Bookmark and Share  
Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Join Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?

Posted by Jun 
Jun
Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 23, 2012 10:32AM
http://actforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/aisha_8_vs_muhammad_54_excellent_example_33-21.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^ᴥ^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?39,file=184,filename=happy_sm.jpghttp://s01.flagcounter.com/count/e2f7/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=237,filename=421010_189305777842520_100002892985858_260456_284077042_n.jpghttp://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=239,filename=th_JesusIsWatchingYouMasturbate.jpg
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 23, 2012 07:58PM
No more so than the bible should ...



So, yes.

============================================================================

Tax the rich & raise minimum wage.
pb
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 23, 2012 10:10PM
I love it how you self-proclaimedly tolerant people are so in favor of silencing that which you find uncomfortable.

You are an oxymoron, there sardo. More moron than oxy, though.
Jun
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 05:23AM
Wanting to ban/censor the pedophiles-supporting, hateful, or the discriminatory bits within superstitious religious books is NOT being intolerant; just like wanting to punish people with violent aggressive behavior and locking them up in cages by our state laws.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^ᴥ^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?39,file=184,filename=happy_sm.jpghttp://s01.flagcounter.com/count/e2f7/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=237,filename=421010_189305777842520_100002892985858_260456_284077042_n.jpghttp://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=239,filename=th_JesusIsWatchingYouMasturbate.jpg
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 08:07AM
pb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love it how you self-proclaimedly tolerant
> people are so in favor of silencing that which you
> find uncomfortable.
>
> You are an oxymoron, there sardo. More moron than
> oxy, though.


And you call me humorless? That was a joke, friend. Obviously neither should be banned. Get a sense of humor. smileys with beer

============================================================================

Tax the rich & raise minimum wage.
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 12:57PM
Well I didn't find it funny and I'm a professional comedian as far as you know.
pb
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 06:04PM
Jun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wanting to ban/censor the pedophiles-supporting,
> hateful, or the discriminatory bits within
> superstitious religious books is NOT being
> intolerant; just like wanting to punish people
> with violent aggressive behavior and locking them
> up in cages by our state laws.

Wanting to silence thought is what is intolerant. That you'd think that suppressing thought is an answer to anything says tons, there, wade.
pb
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 06:04PM
sardonicadonis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pb Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I love it how you self-proclaimedly tolerant
> > people are so in favor of silencing that which
> you
> > find uncomfortable.
> >
> > You are an oxymoron, there sardo. More moron
> than
> > oxy, though.
>
>
> And you call me humorless? That was a joke,
> friend. Obviously neither should be banned. Get a
> sense of humor. smileys with beer

You first!
Jun
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 06:12PM
pb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jun Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wanting to ban/censor the
> pedophiles-supporting,
> > hateful, or the discriminatory bits within
> > superstitious religious books is NOT being
> > intolerant; just like wanting to punish people
> > with violent aggressive behavior and locking
> them
> > up in cages by our state laws.
>
> Wanting to silence thought is what is intolerant.
> That you'd think that suppressing thought is an
> answer to anything says tons, there, wade.


Hyperbole Pb, thought you of all would know one when you see one.
But I do advocate the inclusion of disclaimer warning negatively against such pedophile advocating contents to be imposed upon the printing of these so-called holey books as I had previously bitched about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^ᴥ^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?39,file=184,filename=happy_sm.jpghttp://s01.flagcounter.com/count/e2f7/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=237,filename=421010_189305777842520_100002892985858_260456_284077042_n.jpghttp://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=239,filename=th_JesusIsWatchingYouMasturbate.jpg
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 24, 2012 11:15PM
George___ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I didn't find it funny and I'm a professional
> comedian as far as you know.


And I don't find pb's homophobia funny either, but he continues to insist he's only joking.

Hmmmm...

============================================================================

Tax the rich & raise minimum wage.
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 06:00PM
If you do a simple search in Google, you'd find that round the world, girls married whilst they're very young, in ancient times, even as late as medieval times. I checked out the practices in both the East and the West. Girls were married off in their early teens, and sometimes before, if they attained puberty early. And they were married off to fully grown men older than 30 years often.

So, before you raise arms against Mohammed, try to understand the social mileu in which he functioned - don't judge him based on 21st century standards.

I do not condone child marriage and I FEEL for kids in those days who had to bear kids themselves in their teens, but if that was the social norm, you can't judge people from that age based on the present age standards.

