SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19

Posted by Hornswoggle 
Re: I saw 2 UFOs about midnight PST 9/18-9/19
September 30, 2013 09:17PM
"You could look throughout history for examples of preventative actions backfiring catastrophically. How would they be able to see all the potential results of their visitations without living them?"

By using their time machine.
September 30, 2013 10:22PM
September 30, 2013 11:38PM
No, that's what you're saying. I think more people than you think have "foreign" debris under their skin than we can ever know. You've only paid attention to the few cases of "meteorite" and not the multitude of instances of more common materials. - Sam

For all the people who've suspected they had an alien implant and had it removed, what was removed was always a small meteorite-like thing.
October 01, 2013 01:48AM
October 01, 2013 02:15AM
Your link doesn't work.
Sam
October 01, 2013 03:50AM
Even the most renowned "expert" in the field of "alien implants", Dr. Roger Leir does not claim ALL implants are meteorites.

"Their findings have been baffling and some comparisons have been made to Meteorite Samples." (embolding mine)

Read more: [www.disclose.tv]
October 01, 2013 06:30AM
The link worked for me. Whatever. Here's the article in its entireity. It's by Oxford psychologist Susan Blackmore.

Scientific Analysis of an "Alien Implant"

Published in UFO Magazine Nov/Dec 1997

James Basil claims a long history of abductions. In 1992, at the age of thirteen, he had a terrifying experience in which he stretched out in his bed and found he was touching another hand - a smooth lizard-like hand with curled fingers. He later found himself back in bed with two aliens, one male and one female, standing by his bed. After this he began to remember many other experiences. He had seen strange lights outside his Bristol house. He remembers meetings with three alien creatures in the field behind, but his most vivid recollection is of being floated across the hallway and into a UFO outside the bathroom window. He is convinced that he has been abducted many times and that the aliens have some mysterious purpose in which he is involved.

In March 1997 James came to interview me for a student media project. He asked lots of intelligent questions about my research and my views on aliens, and challenged my theory that many "abductions" are in fact elaborations of sleep paralysis. He then revealed that not only had he experienced sleep paralysis, but was also an abductee - and in his opinion the two experiences were quite different. This fascinated me, but more interesting still was that he thought he could prove his experiences were real - the aliens had implanted a small object in his mouth and after a couple of weeks he had removed it. He now had it safe in a small plastic box but it was too small for him to be sure what it was. He asked me whether I would be interested in seeing the implant and possibly analysing it to find out.

There have been many previous claims that the aliens have implanted small objects into people’s noses, legs and other body parts. Sometimes these are thought to be tracking devices or instruments for measuring body functions or recording other useful data from their victims. More scary is the idea that they are control devices, used by the aliens to manipulate brain chemical levels or neural functioning. However it is hard to find out what they really are since the aliens are apparently not very keen on having their devices removed, X-rayed or scanned. I met one abductee in the States who had small lumps on her arm which she was convinced were implants but she said that the aliens would not let her go to a hospital to have the objects scanned. To my inexperienced eye they could easily have been ordinary cysts. To my sceptical mind she seemed to be using a lame excuse.

She is not alone. Many "implants" mysteriously disappear and there are even stories of people sneezing them out and accidentally hoovering them up. Abductee Michelle La Vigne reports that one "implant" dissolved before it could be shown to anyone. And David Jacobs has said that most implants disappear as soon as they are removed from the abductee’s body.

However, John Mack, Harvard Professor of Psychiatry and well known for his work on abduction, has been able to analyse a few of these rare objects in the laboratory. One turned out to be "an interesting twisted fibre consisting of carbon, silicon, oxygen, no nitrogen, and traces of other elements". This could mean it was any number of ordinary earthly things. Others were clearly "of normal biological material" - in other words they probably came from the abductee’s own body. Another implant that has been thoroughly analysed was taken from abductee Richard Price. A physicist, David Pritchard, subjected it to many tests but, again, he concluded that it was of earthly biological origin.

Of course it could be that the aliens are so clever they can disguise their implants as anything they like - a completely untestable idea that seems highly plausible to some believers and hilarious to some sceptics. Mack concluded that "... it may be wrong to expect that a phenomenon whose very nature is subtle ... will yield its secrets to an epistemology or methodology that operates at a lower level of consciousness". Hmmmm?

