Bookmark and Share  
Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Join Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Anonymous User
Gary Heseltine presentation: UFOs and the police
January 29, 2012 04:56AM
Gary Heseltine´s presentation "UFOs and the police" was filmed in Denmark, Odense on November 1, 2011, and this is the first time ever you will see a full presentation with Gary Heseltine on the Internet. Gary Heseltine has been active police officer in England the last 20 years and working daily with gathering evidence that can stand on it´s own legs before a judge, and he is therefore very interesting for the UFO community as UFO researcher, because he knows what evidence is. This is a very important presentation.

Gary Heseltine presentation: UFOs and the police
Sam
Re: Gary Heseltine presentation: UFOs and the police
January 29, 2012 05:18AM
Can't wait to watch this but don't have time right now...Hope it's not removed as spam!!!!
January 29, 2012 04:18PM
It seems legit, Sam. Fear not.

http://imgdump.novarata.net/image.php?di=WN26
Sam
January 29, 2012 05:02PM
January 29, 2012 11:14PM
"The UFO community." eye rolling smiley
Sam
January 30, 2012 01:54AM
Just go with it, linc. As a famous grinning cat once said, "We're all mad here."
January 30, 2012 02:18AM
Maybe. But some are definitely madder than others.
Sam
January 30, 2012 03:20AM
Sam
January 30, 2012 06:51AM
I'm still curious, Rod, what would it take for you to believe that those of us who have seen a ufo and/or have had other close encounters are not mad or hallucinating or whatever else you think it is? IOW, what evidence would convince you that ETs are real or whose word would you believe? President Obama? Seriously, is there anything that would make you believe WE ARE NOT ALONE? Watch this video and then please tell me why you don't believe what's being reported time and time again...Is this mass hysteria? What is your theory?
January 30, 2012 09:40AM
"The UFO community." eye rolling smiley - linc

Sep 25, 2010

Former U.S. Air Force officers and a former enlisted man are about to break many years of silence about an alarming series of UFO encounters at nuclear weapons sites -- incidents officially kept secret for decades.

When the group appears at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Monday, it will offer testimony about events so chilling, it will seem like a day at a science fiction movie festival.

To put you in the mood for the stories that will soon unfold, we're presenting one here, involving former Air Force Capt. Robert Salas, one of the hosts of the Washington event.

Salas, co-author of "Faded Giant" (BookSurge Publishing), was a first lieutenant in 1967, serving as a missile-launch officer while stationed at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana.

On March 16, 1967, Salas was 60 feet below ground working a 24-hour shift monitoring a launch-control center outfitted with 10 nuclear Minuteman missiles.

"I got a call from the topside guard, telling me they were watching some strange lights flying around in the sky, making odd maneuvers. They didn't think they were airplanes because they were going very fast, turning on a dime and not making a bit of noise," Salas told AOL News.

"A few minutes later, he called back, this time screaming into the phone, scared to death, and he said, 'Sir, I'm looking out my front window and there is a glowing red oval-shaped object hovering right above the front gate, and I've got all the guards out here with their weapons drawn.' "

The guard told Salas the UFO was approximately 30 to 40 feet in diameter with a very bright, pulsating light.

When the guard asked what they should do next, Salas' immediate response was that they had to do whatever was necessary to protect the nuclear missile area, "so basically, I was giving them permission to use whatever force they needed to use to keep anything out."

As Salas started to inform his duty partner and commander about what was going on 60 feet above them, something chilling happened.

"All of a sudden, we started getting bells and whistles going off. As we looked at the display board in front of us, sure enough, the missiles began going into an unlaunchable, or no-go, mode. They couldn't be launched -- it went from green to red.

"We also had a couple of security violations, meaning there were lights indicating some kind of intrusion at the missile sites, where the missiles were actually located, about a mile or two away from the launch control facility."

Salas said they immediately performed a system checklist to see what was wrong and to determine how it was possible that 10 nuclear missiles could suddenly be deactivated.

"We were getting mostly guidance and control systems failure, and when I called the guard again, he told me the UFO just left and took off at high speed. So I ordered the guards to go out to the missile sites, and while they were out there, they saw the object again at one of the launch facilities.

"It scared them to death again, and they actually lost radio contact while they were near the object and then they returned to the base. I later learned they never returned to security guard duty."

Salas said it was extraordinary that they lost so many missiles at the same time. Isolated mishaps had made a single missile go "unlaunchable," but never 10 at once. And never 10 at once during a UFO sighting.

As a result of the incident, the missiles had to be fixed to get them all back into launch mode.

