Forum Index Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post in these forums: Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Do you believe that Israelites did not wear out their garments in forty years while wandering in the wilderness?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Quote:
“Your garments did not wear out on you, 
nor did your foot swell these forty years.” –Deuteronomy 8:4

“Forty years You sustained them in the wilderness;
They lacked nothing,
Their clothes did not wear out
And their foot did not swell.” – Nehemiah 9:21

The old movie (The Ten commandments) reminded us when Moses brought out the Israelites from their bondage in Egypt to receive the Law of God (The Ten Commandments) at Mount Sinai.

In Exodus, 600,000 men were recorded but I conjecture that there were 2.5M people including children and women who went out from Egypt.

It tells us also that the LORD gave favor to the Israelites and the Egyptians gave them articles of gold, articles of silver, and clothing.

Here is an overwhelming, God told us that their garments did not wear out for forty years although they received clothing’s from the Egyptians but it did not last in the wilderness.

Is it possible that the texture of the fabrics were more durable before than today? I do not think so... Those passages above are examples of literal interpretation of what the Bible really means to say to us.

On their forty years in the wilderness, they did not have Nordstrom, Macy’s, JC Penney, and perhaps swap meat to buy used clothes but by the miraculous power of God – He let their clothes not to wear out and their foot did not swell.

If we acknowledge Genesis 1:1 – that God created the heavens and the earth, then extending the durability of their clothing for forty years is always possible for Him.

There is a passage again that it means literally,
“With men it is impossible but with God all things are possible.”

God bless.

Believer with a broken heart
LOL! drinking smiley

Come on Christians, even you have gotta admit that this is just plain retarded.
I mean, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

Jun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL! drinking smiley
>
> Come on Christians, even you have gotta admit that
> this is just plain retarded.
> I mean, right?

It is not Jun as you make your assertion. God plainly said to us that with men it is impossible but with God all things are possible.

He is a big God, Jun that you can depend, trust, and puth your faith in Him. You will never regret in your life time when you make a decision that you have never done before.

God bless.

Believer with a broken heart.
linc Wrote:
> It's a miracle.
>
> [i150.photobucket.com]
> evangelist.jpg

It looks like his finger is pointing to us...saying accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. I did and you did too! The question is; are you still promoting Alan Watts or Jesus Christ? Remember the Lord said: "You cannot server two master." Either you love the other one and hate the other one.

God bless.

I don't idolize Alan Watts the way you do your fundamentalist preachers. Watts is truer to the message of Jesus than the Born-Again cult is.
are you still promoting Alan Watts or Jesus Christ? - Believer

Are you still promoting your pastor or Jesus Christ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 08:52PM by PowerToThePeople.
linc Wrote:
> I don't idolize Alan Watts the way you do your
> fundamentalist preachers. Watts is truer to the
> message of Jesus than the Born-Again cult is.

I disagree 100%. He is not a true representation of Jesus Christ. I believe that he is not a born again Christian. Why I say that? His writings are contrary to the Scriptures period

God bless.

PowerToThePeople Wrote:
> are you still promoting Alan Watts or Jesus
> Christ? - Believer
>
> Are you still promoting your pastor or Jesus
> Christ?

My Lord and Savior is only Jesus Christ.

I am quoting the writings of Dr. Vernon McGee in other topic (Something to think About) not promoting him as my lord. If you will hear his teachings, it is all in line with the word of God. If you see false teachings about him, you might address to ttb.org and they will be very glad to see what you are complaining. I believe that I did not see any false teachings with this man. I heard his messages several times and it is encouraging because it is the truth. It is convicting because the word of God is living and powerful.

God bless.

Believer wwith a broken heart
They spent 40 years wandering around a tiny little desert? Some divine leadership they had!
Ant Wrote:
> They spent 40 years wandering around a tiny little
> desert? Some divine leadership they had!

Because of their unbelief. God taught them humility. Please see this topic: [www.selectsmart.com]

God bless.

More miraculous than the indestructibility of their clothing, how were hundreds of thousands of people fed and watered wandering in a desert for 40 years? Is there any mention in the Bible addressing that little item of logistical import?

"Because of their unbelief. God taught them humility." -Believer

A lesson they needed to be taught again under German rule in Europe during the middle of the last century I suppose?

More miraculous than the indestructibility of their clothing, how were hundreds of thousands of people fed and watered wandering in a desert for 40 years? Is there any mention in the Bible addressing that little item of logistical import? - Ponderer

It was called manna.
From Exodus 16:

31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

32 And Moses said, This is the thing which Jehovah hath commanded, Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread wherewith I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.

