were available."

Moore added, "The common comment I remember was that everyone thought it was a UFO and that it was hovering directly over Sites 6 and 8 and nowhere else. Thus, it was specifically interested in those sites."

[www.ufohastings.com]
October 09, 2013 07:52PM
If one goes to my documents page one will find a three-page Air Force report discussing UFO activity at F.E. Warren AFB's Minuteman missile sites from July 31 to August 2, 1965. Retired launch officer John F. "Jay" Earnshaw was involved in the events of August 1st and, it seems, on other unknown dates in the mid-1960s.

He told me, "I was a Captain, a Missile Combat Crew Commander or, early on, a Deputy Commander, primarily at Echo Flight. We did have [UFO] sightings at Echo Flight. There were times that our security forces up above would report strange things. Lights in the sky. Because I was a missile commander, the security people were required to call down to the capsule and report anything unusual going on up there."

"The information we got about the UFOs was that none of them came inside the fenced area [around the Echo Launch Control Facility], and none of them touched-down in the area outside the fence. As reported by the on-duty security controller, the lights visible from Echo Flight would have extended from the northwest to the southeast. So they were all just strange aerial lights, making no noise, that would stack on top of one another and then just disappear."

I asked Earnshaw if he could recall any specific description of the aerial lights. He said, "The security people described them as oblong or, from the correct perspective, disc-like. No reported markings or navigation lights. If a color was reported, it was usually reddish or orange-ish shades. They were reported as 'aloft' or 'up in the air' but I don't recall any mention of altitude—no reliable estimated distance other than 'close.'"

Earnshaw added, "I heard that [the Air Force Office of Special Investigations] was debriefing people. OSI was charged with doing whatever the commanders above them wanted done."

I asked Earnshaw to estimate the number of UFO-related calls he had received from the security police topside at Echo. He said, "There were a few. It wasn't a multitude of calls. Those calls were eventually discouraged by higher command. There was a lot of pressure by Blue Book to keep this under wraps and, you know, they were saying publicly that there was nothing to [UFOs] and all that. But [among the missile launch officers] there were reports by word-of-mouth. But it was one of those things that was never officially acknowledged."

Earnshaw then said firmly, "But we got reports from our security people that there were objects in the sky stacked up, one on top of the other, just hovering there. The Russians sure didn't have the capability to do that! So that leaves only one other possibility. I am one who believes that we are not the only ones in the Universe and, well, I think someone might have been interested in what we were doing at our [nuclear missile] sites. I wasn't one of the witnesses to these events because I was underground in the capsule, but my second-hand information from the security people up above was that the objects were really there."

[www.ufohastings.com]
October 09, 2013 08:20PM
Ten UFOs Cavort Above Nuclear Missiles at Malmstrom AFB

Since 1973, I have interviewed more than 140 U.S. military veterans regarding their knowledge of incidents involving UFO activity at nuclear weapons sites. Seven of those individuals participated in my September 27, 2010 “UFOs and Nukes” press conference, in Washington D.C., which CNN streamed live. The full-length video may be viewed at my website’s homepage.

The latest interview, with former U.S. Air Force Security Policeman Joseph C. Pscolka, Jr., occurred earlier this week.

He told me:

I don’t remember the exact date, but one night in 1986, at Malmstrom Air Force Base, [Montana], when I was working as Alpha-1 Flight Security Controller (FSC), I got a phone call from the Bravo-1 FSC about a group of lights darting around in the sky to his south. A-1 was the command post for the 10th Strategic Missile Squadron. I turned out the Security Control Center lights so I could see better and, sure enough, there was a group of five lights zooming around in the night sky.

They all maneuvered like nothing manmade could have, then or now. They didn't move fluidly; it was high-speed darting around. They made sharp-angled turns, one after the other, until they all stopped at the same time, instantly.

It was late fall with a completely overcast sky, so it was pitch black outside. I told everyone on the site about it, then shut off the Launch Control Facility (LCF) perimeter lights. Then the phone started ringing off the hook, as all of the other LCFs in the squadron area called to report the lights.

As I hung up the phone, five more lights descended slowly from the clouds to join the first five. They stopped momentarily, then all ten began to dart around like crazy fireflies for about a minute, before descending very close to the ground. Then they zipped-off at high speed in all directions, disappearing into the clouds.

I notified the Alpha Launch Control Center, [where the two launch officers were on alert], then Wing Security Control, which monitors security operations in the missile complex, among other things, and reports incidents up the chain-of-command.

There was quite the buzz among everyone present. We talked about it long after the lights left. The next morning, the Wing Commander and the Security Police Group Commander came out to A-1 and grilled me for about an hour. The Wing Commander—can't recall his name—was very curious about what I saw. I distinctly remember he postulated that, ‘We can't be alone in this Universe.’ The Group Commander was more concerned about whether OpSec (Operations Security) or CommSec (Communications Security) had been compromised.