Interesting aftermath to the story: Salas returned to the base and was ordered to report to his squadron commander where he also met with a member of the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, or AFOSI. Salas first asked if what they had just been through was some sort of Air Force exercise, and says he was told "absolutely not."

"After we told them our recollection of the incident, the AFOSI captain wanted us to sign papers, saying we'd never talk about this and swear we wouldn't even talk to our wives or any of the other airmen on the base -- nobody.

Rest of story at [www.aolnews.com]

Related reading: UFOs Visited Nuclear Weapons Sites, Former Air Force Officers Say [www.aolnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 09:46AM by PowerToThePeople.
January 30, 2012 10:35AM
Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm still curious, Rod, what would it take for you
> to believe that those of us who have seen a ufo
> and/or have had other close encounters are not mad
> or hallucinating or whatever else you think it is?
> IOW, what evidence would convince you that ETs are
> real or whose word would you believe? President
> Obama? Seriously, is there anything that would
> make you believe WE ARE NOT ALONE? Watch this
> video and then please tell me why you don't
> believe what's being reported time and time
> again...Is this mass hysteria? What is your
> theory?

I don't believe we are alone. At least, not alone in the universe. I do think that life on earth is pretty well isolated from whatever other life is out there though.

My theory? People have seen ufos. Definitely, ufos exist. But none of these ufos, or extremely few of them if any, are vehicles that have brought intelligent life zooming hundreds or thousands of light years across the universe to some rural spot in Oklahoma to spy on human activity for a few minutes or a few hours before zooming onward or backward or to one of PTTP's other dimensions or wherever.

You know, at one time people use to consider the sun and planets (and other celestial sightings) to be gods. And don't just shake your head and smile at that as if it's silly. That actually made about as much sense 30,000 years ago as any other theory did. Later, people attributed some such sightings to witches. Now we attribute them to intelligent aliens.

I doubt that it's all that uncommon for people to see and hear and to probably touch and taste things, as well, that they've never sensed before. And almost always those folks' brains will provide them with an explanation for what that unidentifiable sight or sound or taste is. That's what brains do. And almost always that explanation will be shaped by current culture.

Thousands of years ago you could have experienced the exact same thing you experienced on that night back in the 1970s(?) but you almost certainly wouldn't have attributed it to aliens from other planets. You would have attributed to gods or to some other supernatural being.

Centuries ago, you would have attributed it to a witch, probably or to something like that. Now you attribute it to alien life.

Hundreds or thousands of years from now, probably after we make contact with actual alien life, it'll be something else. And those people in the future will look back on stories of ufo sightings today and believe that such sightings really weren't attributable to alien life but instead were actually instances of whatever they popularly attribute such sightings to at that future time.
Sam
January 30, 2012 04:57PM
I agree with everything you said but you still didn't answer the question: What kind of evidence would convince YOU that some of the ufos being reported are extraterrestrial in nature? You did say "very few, if any" are ET. So you do believe some ufos might be ET? I agree how unlikely it is and that most reports could be explained as something else, probably even brain farts, even mine. Do you think you would feel the same level of skepticism if YOU had an experience similar to those of trained observers like pilots, astronauts, military intelligence, police, etc. who report that what they saw and experienced was something definitely not of this earth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 05:08PM by Sam.
January 30, 2012 07:48PM
I watched Heseltine's presentation on police officers' UFO reports last night. Interesting stuff, except he's a bit long-winded and not a very captivating speaker.
Sam
January 30, 2012 07:50PM
Agree. I just watched the first hour so far...I watch all this kind of stuff I can because it makes me feel like I'm in good, honest, respectable company and not just a wacko from the backwoods of Oklahoma having some brain problems, lol...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 07:54PM by Sam.
January 31, 2012 01:03AM
But he could be honest and respectable and you could be a wacko from the backwoods of Oklahoma having some brain problems! Nothing contrary about those two hypotheses. lol

Honest and respectable people make perspective errors everyday just like you wackos do, sam. jk

Seriously, I'm not saying that everyone who has spotted what they considered to be a ufo is a loony. I'm not even saying that most of them are or even that 10% of them are.

I'm just saying that there is no reason for me to believe that any of them, not even you, actually saw visitors from another planet. Most likely they saw something they could not identify and their brains filled in the missing gaps to complete the "probably aliens" explanation. Same thing used to happen with gods and witches. In fact, the same thing continues to happen with some people in regard to gods even today. People see things they don't understand or witness some coincidence and their minds tell them, "That was no coincidence, that was God!"

Look at this video:

What would someone who was a couple of miles away from this who was driving around in the country who didn't know it was a team of parachutists with flares think about this?