Since then Derrel Sims, nicknamed "the alien hunter", has collected several putative implants. Most are tiny ceramic or metal objects but he also has some human teeth in his collection. Along with Dr Roger Leir he has been trying to analyse objects surgically removed from abductees but so far there is no convincing evidence for any objects with extra-terrestrial features, unusual elements or signs of sophisticated alien technology. All the research so far seems to suggest that the "implants" are not really that at all. But imagine the importance if they were!

I was therefore thrilled to be given the chance to example and analyse an "implant" for myself. I have to say I was not hopeful that this object would really provide evidence for alien civilisation, but I was conscious that it just might. I honestly do not believe that aliens are visiting our planet and taking people away for unpleasant purposes of their own. I suspect that most abduction experiences are actually either sleep paralysis or other kinds of frightening and bizarre experience which people then interpret as abduction because of what they have read and seen on television.

I also think that the current belief in abductions is getting more and more dangerous and out of hand. Understandably some people are frightened that they might become a victim of the aliens. People who have perfectly ordinary experiences of hallucinations, visions, or even mystical experiences are being persuaded by others that their experiences are created by nasty, devious extraterrestrial creatures. Children are being unwittingly, or deliberately, terrified by adults who suggest this possibility to them. There have even been suggestions of abduction being used as a cover for sexual abuse of young children. Unscrupulous hypnotherapists are jumping onto the bandwagon and making money out of persuading people that they are abductees. Finally some abductees are even allowing unnecessary surgery to be done on them to remove "implants" with all the risks of anaesthetic complications and infection that any surgery entails. If the aliens do not exist, as I suspect, then we should try to stop all this madness.

However, I might be wrong. And this implant at least gave me a chance of finding out. If we found that it contained inexplicable materials, mixtures of chemicals that are not found on earth, or evidence of unearthly technology then I would have to change my mind. It would probably be the most exciting discovery of my life and I would want to start working full time to understand who these aliens are and what is going on.

James Basil’s "implant" is about 2x3 mm and dullish grey. Little can be discerned with the naked eye. After all, dullish grey metal could cover miniaturised alien technology - or more dullish grey metal. I have to say I was not sure how to proceed. I am a psychologist, not a chemist or physicist, and I would need the advice, help and expensive equipment of others if I was going to get anywhere.

I have often heard people arguing that scientists (yes all of them!) are closed minded, uninterested in mysteries, and determined to cover up the truth about the aliens. This description does not fit any of the many scientists I know, who are mostly fascinated by mysteries of all sorts and spend their lives trying to understand strange things. But I was still a bit nervous about asking for help. What would the "hard" scientists in our university say if I asked them to help analyse a putative alien implant?

However, I plucked up courage and sent out an e-mail to everyone in the Faculty of Applied Sciences asking for help. To my amazement, within one hour I had already had three replies offering help and advice, and by the next day I had more. Not a single respondent objected to my question or suggested that valuable university resources should not be used for such an investigation. Like me, the other scientists were apparently keen to find out what this object was.

Many suggestions were made, but the consensus seemed to be that we should not use any destructive method and the best approach would be to use use a light microscope first, then the scanning electron microscope and finally X-ray microanalysis to find out the elemental composition. So James and I went to visit Dave Patton, who routinely uses these instruments in his work with biologists and chemists.

First we examined the object through a stereo light microscope. This revealed irregular edges and a mass of surface detail and colour. Part of the surface was covered with yellow-brown material but we still gained no clue as to what it was. Then Dave Patton carefully fixed the object onto double-sided sellotape, mounted it on a SEM holder and put it into the scanning electron microscope. I had never seen a SEM in action before. The pictures were wonderful and we spent more than an hour just examining the surface at various magnifications. James was particularly interested in looking for fibres because of reported fibres on previous implants. We saw a fibre curling away from one edge and about 50 microns long, some fibrous looking surface structures, and many small (about 5 microns) roughly spherical objects. Dave said he could not be certain what any of these were but they looked, from his experience, as though they might be dried down organic matter, consistent with the thing having been in James’ mouth for some time. Nothing we saw looked like miniature technology or mechanical components, but then of course alien technology might be unrecognisable to human eyes.

The final step was therefore to use Energy Dispersive X-ray Microanalysis (EDX) to determine the object’s composition. Potentially this might reveal a combination of elements unlikely to be found on earth. This was performed using an "EDAX PV9100" system. The machine shows a series of peaks and troughs at different wavelengths and the set of lines to be expected from any element are known, so that we could look along the spectrum and try to identify each major peak. Going through it slowly I realised two things:- first how impressed I was with this apparatus that could tell us, with great accuracy, the elements in the top layer of this mysterious object, and second, how very excited I was about getting the answer.

