Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Rep. Val Demings of Florida for Vice President.
She would be a double first. Watch the ex-police chief rip Trump as a "habitual offender".
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wisdom in an unlikely place

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Wisdom in an unlikely place
June 11, 2012 10:59PM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You assert quite a bit about me." -CTDasshole
>
> Just following your lead.
>
> "I oppose that which contradicts reality."
> -CTDasshole
>
> So based on all your tireless research and
> investigation and without contradicting reality,
> which came first... the Earth or the sun?
>
> (HINT: There's a really obvious correct answer)

Like me or any REAL Christian does, CTD of course believes that the Earth came first, self-evidently. eye rolling smiley

FAIL SCIENCE!

- LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT BELIEVE IN LÜGENPRESSE!!! HAIL TRUMP!!! OUR MESSIAH, THE SECOND COMING OF LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

God took the trouble to sacrificed Himself to Himself to circumvent a rule He Himself made, because He loves us. But unappreciative Atheists chooses to reject God because they like to sin and like to be immoral despite of all that God has done for them! INGRATES! angry smiley

tongue sticking out smiley COME STUDY THE BIBLE WITH ME @ [www.selectsmart.com] !!! thumbs up

angry smiley Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley MASTURBATORS (AKA WANKERS) ARE HOMOS TOO!!! : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley God given human rights does not apply to AtheistsTM and Homos. : [www.selectsmart.com]
June 11, 2012 11:11PM
That's a bold statement, LOL. At least you are brave enough to admit that's what you believe.

If only CTD wasn't too cowardly to admit that's what he believes, if in fact it is. I'm not exactly sure what it is he's afraid of.

Anonymous User
June 11, 2012 11:12PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> "You assert quite a bit about me." -CTDasshole
>
> Just following your lead.
>
> "I oppose that which contradicts reality."
> -CTDasshole
>
>

[www.selectsmart.com]

According to whom? Those who presuppose God nonexistent claim to believe a fantasy about an "accretion disk".

Those who investigate the past without presupposing, who DISCOVER rather than imagine, who Verify and Reconcile rather than dismissing scientific law and observation, shall, if they proceed carefully and honestly conclude the historic records are correct regarding origins.

It is a lie to claim the answer is obvious. Few details of past events are obvious - ACTUAL rather than IMAGINED past events, that it. Now it is obvious one might place faith in someone and simply take their word...

If anyone thinks they have an element of scofferdom for which a logically compelling case can be made, they just MIGHT start a thread and attempt to present such a case. No element withstands scrutiny.

I have no obligation to discuss 10,000 scoffer contentions in a thread which already has another topic.
Anonymous User
June 11, 2012 11:19PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> That's a bold statement, LOL. At least you are
> brave enough to admit that's what you believe.
>
> If only CTD wasn't too cowardly to admit that's
> what he believes, if in fact it is. I'm not
> exactly sure what it is he's afraid of.

I'm not the one with secret beliefs.

[www.selectsmart.com]

I'm not the one carefully and strictly adhering to every detail of an elaborate plan while denying it

[www.selectsmart.com]
June 11, 2012 11:22PM
>

"According to whom?" -CTDasshole

According to reality. Which answer would you oppose for contradicting reality?

Simple question. Simple answer.

June 11, 2012 11:24PM
> If only CTD wasn't too cowardly to admit that's
> what he believes, if in fact it is. I'm not
> exactly sure what it is he's afraid of.

"I'm not the one with secret beliefs." -CTDasshole

Well, whether you believe the Earth came before the sun and all other stars and galaxies in the universe is a pretty secret belief you are loathe to reveal.

Anonymous User
June 11, 2012 11:49PM
Bishop Butler
And indeed though one were to allow any confused undetermined sense, which people please to put upon the word natural, it would be a shortness of thought scarce credible to imagine, that no system or course of things can be so, but only what we see at present; especially whilst the probability of a future life or the natural immortality of the soul, is admitted upon the evidence of reason; because this is really both admitting and denying at once, a state of being different from the present to be natural. But the only distinct meaning of the word is stated fixed or settled since what is natural as much requires and presupposes an intelligent agent to render it so that is to effect it continually or at stated times as what is supernatural or miraculous does to effect it for once.

