Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stunningly Powerful Anti-Obama Abortion Ad

Posted by pb 
pb
Stunningly Powerful Anti-Obama Abortion Ad
August 29, 2012 04:37PM
[www.politico.com]

------------------------------

"...this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth." -- the ONE, Billy Joe McAllister Day 2008
Re: Stunningly Powerful Anti-Obama Abortion Ad
August 29, 2012 05:11PM
So, I guess what my question is: how do you have a failed abortion? you give birth and they just toss it? I thought they killed it, before delivering the head. What she describes is being delivered and thrown away.
What she is saying about being denied constitutional rights...what does that mean exactly? She can't be a citizen, vote? That was not very clear.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2012 05:23PM
Old news, but good they're getting it out there. More people are abandoning the policy of apathy every day in America - the elitists themselves are giving them no choice, and accomplishing what the dutiful & honest couldn't alone.
pb
August 29, 2012 05:28PM
Shellie22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, I guess what my question is: how do you have a
> failed abortion? you give birth and they just toss
> it? I thought they killed it, before delivering
> the head. What she describes is being delivered
> and thrown away.
> What she is saying about being denied
> constitutional rights...what does that mean
> exactly?

Good question.

I think that a living person can't be allowed to die unless they sign a living will. This is a version of Dr. Kevorkianism.

"...this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth." -- the ONE, Billy Joe McAllister Day 2008
August 29, 2012 05:46PM
Depends on the procedure but sometimes the baby can come out still alive. If that's the case the abortionist will usually just cover it over and leave it in a room to die.
August 29, 2012 06:31PM
Speechless
August 29, 2012 09:09PM
Shellie don't listen to extremists. They cannot speak without spinning and/or lying. This is the lie of the pro-lifer. They take rare and morally outrageous procedures and spin them up as if that is the entirety of the abortion issue. They equate single cells with babies, as if birth control pills are the moral equivalent of stabbing a baby in the head. It has the effect of making the pro-choice crowd very defensive and resistant to even reasonable laws regarding the status of a fetus.

The so-called "partial birth abortion" is a political tactic which did not arise out of concern for a fetus or mother. It was developed as an alternative to chopping the fetus up into pieces, which is more dangerous to the mother's health (and more gruesome). Here: Separating Fact from Spin Another abortion method involves using chemicals to literally burn the fetus to death. Isn't that nice?

Babies left to die after a failed abortion? That may happen, and if so it is wrong. But the fact is, most states restrict abortion after a certain point. Here: Stats
My own state of Colorado is not on the list but I know it restricts abortion too. Who else is not on the list? Do try to find out in which states it would even be legal to attempt to abort a fetus post-viability.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche
pb
August 29, 2012 09:15PM
myce Wrote:
> Shellie don't listen to extremists. They cannot
> speak without spinning and/or lying. This is the
> lie of the pro-lifer. They take rare and morally
> outrageous procedures and spin them up as if that
> is the entirety of the abortion issue. They equate
> single cells with babies, as if birth control
> pills are the moral equivalent of stabbing a baby
> in the head. It has the effect of making the
> pro-choice crowd very defensive and resistant to
> even reasonable laws regarding the status of a
> fetus.
>
> The so-called "partial birth abortion" is a
> political tactic which did not arise out of
> concern for a fetus or mother. It was developed as
> an alternative to chopping the fetus up into
> pieces, which is more dangerous to the mother's
> health (and more gruesome). Here: Separating Fact
> from Spin Another abortion method involves using
> chemicals to literally burn the fetus to death.
> Isn't that nice?
>
> Babies left to die after a failed abortion? That
> may happen, and if so it is wrong. But the fact
> is, most states restrict abortion after a certain
> point. Here: Stats
> My own state of Colorado is not on the list but I
> know it restricts abortion too. Who else is not on
> the list? Do try to find out in which states it
> would even be legal to attempt to abort a fetus
> post-viability.

shel,

Note the advice not to listen to extremists.

You can ignore myce's post.

Dang, myce! Shot yourself in the foot with your first words.

August 29, 2012 09:37PM
The illegal abortion movement concentrates on "late-term abortion" because they think they can circumvent reason with emotional arguments and hysterical phrases like "Partial Birth Abortion" (a non-existent procedure).

What they really want to do is criminalize all abortion.

90% of abortions occur within the first few weeks of pregnancy. Anti-abortion fanatics have done all they can to make it difficult for women to obtain abortions early in pregnancy so they can accuse them of waiting too long to abort.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 05:45AM by linc.
pb
August 29, 2012 09:39PM
The ONE is a whacko on this issue and the ad makes that clear.

August 29, 2012 10:59PM
Pb please point out where I have indicated that I am an extremist.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche
pb
August 29, 2012 11:06PM
myce Wrote:
> Pb please point out where I have indicated that I
> am an extremist.