We soon had the answer. Aside from a little calcium, silicon and chlorine there were just three main ingredients: Mercury 40%, Tin 30% and Silver 16%. Ignoring all the other elements these three amount to 47%, 35% and 18%. Dental amalgam varies considerably in its exact composition but is typically 50% mercury with the other 50% being silver and tin, in varying proportions.

The mystery was solved. The "implant" was really a filling. James was initially disappointed but very soon he said he was beginning to feel more relieved than anything else. He even compared the experience with the time he had been tested for epilepsy - and the tests were negative. Many people may be disappointed by this finding, but others may be similarly relieved. The main thing is that we now know what this "implant" was. I only hope that many other claimed implants will soon be put to the test. We may yet find a real one - though personally I have to say I doubt it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2013 06:34AM by Dick.
October 01, 2013 06:45AM
If we found that it contained inexplicable materials, mixtures of chemicals that are not found on earth, or evidence of unearthly technology then I would have to change my mind. - From Dick's 1997 link

Well I guess he had to change his mind.

From Sam's link:

A major development in Dr. Leir's research will be revealed for the first time in this Special Presentation. Dr. Leir and his surgical team, have performed 11 surgeries on alleged alien abductees, resulting in the removal of twelve separate and distinct objects suspected of being [alien implants]. These objects have been scientifically investigated by some of the most prestigious laboratories in the world including Los Alamos National Labs, New Mexico Tech, and the University of California at San Diego. Their findings have been baffling and some comparisons have been made to Meteorite Samples. In addition, some of the tests show isotopic ratios not of this world. He anticipates performing more surgeries in the future and is investigating the physiological and biological aspects of the abduction phenomenon. Dr. Leir is Board Certified in the following boards:The National College of Foot Surgeons The American Board of Podiatric Sports Medicine The American Board of Foot Surgery The American Circulatory Society and the Society for Non-Invasive Vascular Technology. He is licensed to practice in the states of California and Oregon and holds a certificate from the National Board of Podiatric Medicine.

Rest at [www.disclose.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2013 06:51AM by Hornswoggle.
October 01, 2013 11:38AM
Hornswoggle wrote: Well I guess he[sic] had to change his mind.

Why would you write that? The alleged "alien implant" that James Basil removed from his own mouth turned out to be a dental filling not an alien implant.

BTW, Dr. Roger Leir's complete wiki entry says:

"Roger K. Leir is a podiatrist and ufologist best known as an investigator of alien implants. Leir has appeared on TV and talk radio programs devoted to ufology.

"Leir says he's removed about a dozen implants from people's bodies and claims they are devices that "emit radio signals." Leir alleges that implants have moved by themselves during surgery as if to avoid removal. Leir says that laboratory testing of the implants imply they are of extraterrestrial origin.

"Skeptical investigator Joe Nickell says that the alleged implants appear to be ordinary objects such as shards of glass or fragments of metal that become lodged in arms, hands, legs and feet due to accidental falls or barefoot walking. Nickell says that Leir's associate Derrel Sims refused to cooperate when asked to provide a forensic medical institute with specimens or photos for analysis."

I'm not saying that Dr. Leir is mistaken much less that he's lying. I'm saying only that I don't see a reason to have a good deal of confidence in his research. Dr. Susan Blackmore, BTW, as indicated in the article that I linked, is familiar with Dr. Leir's work.
October 01, 2013 11:07PM
"Leir alleges that implants have moved by themselves during surgery as if to avoid removal. "

LOL!
October 01, 2013 11:22PM
That's funny to you? eye rolling smiley

Long Description of Sighting Report

Let me start off by saying Im an intelligent, logical person and after seeing this for the THIRD time in 5 years, Im left with zero explanation which really bothers me.

BACKGROUND
I have seen this occur 3 times. I will describe the last experience. The last time I saw these lights was this weekend, 9/29/2013 at 12:45am in Missouri.