Is it not astonishing, that which we witness? That anyone might maintain the soul or an angel is above God's laws? "Supernatural" = above nature.

So what's the real objection? Is it not actually that a cryptogoddess of Materialism, deceitfully called "Nature" is in play? That to be above HER is the "sin"? Surely the scoffer does not refer to the same thing as the God-fearing when he says 'nature'. The God-fearing refer to God's handiwork; whereas the scoffer refers to stuff that somehow or another, magically poofed itself into being, in retroactive compliance with scoffers' desperate wishes and dreams, as a necessary event, in order to preclude things from actually being right or wrong, good or evil, true or false.
June 11, 2012 11:56PM
I'm not talking about how the Earth and sun came about. You're obfuscating. I asked you which you believe came first... the Earth or the sun and stars?

Are you not entertained, Dear Readers, by CTD's floundering around hemming and hawing over answering this simple question? What does he believe?

June 12, 2012 01:54AM

islander Wrote:
> When describing the physical universe (which is
> the purpose of science),

The purpose you choose to recognize. Science is the systematic pursuit of knowledge. Contrast with the systematic avoidance of knowledge known as Atheismâ„¢. ---CTD

LOL! I know you're just a troll but some of the stuff you say is truly hilarious and I can't help but responding! grinning smiley

"Science is the systematic pursuit of knowledge (knowledge of what?)." LOL!

Of course it's the systematic pursuit of knowledge, but it's the systematic pursuit of knowledge of the physical universe! And, as you said, that's something "I" recognize, don't you? It's not the systematic pursuit of knowledge about economics, history, the humanities, or art, etc! winking smiley

Pssst! Here's a quiz for ya CTD.

"Theology", describes the pursuit of knowledge about what:

A. The physical universe

B. God

C. None of the above

So, what d' ya think, do you really have 'any idea whatsoever' about what it is that we're talking about here?eye popping smiley

Be honest! winking smiley
Anonymous User
June 12, 2012 02:17AM
Asserting a restriction is not the same as justifying one.

Is there some outside chance I needed to explain that?
Anonymous User
June 12, 2012 06:15AM
me
The capacity to speak Japanese - real or imaginary?

Clearly we observe some have it and some lack it. Those lacking it may obtain it, even.

I posted that in another thread. Shortly after, I am curious how the scoffers might go about objecting to relevant miracles reported in scripture.

How is such an event to be classified "supernatural"? What idolatrous version of any "natural law" is violated, seeing as such laws (we're told) can only pertain to matter or energy? (They neglect to mention fields.)
June 12, 2012 04:38PM
You're right, CTD. Angels and souls aren't supernatural. They're not natural either. They're imaginary.

============================================================================

*Sanders 2016*

"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through"
Anonymous User
June 12, 2012 07:35PM
Was not magnetism "supernatural" by any subjective standard which was attempts to appear sincere?

Should it or should it not have been investigated?
June 12, 2012 07:39PM
Magnetism appeared supernatural, until it was understood.

Magnetism is also an observable phenomenon, unlike souls or angels. Magnetism has a basis in reality.

*Sanders 2016*

Anonymous User
June 12, 2012 07:44PM
You other cheerleaders, care to come drag your fellow off the field? That's a painful-lookin' self-inflicted injury there.
June 12, 2012 08:07PM
You're the only one here who appears injured. How's this:

Electro-magnetism is a natural force in the universe; the effects of magnetism were observed, magnetism was studied, became understood - not supernatural, never was, though it may have had the appearance of being supernatural. It is, of course, very natural.

Neither souls, nor angels, have ever been observed. Neither have any effect on observable reality. One may attribute something one cannot explain to the work of an "angel", but if "supernatural" is an atheist euphemism for writing off the unexplained, so then is "angel" for Christians; the difference being, an atheist does not write off the supernatural, as a Christian would an "angel" sent by god to make something happen, but instead, seeks to naturally explain what appears "supernatural".