Well, for starters, in this strawmanized characterization of the 'pro-lifer.' Right. Each and every one of them...

...to a whacked out extremist, anyway.

This is the lie of the pro-lifer. They take rare and morally outrageous procedures and spin them up as if that is the entirety of the abortion issue. They equate single cells with babies, as if birth control pills are the moral equivalent of stabbing a baby in the head. It has the effect of making the pro-choice crowd very defensive and resistant to even reasonable laws regarding the status of a fetus.

August 29, 2012 11:28PM
Myce, thanks for presenting the actual facts and a much needed balanced side on this issue. thumbs up My wife's career was that of an RN (15 years working in the operating room), I showed her this thread and she was appalled at the blatantly deceptive misinformation of that ad---She agrees with you 100%.

Thanks again.thumbs up
August 29, 2012 11:49PM
A lie isn't only a false statement but is any attempt to deceive. That includes lies of omission, emotional manipulation, distortions, etc. Like this video. It isn't about abortion survivors. It's about campaigning against Obama. "Partial birth abortion" is not about calling out an inhumane procedure. It's about getting people like Shellie all worked up. The pro-lifer makes no moral distinction between embryo and fetus. Late term abortions are relatively rare but with the spin, it gives people a false impression.

I consider myself moderate on the abortion issue. I make a moral distinction between embryo, second-trimester fetus and third-trimester fetus. I have observed that even with laws that I would consider sensible, the pro-choice crowd gets upset because they believe it will undermine women's rights. And they are right to be defensive because the pro-lifer's agenda is ultimately to outlawing any abortion including day-after abortificients.

Friedrich Nietzsche
August 29, 2012 11:51PM
Thank you Islander.

Friedrich Nietzsche
August 30, 2012 03:44AM
"People like Shellie"?
August 30, 2012 04:43AM
Myce:
>My own state of Colorado is not on the list but I know it restricts abortion too. Who else is not on the list? Do try to find out in which states it would even be legal to attempt to abort a fetus post-viability<

Well I can tell you Mississippi will never go there. I won't say it's fact but I don't think we have any places to have an abortion in this state. I only see adds for MS residents based in Louisiana.

>It's about getting people like Shellie all worked up. The pro-lifer makes no moral distinction between embryo and fetus.<

I'm not a pro-lifer. I think after the heart starts beating, it's a human life. I think it's wrong but believe in the right to choose....
I was thinking about a doctor, delivering a "fetus" that was alive and what lack of conscience you would have to have to leave it to die. I am going to believe it probably has happened but it is rare.

Linc
>The illegal abortion movement concentrates on "late-term abortion" because they think they can circumvent reason with emotional arguments and hysterical phrases like "Partial Birth Abortion" (a non-existent procedure)<

I saw a pamplet on this AT Planned Parenthood. Of course this was in 1995, but it described the procedure and I assure you "partial birth abortion" was an accurate description of what it entailed.

I think the problem is neither side of the argument wants to give even an inch. But then again, that is the American way...never come to an actual decision or change anything in our laws.

TheQuestion I really want answered is:
What is this bill she's talking about that Obama voted against four times?????

***********************************************************************************************************************************
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." – Thomas Jefferson (1781)

"As to the Christian system of faith, it appears to me as a species of Atheism — a sort of religious denial of God." Thomas Paine
Anonymous User
August 30, 2012 05:15AM
What we're dealing with is the anti-American way: decrees from elitists. Nobody acting in good faith on behalf of the American people has ever advocated any of the mess; and we see how those who follow the "elites" are consistently opposed to the foundational documents of America and the ideals embodied therein.
August 30, 2012 09:42AM
Quote:
Myce: It's about getting people like Shellie all worked up. The pro-lifer makes no moral distinction between embryo and fetus.<

Shellie: I'm not a pro-lifer. I think after the heart starts beating, it's a human life. I think it's wrong but believe in the right to choose....
I was thinking about a doctor, delivering a "fetus" that was alive and what lack of conscience you would have to have to leave it to die. I am going to believe it probably has happened but it is rare.

Shellie I did not mean to imply that you are. What I meant to say is that while a moderate may see shades of grey and make moral distinctions between them, extremists (on either side) do not. A late-term abortion is ugly and violent no matter what. IMO it is quite different than an early-term chemical or surgical abortion. The pro-lifer shows us something ugly so that people will equate abortion with images of late term abortions. The more confusion, the better. It is hard to get to the truth when extremists are spinning. As for conscience... are you surprised at how easily people's hearts can turn hard?

Question: Why does the heart beat make one a human being? Do you know when the fetal heart begins to beat?

Friedrich Nietzsche
Anonymous User
August 30, 2012 10:55AM
How does location make an human being not an human being?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum