Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth" (Matthew 6:19)

Posted by Lamb of Our Lord 
August 09, 2010 10:05PM
17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. 20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.(Mark 10:17-25)

But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort." (Luke 6:24)

"You Cannot Serve God And Money" (Matthew 6:24)

The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?" Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." ( Matthew 19:20)

So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." (Luke 12:21)

How many of us are WILLING to give out our savings and substantial portion of our wages that is used for our own selfish hedonistic pleasures (TV, movies, good expensive restaurant food) knowing that people who lives in extreme poverty exists in this world? Is the (incorrect) rationalisation that "Jesus did not say that it applies for everyone" valid and is a good enough excuse for us to turn a blind eye to the excessively poor?

For Atheists, it is understandable, since they don't have morals, but if you are aiming to go to heaven, doing every single thing to maximize your chance to pass through the pearly gates is the only sensible thing to do as Henry had argued.

Knowing that countless of people are still starving and living in extreme poverty, to remain unwilling to give up all that savings and excess earnings (and not trusting that God would be the provider in times of need) would be a clear sign of attachment to material wealth no matter how you might rationalize against the virtue of "selflessly helping as many poor people as you can". That one thing that stands between you and God and no matter what excuses you use, fact is you are UNwilling to give up any substantial fraction of your material wealth.

God Bless thumbs up

------------------

Other bible-studies with LOL:
(Dogs and Sorcerers have no place in heaven.) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Sick people should repent!) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Preserving the seed of Lot) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Judah and Onan) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Poop Facial) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Infidel Atheists and Idolaters sucks) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Woman should not interfer with macho manfights) [www.selectsmart.com]
(All the fat is the Lord's) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Know thy place...Women!) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Handicapped people suck.) [www.selectsmart.com]
(The Great Sin of Wealth Accumulation) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Its a Miracle!) [www.selectsmart.com]
(Wet dreamers should not come back before sun down) [www.selectsmart.com]

Let the infinite wisdom of the Bible speaks for itself! thumbs up

- LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT BELIEVE IN LÜGENPRESSE!!! HAIL TRUMP!!! OUR MESSIAH, THE SECOND COMING OF LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

God took the trouble to sacrificed Himself to Himself to circumvent a rule He Himself made, because He loves us. But unappreciative Atheists chooses to reject God because they like to sin and like to be immoral despite of all that God has done for them! INGRATES! angry smiley

tongue sticking out smiley COME STUDY THE BIBLE WITH ME @ [www.selectsmart.com] !!! thumbs up

angry smiley Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley MASTURBATORS (AKA WANKERS) ARE HOMOS TOO!!! : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley God given human rights does not apply to AtheistsTM and Homos. : [www.selectsmart.com]
If atheists are so lacking in morals, why are so many of them so much more moral than many Christians?
Re: "do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth" (Matthew 6:19)
August 09, 2010 10:31PM
They do not accept God. That IS immorality.

- LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT BELIEVE IN LÜGENPRESSE!!! HAIL TRUMP!!! OUR MESSIAH, THE SECOND COMING OF LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

God took the trouble to sacrificed Himself to Himself to circumvent a rule He Himself made, because He loves us. But unappreciative Atheists chooses to reject God because they like to sin and like to be immoral despite of all that God has done for them! INGRATES! angry smiley

tongue sticking out smiley COME STUDY THE BIBLE WITH ME @ [www.selectsmart.com] !!! thumbs up

angry smiley Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley MASTURBATORS (AKA WANKERS) ARE HOMOS TOO!!! : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley God given human rights does not apply to AtheistsTM and Homos. : [www.selectsmart.com]
August 10, 2010 09:59PM
I'm just going to avoid responding to this thread.

God Bless. thumbs up

Pitt

------------------------------------------------------

But do you understand what the New York Times wants, and the far-left want? They want to break down the white, Christian, male power structure, which you're a part, and so am I, and they want to bring in millions of foreign nationals to basically break down the structure that we have. In that regard, Pat Buchanan is right. So I say you've got to cap with a number. - Bill O'Reilly thumbs up
August 10, 2010 10:05PM
That one thing that stands between you and God and no matter what excuses you use, fact is you are UNwilling to give up any substantial fraction of your material wealth. - LooL

Hear hear!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!