33 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omerful of manna therein, and lay it up before Jehovah, to be kept throughout your generations.

34 As Jehovah commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.

35 And the children of Israel did eat the manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat the manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.
Forget about their clothes, their food, and of course, how they could wander a tiny area for 40 years-- there is absolutely no archeological evidence of any Jewish culture in Egypt in ancient times.

The entire Exodus myth is just that, a myth. Jewish tribes were never in Egypt, and in fact were not even a unified "people" until hundreds of years later-- the story is a mere tale promoting Jewish nationalism by using a legendary empire as an example of a mighty power they wish they had defeated.

Through history various people have placed themselves in the role of the minority who overthrew a great power, and pretended that the story of Exodus is about their people-- Afro-centrism among american blacks or the Worldwide Church of God among whites have each appropriated the story and imagine it is about their own ancestors. But it never literally happened to anyone. It's a myth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 11:15PM by linc.
PowerToThePeople Wrote:
> More miraculous than the indestructibility of
> their clothing, how were hundreds of thousands of
> people fed and watered wandering in a desert for
> 40 years? Is there any mention in the Bible
> addressing that little item of logistical import?
> - Ponderer
>
> It was called manna.

Yes, their food came from heaven which is "manna." They gathered every morning outside their tents to get this manna according to the measure of thier household. At the six day, they gathered twice as they did for daily food because they cannot get out on the seventh day to observe the Sabbath day.

Interestingly enough, that Jesus came and told us that He is the Bread of life. Jesus said, I am the Bread of Life. He told them that the manna came from heaven is for your nourishment everyday but the manna that came from heaven is here but you keep on ignoring Him. Jesus was speaking to the religious leaders in His time (Pharisees, Sadduccess, and Scribes).

God bless.

Scene from a café at an oasis somewhere on the Sinai Peninsula about 900 BC...

Israelite Man: You sit here, dear.

Wife: All right.

Man: Morning!

Moses: Morning!

Wife: Well, what've you got?

Moses: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and manna; egg bacon and manna; egg bacon sausage and manna; manna bacon sausage and manna; manna egg manna manna bacon and manna; manna sausage manna manna bacon manna tomato and manna;

Angels: Manna manna manna manna...

Moses: ...manna manna egg and manna; manna manna manna manna manna manna baked beans manna manna manna...

Angels: Manna! Lovely manna! Lovely manna!

Moses: ...or lobster thermidor, a crevette with a mornay sauce served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and manna.

Wife: Have you got anything without manna?

Moses: Well, there's manna egg sausage and manna. That's not got much manna in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY manna!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon manna and sausage?

Wife: That's got manna in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much manna in it as manna egg sausage and manna, has it?

Angels: Manna manna manna manna... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon manna and sausage without the manna then?

Moses: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like manna!

Angels: Lovely manna! Wonderful manna!

Moses: Shut up!

Angels: Lovely manna! Wonderful manna!

Moses: Shut up! (Angels stop) Bloody angels! You can't have egg bacon manna and sausage without the manna.

Wife: I don't like manna!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your manna. I love it. I'm having manna manna manna manna manna manna manna baked beans manna manna manna and manna!

Angels: Manna manna manna manna. Lovely manna! Wonderful manna!

Moses: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her manna instead of the baked beans then?

Moses: You mean manna manna manna manna manna manna ... (but it is too late and the angels drown her words)

Angels: (Singing elaborately...) Manna manna manna manna. Lovely manna! Wonderful manna! Manna man-n-n-n-na manna man-n-n-n-na manna. Lovely manna! Lovely manna! Lovely manna! Lovely manna! Lovely manna! Manna manna manna manna!

VIDEO at [www.youtube.com]
No beverage...?

Ponderer Wrote:
> No beverage...?

None. They have problem of getting water and it was amazing that God provided all their needs. Read the five books of Moses and you will be encouraged because these were the chosen people of God but they did not believe God and He chastised them of their unbelief. Please see a background of the Torah: [www.selectsmart.com]

God bless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 11:44PM by Believer.
Believer Wrote:
> Interestingly enough, that Jesus came and told us
> that He is the Bread of life. Jesus said, I am the
> Bread of Life. He told them that the manna came
> from heaven is for your nourishment everyday but
> the manna that came from heaven is here but you
> keep on ignoring Him. Jesus was speaking to the
> religious leaders in His time (Pharisees,
> Sadduccess, and Scribes).

I've heard of a church in America where God will occasionally fill people's Bibles with manna, always on the page that contains that verse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum