Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What Requires more faith? Atheism or Christianity?thumbs up

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What Requires more faith? Atheism or Christianity?thumbs up
August 05, 2010 09:59PM
Quote from unknown writer:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Miracles

Definition: An event or action that apparently contradicts known scientific laws.”

Miracles Christians Believe in:

1. A Supernatural God exists (supernatural is defined as existing outside man’s known laws of nature).

2. This Supernatural God has the ability to create the Universe (all energy and matter) from nothing.

3. This Supernatural God has the ability to create life.

4. This Supernatural God has the ability to create an orderly Universe.

Miracles Atheists Believe in:

1. Matter and energy created itself from nothing (violating the First Law of Thermodynamics).

2. Life originated from non-life (violating the Law of Biogenesis).

3. The Universe began as disorder (the Big Bang) and became orderly over time (violating the Second Law of Thermodynamics).

Both Christians and Atheists have faith in Miracles!

What Requires more faith? Atheism or Christianity?

Where do you place your faith?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It appears that the writer has a background in thermodynamics and biogenesis.

God bless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 10:12PM by Believer.
pb
Re: What Requires more faith? Atheism or Christianity?thumbs up
August 05, 2010 10:16PM
It's all a leap of faith, believer, all of it. God and His ways aren't rational to the fallen human mind. Check out Romans 3.
August 05, 2010 10:25PM
Actually science hasn't concluded any of those things.

Please stop bearing false witness, Believer.
August 05, 2010 10:31PM
Christianity unless you believe the existence of Jesus is apparent or self-evident.

Common sense should tell you that when you look and see nothing it takes more faith to believe that there is really something there that you just can't see than it does to believe that there is nothing there.
Jun
August 05, 2010 10:44PM
Believer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote from unknown writer:
> __________________________________________________

> Miracles Atheists Believe in:
>
> 1. Matter and energy created itself from nothing
> (violating the First Law of Thermodynamics).

Atheists do not believe this.

> 2. Life originated from non-life (violating the
> Law of Biogenesis).

LOL!

> 3. The Universe began as disorder (the Big Bang)
> and became orderly over time (violating the Second
> Law of Thermodynamics).

Huh? He obviously do not understand the concept of entropy and was just pulling crap out of his ass.

> It appears that the writer has a background in
> thermodynamics and biogenesis.

"Appears" being the operative word here. In reality, the writer have actually exposed him/herself as ignorant with regards to our current accumulated Scientific knowledge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

Anonymous User
August 05, 2010 10:48PM
pb,

Thanks for Romans 3. Excellent reminderthumbs up

God bless
August 06, 2010 05:02AM
It's just astounding the ignorance shown by theists when it comes to basic scientific priniciples.

It's also just as astounding the inability of theists to comprehend the fact that atheism is about having no faith.

God and his ways are irrational and absurd to the evolved human mind
August 06, 2010 05:11AM
Obviously, a primeval atom or singularity at the heart of the Big Bang, where all forces are unified and and perfectly symmetrical, is more orderly than what we have now, which is myriad clumps of matter strewn over billions of light years with forces in conflict with other forces in patterns of dizzying complexity, none of which can be elegantly described with a simple set of equations. This is like saying a field of rubble is "more orderly " than a single perfectly smooth sphere.

Of course these analogies go completely over Believer's little pin head.

Supernatural creator gods don't answer anything, they just give believers an excuse to stop asking questions. At least science can solve problems in the real world and show practical results. God, the devil, salvation and damnation are mere phantoms restricted to the murky world of the imagination.
Anonymous User
August 07, 2010 12:29AM
Obviously, a primeval atom or singularity at the heart of the Big Bang, where all forces are unified and and perfectly symmetrical, is more orderly than what we have now, which is myriad clumps of matter strewn over billions of light years with forces in conflict with other forces in patterns of dizzying complexity, none of which can be elegantly described with a simple set of equations. This is like saying a field of rubble is "more orderly " than a single perfectly smooth sphere –linc

Answer: You have very convincing and persuasive words but can you prove it? Let me give you a fact that has been discovered, it can be repeated million times and even quadrillion times, and this is science. Are you familiar with the Ohms Law where I = E/R. Here I can simulate in the laboratory and perform series of experiments with different variables of voltages and resistances and I can prove that Ohms Law is a science and it is proven using monitoring devices for measuring voltages, currents and resistances such as voltmeter, current meter and resistance meter.

Can you duplicate evolution theory by performing series of experiments in the laboratory environment to prove that evolution is a science NOT theory?

Of course these analogies go completely over Believer's little pin head.- linc.

