Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Trump's legal team's very Trumpian response to the charges of impeachment
It is collection of Trump's tweets presented in legalese.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

And you wonder why we're christophobes..

And you wonder why we're christophobes..
May 02, 2013 08:09PM
The United States has failed to take action to mitigate climate change thanks in part to the large number of religious Americans who believe the world has a set expiration date.

[www.rawstory.com]

The apologist bitches and moans about aggressive atheists like Richiard Dawkins but the fact remains some christians are f*cking insane. And when insane people have a say in political agendas they are a thread to humanity. People like Richard Dawkins see this insanity and have to fight against it. And I'm glad he insults you and belittles you and berates you because frankly you deserve worse.

The article above is just a tip of the crazy iceberg. It is the driving force as to why there are so called militant atheists. While you f*cking nutjobs are worried about our souls, us atheists are worried about the children you abuse the scientific discoveries you stop us from making and the madness that is your doctrine of armegaddon which you happily embrace and wish for...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 08:38PM by Fascinated_foreigner.
Anonymous User
Re: And you wonder why we're christophobes..
May 02, 2013 08:37PM
I would think that a far bigger reason why the United States has failed to take action to mitigate climate change is because corporations, whose profits would be reduced by those corrective actions, own our government.
May 02, 2013 08:49PM
I agree. But it is people power that negate corporate influence. If humanity decideds to grow up and stop believing in a fairy land after death and realises this planet is all we have, we would not have this problem. Sure climate change will happen no matter what. but its greed and hope of armegaddon that has accelerates it. And I bet most fossil fuel magnates are jesusfreaks. They don't care because Genesis says they're allowed to rape the planet. And they don't want a solution because they'll be one with christ soon. Why give a f8ck about the survival of humanity. The afterlife and the glory of god is all that matters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 08:57PM by Fascinated_foreigner.
Anonymous User
May 02, 2013 09:22PM
The corporations find religious ignorance useful in preventing meaningful change vis a vis the environment and progress.
Anonymous User
May 02, 2013 09:35PM
And I bet most fossil fuel magnates are jesusfreaks. - ff

And I'll bet they're not. They're just greedy corporate capitalists. They may purport to be Christians, but the religion they really follow is Profitism.

Don't get me wrong - evangelical Christianity doesn't help. But the main driving force is Profitism. Profitism would be calling the shots regardless.
May 02, 2013 10:03PM
Again I agree Donna, but you ignore the study, evangelical christians WANT the world to end and climate change is their ticket. So they will support anything that will get them them as soon as possible. It's easier to fight corporation than jesusfreaks hell bent in wanting the world to end.
Anonymous User
May 02, 2013 10:17PM
“[T]he fact that such an overwhelming percentage of Republican citizens profess a belief in the Second Coming (76 percent in 2006, according to our sample) suggests that governmental attempts to curb greenhouse emissions would encounter stiff resistance even if every Democrat in the country wanted to curb them,” Barker and Bearce wrote in their study, which will be published in the June issue of Political Science Quarterly.

The study, based on data from the 2007 Cooperative Congressional Election Study, uncovered that belief in the “Second Coming” of Jesus reduced the probability of strongly supporting government action on climate change by 12 percent when controlling for a number of demographic and cultural factors. When the effects of party affiliation, political ideology, and media distrust were removed from the analysis, the belief in the “Second Coming” increased this effect by almost 20 percent.

Okay, I have 2 comments.

1. All Christians believe in the Second Coming. It's a basic tenet of Christianity. Christians have believed in the Second Coming since the time of Jesus.

2. As evidenced most clearly by the U.S. Congress' failure to bring a gun background check bill to a vote, notwithstanding the fact that 90% of Americans support background checks, public opinion doesn't matter anymore to Congress, at least not in the U.S. We no longer have a democracy on the national level. Corporations run everything now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 10:20PM by Donna Fritz.
May 04, 2013 08:11PM
So as the study claims donna, the majority of christians are looking forward to the end of the world. I find this scary. I find the repulsive. I blame this as just one reason as to why we have miltant atheism. And that why I support it. I want humanity to survive most christians dont care if humanity does. This fact should concern any human with rudimenatry intelligence.
Jun
May 07, 2013 07:39PM
[www.facebook.com]

A new study suggests that efforts to mitigate climate change in the USA have been met with such resistance for a pretty unbelievable reason - many citizens believe the second coming is imminent, so any efforts to improve the world are a waste of time.

Frighteningly, this belief has been uttered by legislators. In 2010 Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) stated that he opposed any and all action on climate change because “the Earth will end only when God declares it to be over.” He is the chairman of the Subcommittee on Environment and the Economy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

Anonymous User
May 08, 2013 12:09AM
So as the study claims donna, the majority of christians are looking forward to the end of the world. I find this scary. I find the repulsive. I blame this as just one reason as to why we have miltant atheism. And that why I support it. I want humanity to survive most christians dont care if humanity does. This fact should concern any human with rudimenatry intelligence.

I find this attitude in even many non-Christians. They want disaster to wipe out humankind. Its a death wish that is rather common. Thus these types will often actually want to pollute the world more and lead it to disaster.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2013 12:12AM
Jun
May 09, 2013 08:54PM
Greatest Anti-Religion speech? Christopher Hitchens -- Sums it up: [www.youtube.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

Sam
May 12, 2013 02:50AM
I'm with you, FF. There is great need for atheistic/secular militancy. Fight fire with fire! Maybe a happy medium will suffice for all but if secularists preach moderation, the settling point or meeting in the middle would still be too close to the religious culty side of the equation. It's already working! Hallelujah! Hope I live long enough to see an atheist POTUS. Finally a leader of the free world sans stupidstition!
Anonymous User
May 17, 2013 08:07AM
The average American's religious beliefs are as primitive as some Stone Age tribe in New Guinea Plus the fact that their level of understanding of their own religion is about of the level of a 4th grader
They are so fvcking stupid they are not even embarrassed
Sam
May 17, 2013 03:36PM
Agree wholeheartedly!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!