Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ancient Aliens

Ancient Aliens
August 21, 2010 09:43PM
Watch a doco on the history channel recently that was a beautiful propanda piece on evidence of alien vistitations throughout history. The doco covered everything out of place artifacts crop circles, mutilated dometicated animals Nazca lines ancient Summerian text Biblical text Crytal skulls etc. The vast majority of all the doco could be refuted however there are some crazy prehistoric and medicivial art that still leaves me scratching my head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 03:34AM by Fascinated_foreigner.
Sam
Re: Ancient Aliens
August 21, 2010 09:54PM
I love all the ancient alien stuff but lumping all that is inexplicable into a One cause is as bad as Religion...still much more fascinating to imagine aliens than gods...
August 21, 2010 11:20PM
Erich Von Dannekin is clearly still alive and well.

Actually what's interesting is that there are a few indigenous tribes that have tales of extraterrestrial visitation. Not impossible.

Most of the stuff though that gets passed around about this stuff though is rubbish. History channel has a lot of kooky stuff on it. I saw a show that was talking about maybe chinese ships reached the coast of america first and the guy looking for it was using a flag and some string to 'divine its wherabouts' through his 'divination techniques.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
August 22, 2010 02:36AM
Sad to see the History Channel has sunk to this. I used to call it the Hitler Channel due to all the WWII footage, but I unplugged my cable because it's a time waster.
August 22, 2010 07:07PM
The history channel is owned by general electric one of the biggest arms profiteers, which is why they have so much propaganda. Gotta feed the war mentality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 23, 2010 12:09AM
Watch a doco on the history channel recently that was a beautiful propanda piece on evidence of alien vistitations throughout history. The doco covered everything out of place artifacts crop circles, mutilated dometicated animals Nazca lines ancient Summerian text Biblical text Crytal skulls etc. The vast majority of all the doco could be refuted however there are some crazy prehistoric and medicivial art that still

And that's the last that was ever heard from the poster known as Fascinated foreigner. Many have speculated that he was beamed aboard a Pleiadian spaceship, while others theorize that he was disintegrated by an Andromedan super-plasmatic laser.
August 23, 2010 05:10AM
LOL
I'm baaaack. Those anal probes hurt like hell PTTP.

Let me be clear I was big into this when I was a kid, this stuff contributed to the losing of my religion but as an adult I found there were rational explaniations for majority of evidence provided for the so called ancient alien hypothesis.

However as I've mentioned some of the prehistoric medivial art an artificats are strange and hard to explain..

e.g.the cave paintings from Val Camonica, Italy which date c.10,000 BC .

This six thousand year old little guy found in Kiev

Or 1485 Crivelli painting.

Or "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino"

This is one of the most freaky paintings...

At the very least you can say these artists had fantastic imagination. They put Jules Verne to shame.
August 23, 2010 04:17PM
"At the very least you can say these artists had fantastic imagination. They put Jules Verne to shame." Ff

IF... the artists were intending to communicate what many are so quick with our modern presuppositions to assume they are intending to communicate. Namely extraterrestrial visitations. And not just angels or spirits or gods.

August 23, 2010 08:52PM
Cool pictures regardless.

August 24, 2010 11:45AM
Agreed Ponderer, I found out the medieval artworks I posted do represent angels or angels in clouds (1st and 2nd painting) or anthropomorphic representations of the moon and sun (third painting), still they don't look like regular angel or clouds to me. And you have to have a great imagination to come up with the idea of a little man inside the moon and sun driving it. Though I guess they stole that concept from the greeks i.e. the sun being apollo riding in his golden chariot.
August 24, 2010 07:34PM
Ok now how do you explain this: 7:00

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 09:53AM by Kairos.
August 24, 2010 08:00PM
Why does seven o'clock need explaining?
August 24, 2010 09:33PM
Don't forget the 900-3000 year old pictographs and petroglyphs of Utah. The first one below is in Sego Canyon ... I drove far back into it one night and finally just collapsed into the back of the truck in exhaustion ... when I woke up, these were on the wall right above my truck:

DANGIT! There's another that is a rocket ... like, seriously, like if your kid drew a rocket with flame coming out the bottom, it's just like it. I've seen it .,.. think I have pics somewhere, but can't find it online ...
August 24, 2010 10:10PM
Perhaps the "God of Abraham", angels, demons, giants, etc. are/were actually extraterrestrial beings. That would explain alot of things in the Hebrew Bible.

Perhaps they're our ancestors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2010 10:12PM by PowerToThePeople.
August 25, 2010 05:40AM
Pttp That's what the doco was suggesting. Using Summerian and Genesis text some of the proponents of the ancient alien hypothesis claim
homo sapien was created by these "gods" by splicing homo erectus and alien DNA. The story goes that these "gods" were looking for natural resources, especially gold and used homo sapien they created as slaves to mine the gold. Why gold? It's a great conductor of electricity, resistant to corrosion and oxidation, disspates heat effectively as well as de-ice effective. In other words it's a nifty little metal to use for spacecraft communication equipment and computers.
Yeah I know... it's one hell of science fiction story.

Paleo we have some similar cave painting in Western Australia. The images are those of the Wondjina rain and wind spirits

Could the explanation for the similarity and prevelence of these cave paintings be that it's part of the jungian collective unconscious or maybe....
August 25, 2010 05:53AM
TBH most of this seems pretty sane compared to the Spaghetti Monster.
August 25, 2010 06:07AM
Yeah Georgie they're also pretty sane compared to that genciodal maniac YHWH.
August 25, 2010 08:13AM
I take it you don't believe in the Spaghetti Monster, FF? How do you feel about the atheists that do? Must be a bit embarrassing for you, hey?
August 25, 2010 09:55AM
Paleo, your bottom pic looks like ET.

PTTP: Sorry about the lack of a link with the 7:00, its fixed now. Enjoy smoking smiley

August 25, 2010 07:09PM
It's interesting that the small necks and heads with oversized eyes appear on both the Australian and American ancient art.

I'm not sure if Ancient Aliens is a series or a single show, but I watched the one a few weeks ago on Egypt and on the Mayan temples ... What I got from it was alot of fascinating stuff about these cultures, very loosely tied in with the possibility of aliens. It was, "How did they do this? Could it be that aliens ...?" Sure, aliens or Jesus or whatever -- but the "how did they do this?" was the compelling part. They were highlighting some of the precision cuts in the stone, and then showing it to modern stone masons who say they'd have a hard time making such cuts with machine cutting tools, let alone without them. They also showed some of the stone drill cores that were used in Egypt, and saying that it would require something like 5000 rpm for these things to work ... Pretty compelling questions, to say the least.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!