They might think it was a meteor or plane crash debris -- until the "debris" suddenly came to almost a stop, then began to float sideways, then, seemingly, back up into the air, and then sideways again. I can almost guarantee you those people, if normal, would believe that they had just witnessed an alien aircraft in action.

[www.youtube.com]

What about this? (More night jumpers.)

[www.youtube.com]

Or this? (parachute flare that just hovers in the air for about 45 secs before going out.)

[www.youtube.com]

Or this? (more military-style flares.)

[www.youtube.com]

The thing about the night sky is that there is seldom a way to compare some object you see with anything else in order to get a good sense of the object's size or its distance away from you. Swarms of fireflies have been mistaken for ufos. So have dense flocks of birds (who are capable of some pretty amazing aeronautical gymnastics). Reflections in the air (aka, mirages) don't just happen in the day. They happen at night too. I won't even get into the top secret military technology that surely accounts for some of the sightings. This just touches the tip of the iceberg. There are weather balloons up there and all kinds of satellites and space debris and you name it. Sprites have been known to follow aircraft. Even clouds, occasionally, form into odd but realistically-looking formations.

Plus, if all these sightings or even some of them really are of aliens, why haven't any of these other-worldly visitors unmistakenly contacted us? If they have the technology to travel light years across space then surely to god they have us pretty seriously out-gunned. Why haven't any of them landed in Times Square or on the White House lawn or inside the Kremlin or in Tiananmen Square or next to the Eiffel Tower or near Big Ben? Why do they all hover around for a few seconds or minutes or hours in the sky and then disappear without a word? Is life in the universe really so common and widespread that some intelligent creatures capable of at least rudimentary communication (i.e., us) don't even rate a "Hello! How y'all doin'?" from our extraterrestrial visitors???
Sam
January 31, 2012 01:43AM
You mean why haven't these other-worldly visitors unmistakenly contacted YOU? Lol, who knows?!! Seriously though, I know the vast majority of reports can be explained away. I wonder all the same things you do about why "they" haven't made "themselves" known if they are real and are here. Some surmise they have and are making themselves known. Some say there's a cover up. Some say they are purposely making themselves known very slowly and sparingly so as to desensitize us over many generations to their presence to avoid worldwide panic. Some even say that all the other seemingly inexplicable phenomena such as ghosts, esp, even bigfoot are related to alien infestation! Theories certainly abound. So are all those questions you asked supposed to be the answer to my question about what evidence would convince you they are real and here? A landing in Time Square or some other well-known place (as opposed to rural or less known places)? What if they are real and are here but do not want contact per se? How can we know what their agenda would be? I will watch your videos if you watch the one in post #1 above.
January 31, 2012 02:30AM
Sam wrote: You mean why haven't these other-worldly visitors unmistakenly contacted YOU?

No. I don't mean that any more than you mean "Why hasn't god contacted me?" when you reject the god hypothesis.

I mean why haven't aliens unmistakenly contacted US? Seeing lights hover or move erratically in the distance hardly constitutes contact from an alien civilization. lol

Sam wrote: I will watch your videos if you watch the one in post #1 above.

Ain't gonna happen. Life is too short for me to waste 2 and 1/2 hours of it watching a ufos-are-real or a god-exists-and-here's-proof video. In comparision my videos, btw, are about a minute in length.

FWIW I did listen to the first few minutes of Hesseltine's(?) presentation. I heard him report that he got interested in this subject in the first place because of an incident that happened to him when he was 15. FIFTEEN! Even his own parents dismissed his story. There didn't seem to be any corroborating evidence, either, even though the alleged incident took place in a city . . . . hmm. He says he was too naive at the time (1975) to bother looking for newspaper accounts about the incident the next day. Wonder what's stopping him from going back now to check out newspaper accounts of that time period? 1975 is not centuries ago. Should be in newspaper archives if such reports ever existed.

Sorry to hear that you spend a lot of time reading and following this stuff, but I suppose it beats reading the bible everyday and watching televangelists (even if just barely).
January 31, 2012 02:32AM
MINIMAL AND HIGHLY ABBREVIATED LIST OF THINGS MISTAKEN FOR UFOs

Many people are surprised to learn that virtually 90% of all UFO reports can be and have been explained. The major argument seems to be over whether the remaining 10% is "noise" or "signal". Herewith, a list of things which have been the primary cause of UFO reports in the past. It's a list that any investigator should be aware of when studying a particular report. It was compiled by Donald Menzel, a noted debunker of the 50s and 60s, who characterized this list as "minimal and highly abbreviated". (From "UFOs: A Scientific Debate", Sagan and Page, eds. consisting of papers presented at a symposium sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, held in Boston on Dec. 26-27, 1969, ISBN 0-393-00739-1)