When we got back to base, [every Security Policeman] working in the missile complex that night had to sign a non-disclosure agreement over the incident. Those were issued by the Group Commander. I never did talk to anyone from the Office of Special Investigations, which surprised me. I never heard another thing about it again.

I told Pscolka I was surprised to hear that the Wing Commander had candidly speculated about a possible extraterrestrial origin for the UFOs. He replied, “Well, he had asked me what I thought the lights were and I said something like, ‘no manmade aircraft could perform those maneuvers,’ so that’s when he made the remark about it being a big Universe. I think he was just agreeing with me, in an informal way, that the incident was unexplainable.”
October 09, 2013 08:23PM
Dick doesn't seem to grasp that virtually every thing in the news is a second hand account. Did you not believe Obama was elected president because you weren't the one who counted the votes, Dick? eye rolling smiley

So far as the military - we can get a first hand account right here on the board. I have a standing question in for Navy - did the military in any way discuss or acknowledge UFOs in any way whatsoever? Simple yes or no from someone who claims to have served.
Sam
October 09, 2013 08:38PM
How exactly does "the military" discuss something?
October 09, 2013 08:47PM
Indy doesn't know the difference in a second-hand account of a mundane event with tons of corroborating evidence and a fourth-hand account of a highly unusual event with no corroborating evidence.

Quick show of hands. How many of you are surprised by this?

That's what I thought. smiling smiley
October 09, 2013 08:48PM
The Malmstrom Incident

UFO sightings by U.S. Air Force security personnel posted at ICBM sites operated by Malmstrom AFB are an ongoing affair. The most famous cases occurred in March 1967, according to the testimony of three former or retired Minuteman missile launch officers—Capt. Robert Salas, Col. Frederick Meiwald and Col. Walter Figel.

A fourth officer, Capt. Eric Carlson, denies any knowledge of UFO activity at Malmstrom, despite tape recorded statements by his deputy missile commander, Walt Figel, who told me in 2008 that Carlson was sitting "two feet away" from him when he took a call from a missile security guard who reported seeing a "large, round object" hovering over one of Echo Flight’s Launch Facilities. Within two minutes, all ten missiles had malfunctioned. That occurred on March 16, 1967.

Figel said that two other airmen, comprising a Security Alert Team that he had dispatched to the missile site, also reported seeing the UFO, thereby confirming the initial report. Both Figel and Carlson were later debriefed about the incident and told, "Don’t talk about it," according to Figel, who kept his silence until 1996, when he mentioned it to former launch officer Bob Salas, during another taped telephone conversation.

Salas had his own UFO encounter, at Oscar Flight, on March 24, 1967, when as many as 10 ICBMs mysteriously malfunctioned moments after a disc-shaped craft was reported to be hovering over the Oscar Launch Control Facility (LCF). At the time, Salas had been sitting at the missile-readiness console in the underground launch control capsule.

Col. Frederick Meiwald substantiated most of Salas’ statements about the incident during a taped telephone conversation with me in 2011, saying that he couldn’t confirm everything because he had been on a rest break in the capsule when Salas woke him up, telling him that the flight’s missiles were dropping off alert status.

But Meiwald did acknowledge that, moments later, he had ordered a Security Alert Team to respond to an alarm at one of Oscar’s launch facilities, and that those men had briefly seen "a bright, flying object at low-level" hovering over it, before quickly fleeing back to the Oscar LCF. One guard was so badly shaken by the experience, according to Meiwald, that he had to be transported to the hospital at Malmstrom before the end of his shift.

[www.ufohastings.com]
October 09, 2013 08:50PM
Oh, and it's hilarious the way you're being played by Navy and are completely oblivious to it.

smiling smiley
October 09, 2013 08:50PM
Indy doesn't know the difference in a second-hand account... - Dick

The incident I highlighted in red is a first-hand account.
Sam
October 09, 2013 09:00PM
Dick might claim YOU reporting it here makes it at least a second hand account. MY account of MY sighting is truly a first hand account. Dick will just never believe it no matter what, imo.
October 09, 2013 09:01PM
Dick can't count.

And Navy playing me? I think even Navy might get a laugh out of that one. smoking smiley
October 09, 2013 09:18PM
PTTP,

I may be wrong about this, and stop me right here if I am, but it seems to me that all of these incidents that involve nuclear launch sites occurred decades ago. Do you have any recent ones? If not, doesn't it strike you as odd that the incidents have stopped since the proliferation of camera phones?
Sam
October 09, 2013 09:25PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!