*Sanders 2016*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 09:03PM by sardonicadonis.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2012 09:09PM
Someone help sard quick!

Can't you see?

If you don't all chime in and confirm the credibility, people'll just read what he wrote & evaluate it for themselves.

If one cheerleader can't be troubled to support another, what's Atheismâ„¢ coming to?
June 12, 2012 09:14PM
CTD writes,

Those who investigate the past without presupposing, who DISCOVER rather than imagine, who Verify and Reconcile rather than dismissing scientific law and observation, shall, if they proceed carefully and honestly conclude the historic records are correct regarding origins.

That's a huge amount of verbiage to avoid answering the simple question:

Which came first, the Earth or the stars?
June 12, 2012 09:31PM
'Someone help sard quick!

Can't you see?

If you don't all chime in and confirm the credibility, people'll just read what he wrote & evaluate it for themselves.

If one cheerleader can't be troubled to support another, what's Atheismâ„¢ coming to?"
-CTDasshole

I'd just like to take this opportunity to highlight the near total lack of ANYONE sharing or supporting the majority of ridiculous, blithering idiocy that CTD has spewed onto this forum since his appearance.

Anonymous User
June 15, 2012 08:56AM

WHY GOD IS BLESSING CHINA – BUT JUDGING AMERICA!

by Dr. R. L. Hymers, Jr.

A sermon preached at the Baptist Tabernacle of Los Angeles
Lord’s Day Evening, September 11, 2011

“A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven”
(John 3:27).

David Aikman is a former Time magazine Beijing bureau chief, author, journalist and foreign policy consultant. He has spent more than two decades reporting from more than fifty countries, including several years reporting from the People’s Republic of China. Aikman has written a book titled, Jesus in Beijing (Regnery Publishing, Inc., 2003). This book tells how Christianity is transforming China and changing the global balance of power. The first chapter is titled, “Jesus Comes to Beijing.” It begins with Aikman quoting a Chinese scholar from one of China’s main research institutes, the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, located in the city of Beijing. Here is what that Chinese professor, in Communist China, said to a group of American tourists in 2002. It is an astonishing statement, because it shows how open many scholars are to Christianity in this Communist country. The Chinese professor said,

One of the things we were asked to look into was what accounted for the success, in fact, the pre-eminence of the West all over the world…We studied everything we could from the historical, political, economic and cultural perspective. At first, we thought it was because you [in the United States] had more powerful guns than we had. Then we thought it was because you had a better political system. Next we focused on your economic system. But in the past twenty years, we have realized that the heart of your culture is your religion: Christianity. That is why the West has been so powerful. The Christian moral foundation of [your] social and cultural life was what made possible the emergence of capitalism and then the successful transformation to democratic politics. We don’t have any doubt about this (David Aikman, Jesus in Beijing, Regnery, 2003, p. 5).

“We realized that the heart of your [American] culture is your religion: Christianity. That is why the West has been so powerful…We don’t have any doubt about this.” That statement is from a leading professor in Social Science in Communist China. Try to get a liberal college professor in an American university to agree with him that Christianity is the root-cause of our success in America! You would be hooted down and booed by almost any secular college professor in America. And yet this Communist Chinese professor in a Communist-state-run research institution saw what most American scholars do not see – that Christianity has been the root of our success as a nation.

[www.rlhymersjr.com]

Christianity has been the basis not only of American liberty, but of much more. The liars who distort history have blocked our children from learning many things, but there are other ways of learning history beyond 10th grade history class.

It is simply impossible to seriously imagine what life would be like without the contributions of the God-fearing - if you know even a fraction of who-did-what.

The motives behind science (as anything more than an individual fluke endeavour) - the systems of corresponding and repeating and hashing out results - all from "Natural Theology".

Now it's true that atheists took over. That process itself is worthy of some study. He who is curious would do well to begin with the "X Club" - not making it up, not at all. One might pay attention also to the pace. As soon as the Christians are driven out of a field, everything becomes stagnant; dogma reigns and cannot be challenged. Rather than truth, pride is the factor, and few dare challenge the "bigshot" priests.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!