A. MATERIAL OBJECTS

1. Upper Atmosphere

meteors
satellite reentry
rocket firings
ionosphere experiments
sky-hook balloons (discontinued)

2. Lower Atmosphere

planes
reflection of sun
running lights
landing lights
weather balloons
luminous
nonluminous
clusters
clouds
contrails
blimps
advertising
illuminated
bubbles
sewage disposal
soap bubbles
military test craft
military experiments
magnesium flares
birds migrating
flocks
individual
luminous

3. Very Low Atmosphere

paper and other debris
kites
leaves
spider webs
insects
swarms
moths
luminous
(electrical discharge)
seeds
milkweed, etc.
feathers
parachutes
fireworks

4. On or Near Ground

dust devils
power lines
transformers
elevated streetlights
insulators
reflections from windows
water tanks
lightning rods
TV antennas
weathervanes
automobile headlights
lakes and ponds
beacon lights
lighthouses
tumbleweeds
icebergs
domed roofs
radar antennas
radio astronomy antennas
insect swarms
fires
oil refineries
cigarettes tossed away

B. IMMATERIAL OBJECTS

1. Upper Atmosphere

auroral phenomena
noctilucent clouds

2. Lower Atmosphere

reflections of searchlights
lightning
streak
chain
sheet
plasma phenomena
ball lightning
St. Elmo's Fire
parhelia
sundogs
parselene
moondogs
reflections from fog and mist
haloes
pilot's halo
ghost of the Brocken
mirages
superior
inferior

C. ASTRONOMICAL

planets
stars
artificial satellites
sun
moon
meteors
comets

D. PHYSIOLOGICAL

after images
sun
moon
reflections from bright sources
electric lights
street lights
flashlights
matches
(smoker lighting pipe)
autokinesis
stars unsteady
stars changing places
falling leaf effect
autostasis
eye defects
astigmatisms
myopia
failure to wear glasses
reflection from glasses
entoptic phenomena
retinal defects
vitreous humor

E PSYCHOLOGICAL

hallucination

F COMBINATIONS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS

G PHOTOGRAPHIC RECORDS

development defects
internal camera reflections

H RADAR

anomalous refraction
scattering
ghost images
angels
birds
insects
multiple reflections

I HOAXES

[www.cufon.org]
Sam
January 31, 2012 02:55AM
I didn't say I spend a lot of time on this stuff. And, wow, you still haven't answered the question! OK, never mind. I certainly understand where you are coming from and your hesitancy to say what it would take for you to be a believer. Btw, I've never said I'm a believer either. I'm just interested in the subject matter since I had a personal experience that I can't easily (as you do) explain away. It's intriguing and since I have enough time to come here, I do have enough time to read about and see all kinds of other things out there on many different subjects but this is one of my favorites. Plus I want it to be true!! It would even explain god belief! But alien infestation IS most likely bunk, I agree. To be fair, though, your characterization of reports as being nothing but hovering or erratically moving lights is a bit disingenuous. There are reports with far stranger and more compelling details than that. I for one want to know what's happening to people (me included)! Don't you or are you just content to dismiss it all as superstitious silliness?
January 31, 2012 06:33AM
Sam wrote: And, wow, you still haven't answered the question!

To believe that we've been contacted by an alien civilization I'd only need evidence to that effect. Nothing special. Same thing in regard to proving the existence of God. I don't need anything special, just evidence. And not "special" evidence, either. Just plain old-fashioned good solid evidence.

What I don't count as good solid evidence of contact from an alien civilization is someone's seeing something in the sky that they cannot identify. I guess I'm just funny that way.

I for one want to know what's happening to people (me included)! Don't you or are you just content to dismiss it all as superstitious silliness?

Jeez, Sam, you're the psychologist here! Read the literature. smiling smiley No one sees ANYTHING they can't identify, at least not for long, you know that. Our brains will not allow it. Give us just a smidgen of sensory data, it doesn't take much, and we'll construct something tangible out of it. People see things they don't immediately recognize in the night sky and two seconds later -- boom! -- there it is . . . a flying saucer!

BTW, the "flying saucer" thing is interesting. It comes from a report turned in by the, I think, Air Force pilot(?) in 1947 that began all the ufo craze. It's interesting because he described the shape of the ufos that he saw as crescent shaped. He went on to say that the ufos were skipping through the air like a rock or a saucer over a lake. The newspaper reports got it wrong and reported that he said the ufos were saucer shaped.

Funny, but ever since then most ufo sightings have mimicked that original mistaken newspaper article and reported disk or saucer shaped ufos. Just shows you some of the psychology at work here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Map IP Address