DESCRIPTION
After coming home from a movie with my gf after midnight, I closed the door to the car and for some reason glanced up into the sky. Almost directly overhead i noticed a cluster of lights move VERY fast across the sky. They were in a loose triangle formation, but almost hard to see because the lights were faint.
My best description would be imagining 8-12 satellites moving across the sky about 5x normal speed. Whatever this object is could cover the distance of the entire sky in about 6 or 7 seconds. What bewilders me is that this appears to be in space, or at least an altitude of 60k feet or higher. (Imagine seeing the Pleides only twice the size, then zipping across the sky in 3 or 4 seconds on a flat trajectory. That is exactly what it looks like)

My initial reaction was probably a jaw drop and then i pointed and said, "look!". It was almost gone by then but my gf got scared and wanted to go inside. I did notice that when it fades away that it doesnt get closer to the horizon. it just stays on a flat trajectory and then fades from view. My initial thought was it was a cluster of stealth bombers (yes, that was my initial thought) because that was the ONLY thing that could have been low enough to move across the sky that fast and not have flashing lights or be heard. BUT, after research and asking friends, it seems stealth bombers are very LOUD and there was perfectly silent. After going over the experience in my head many times, it seems the lights were much too high for it to have been that. and although its hard to explain, there was just something too eerie and inhuman about it. Too fast, too quiet, no blinking lights, no hard shape.

My gf is also very intelligent, rational person and was really frightened after seeing it. After going inside, I wanted to confirm what we both saw, so I asked her to logically explain what it was and she had no answer. "Was is a satellite?" -NO. "Was it a jet?" -NO. "Was it a meteorite?" -NO.

SUMMARY
The other 2 experiences were nearly identical. Each time has been between 10pm-1am in the summer. Same light formation, same silence but extreme speed across the sky. Very unworldly. I hope to see it again if only with some more friends.

[mufoncms.com]
October 01, 2013 11:59PM
Here's what I want to know, Navy. I'm assuming you were in the Navy (don't remember if you've ever told us or not), but I know you were military of some sort. So here's my question - simple yes or no - did your military org ever discuss or supply materials or even so much as mention UFOs in any manner whatsoever? That could be anything from a seminar where they discuss or just a one line mention in some manual or something. Was there any official recognition whatsoever of UFOs?

By UFOs I mean Unidentified Flying Objects - not aliens from space.
October 03, 2013 10:00AM
"That's funny to you?" - PTTP

Yes. Some of the tidbits in that last UFO report gave me a chuckle as well.

"What bewilders me is that this appears to be in space, or at least an altitude of 60k feet or higher."

What bewilders me is that this appears to be 100 to 200 miles, or maybe thousands of miles up. Or maybe just 12.
October 04, 2013 08:50PM
Navy is obviously involved in the cover-up. smoking smiley
October 09, 2013 11:28AM
Three Former U.S. Air Force ICBM Launch Officers Speak Out About UFOs

Retired U.S. Air Force Major Gaylan W. King, who was a Minuteman launch officer at Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota, in the mid-1960s, told me during a taped telephone conversation,

"I think this happened in 1967 but it may well have been in '66. I was a Captain, a Missile [Combat] Crew Commander, with the 66th Strategic Missile Squadron. We experienced several cases of UFOs hovering over sites. Everyone knew that there were weird things going on.

The most interesting occurrence—of about 10 to 15—happened one night at another flight, Charlie. I was in the Echo capsule that night and heard what happened on the Primary Alert System. Following the security violation [alarms], both Outer and Inner, they sent out a Strike Team and received a visual report of a UFO hovering over a Launch Facility—I don't remember which one—with some kind of light beam coming down from the bottom of the UFO to the site. The team leader told the commander at Charlie that the object looked like a 'flying saucer' and the beam was described as reddish in color. The craft then took off at high speed.

This report went immediately up the chain [of command] to SAC Headquarters. Soon, black, unmarked Huey helicopters showed up at Ellsworth. They were constantly coming and going, from the base out to the countryside. You know, we had 150 missiles scattered around out there. Anyway, the Hueys were strategically stationed around the greater area of the 44th Strategic Missile Wing—I guess to get a look at the UFOs—which were very evident for three to four weeks.

The crews of those choppers came to the Officers Club but spoke to no one and disappeared as quickly as they appeared. They weren't Air Force; they were probably working for the CIA or NSA or some group like that. Short hair, dark clothes, kept to themselves. They were different and stuck out. They were all over the place. I'd love to know who they were.

As soon as they showed up, everything began to clamp down. We heard nothing about the results [of their investigations], but I spoke with some of the security Strike Team commanders, all NCOs, who actually saw the unidentified intruders. This scenario apparently happened at all or most of the Minuteman wings. We heard about that through the grapevine. I have no doubt what the objects were."

Other two UFO reports at [www.ufohastings.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!