Maddie
Jun
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 08:06PM
However, Islam promotes that its adherent live just as Mohammed did. And it also demonstrates how horny that pervy old pig was back in those days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^ᴥ^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?39,file=184,filename=happy_sm.jpghttp://s01.flagcounter.com/count/e2f7/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=237,filename=421010_189305777842520_100002892985858_260456_284077042_n.jpghttp://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=239,filename=th_JesusIsWatchingYouMasturbate.jpg
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 08:12PM
Jun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, Islam promotes that its adherent live
> just as Mohammed did. And it also demonstrates how
> horny that pervy old pig was back in those days.

If you must slam a religion and a religious leader respected by many across the world, provide actual proof of what he's supposed to have done, with verses from the Quran or something credible instead of making vague remarks.

And what's this sentence supposed to mean? However, Islam promotes that its adherent live just as Mohammed did. Insert some grammar into this statement and let me see if I understand what you're trying to say.

Maddie
Sam
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 09:12PM
That sentence is perfectly grammatically correct in English. Maddie, Are you a muslim, too? Just asking because that would be 3 religions you believe are true to my count...so far. Or do you just defend all crazy cults because you belong to one of them? How can it all be true, MadOne?!
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 09:34PM
Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That sentence is perfectly grammatically correct
> in English. Maddie, Are you a muslim, too? Just
> asking because that would be 3 religions you
> believe are true to my count...so far. Or do you
> just defend all crazy cults because you belong to
> one of them? How can it all be true, MadOne?!

On re-reading it, I understood it, though not a perfectly constructed sentence. Oh well.

So, if anyone passes a positive opinion on a religion, you immediately think that person is a follower of that religion? Are you just plain stupid or naive...or both? If I say good things about my lesbian or homosexual friends, does it mean I am a practising lesbian?

News flash for Sam: I have opinions on practically everything under the sun - both negative and positive. I air them too, in private and public. And I can remain detached from a topic I am talking about. I can make objective remarks.

Maddie
Sam
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 10:20PM
But you don't remain detached. You jumped right on Indy! for mistaking your JesusKrishna for a girl, lol!
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 26, 2012 10:24PM
Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But you don't remain detached. You jumped right on
> Indy! for mistaking your JesusKrishna for a girl,
> lol!

Calling Indy gay was jumping on him? I was cracking a joke and Indy! understood it, I think.

Maddie
Sam
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 27, 2012 02:41AM
Does your Krishsus say homosexuality is A-OK? Are the xians who say God Hates Fags REAL xians or not? Beware (be aware) of lying down with dogs and waking with fleas. You and they are all alike. Some of you just have bigger mouths and smaller brains.
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 27, 2012 06:38AM
Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does your Krishsus say homosexuality is A-OK? Are
> the xians who say God Hates Fags REAL xians or
> not? Beware (be aware) of lying down with dogs and
> waking with fleas. You and they are all alike.
> Some of you just have bigger mouths and smaller
> brains.

What are you smoking there? Make some sense and maybe I will respond to you. Mad woman!

Maddie
Jun
Re: Should the Koran be banned as obscene literature?
April 27, 2012 01:48PM
madmadmadonna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jun Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > However, Islam promotes that its adherent live
> > just as Mohammed did. And it also demonstrates
> how
> > horny that pervy old pig was back in those
> days.
>
> If you must slam a religion and a religious leader
> respected by many across the world, provide actual
> proof of what he's supposed to have done, with
> verses from the Quran or something credible
> instead of making vague remarks.

See the opening thread. Those verses ARE there.

> And what's this sentence supposed to mean?
> However, Islam promotes that its adherent live
> just as Mohammed did. Insert some grammar into
> this statement and let me see if I understand what
> you're trying to say.

I'm surprise that you couldn't make out what I'm trying to say regardless of my poor grammar. English isn't my first language, and it looked ok to me, can't correct it any better sorry.

Maddie do you believe that all superstitious religions are equally and intrinsically good simply because they are worshiped by many? What about Scientology? Do you think this is a superstition worthy of respect?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^ᴥ^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?39,file=184,filename=happy_sm.jpghttp://s01.flagcounter.com/count/e2f7/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=237,filename=421010_189305777842520_100002892985858_260456_284077042_n.jpghttp://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/file.php?33,file=239,filename=th_JesusIsWatchingYouMasturbate.jpg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login


This forum powered by Phorum