Answer: It is very interesting comment “little pin head.” Well you are entitle to your own opinion about me but my concern is what the opinion of God about me is…

Supernatural creator gods don't answer anything, they just give believers an excuse to stop asking questions. At least science can solve problems in the real world and show practical results. God, the devil, salvation and damnation are mere phantoms restricted to the murky world of the imagination-linc.

Answer: God answers everything. All the sciences that we discovered He knew it already because He created the Universe, which we are staying right now (Genesis 1:1). You might not aware of it but God knows everything that we are still looking solutions some of the problems in sciences that we do not know or we did not discover yet. Do you know that scientists (Christians and non-Christians) gave them the capability to think for His own glory and His own purposes? I believe 100% because He is the Creator God – Jesus Christ of human beings (Genesis 1:26).

God knows that we will rebel and disobey Him because that is our nature we inherited from Adam and Eve in the beginning. When they ate the tree of knowledge of good and evil that God forbid them not to eat…that’s the start of chaos in this world which is propagated through the history of men, and that is why we do sin and evil activities.

Pride is a sin. If we keep on rejecting God, then He will reject us also. We think that we know better than God does but our finite minds are geared through pride and selfish motives and this is the reason that some of you cannot come to God because of pride in yourself.

Repent and turn to God the way of salvation that He can provide through his Son Jesus Christ.

God bless.
August 07, 2010 07:33PM
Believer, you're so ignorant and confused on so many levels I don't feel like giving you a long-winded primer on modern science. But briefly, evolution can be experimentally observed in the genetic makeup of animals in multiple generations. Evolution by natural selection is accepted by all the world's biologists; Creationism is no more accepted than alchemy or astrology. You fail to distinguish between the Big Bang and the evolution of species-- those are two different questions-- but the modern sceintific conception of these processes isn't chanllenged by supernaturalism.

Events that happened in the distant past, or happen over eons, can't be exprerimentally replicated in the laboratory, but that is not the only way to "prove" something scientifically-- if it were we wouldn't know how stars and planets form, about plate tektonics or even about most of human history. Believer, you are truly a very simple minded person; you repeat discredited funamentalist tropes as though they should be taken seriously by non-cultists. Fundamentalism has no effect on scientific thinking, it is ignored and laughed at-- so why do you bother?
Anonymous User
August 07, 2010 08:06PM
Religious people like Believer simply cannot help but frame everything else in religious terms, even when they don't apply.

Atheism doesn't take "faith" because it's not a matter of "belief". I don't have to have faith that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy. It's not an opinion or guess that I've aligned myself with or putting my faith in. It's simply a fact that no tooth fairy exists. I suppose it's possible that despite the evidence, a tooth fairy could exist somehow somewhere, but faith doesn't enter the picture. Facts, logic and reason do, which is why those who believe in supernatural deities have such a hard time with the concept of atheism.
Anonymous User
August 10, 2010 01:38AM
Religious people like Believer simply cannot help but frame everything else in religious terms, even when they don't apply-Ant.

I am not a religious person. I used to be religious before but it did not work for me because it was a "legalistic relationship." Christianity is the opposite of religion. Christianity is a personal and loving relationship with the Creator - God through His Son - Jesus Christ. Religion is invented by men to reach the infinite God by their own religious rituals and to promote their belief system.

Our finite mindsets are not capable of reaching God by our own rituals, our own efforts and good works. It just don't work that way and it cannot be done. This is the reason that God the Father sent His Son - Jesus Christ to planet earth to become a Man just like us. He touches us and to show His attributes and His ways.

He came to die on that cross that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Can you see the difference between religious and relationship?

God bless.
Anonymous User
August 10, 2010 08:01PM
Your relationship is part of your what your religion commands you to have. Like it or not, your beliefs all stem from your religion, unless you're trying to tell me you personally communicate with a long-dead Jewish carpenter with a criminal record.
Anonymous User
August 10, 2010 09:03PM
Ant wrote: "Your relationship is part of your what your religion commands you to have. Like it or not, your beliefs all stem from your religion, unless you're trying to tell me you personally communicate with a long-dead Jewish carpenter with a criminal record. "

AGAIN - PLEASE DO NOT PERVERT THE SACRED CONTENTS OF THE SCRIPTURES. Please see[www.selectsmart.com]

Could you point me where in the SCRIPTURES about your comments regarding my Lord Jesus Christ?

God bless.
Jun
August 11, 2010 05:13AM
Many of the Bibilical scriptures are already perverted.

For instant, gems such as this:

Genesis 38:8-9
And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Jun
August 11, 2010 05:21AM
Believer Wrote:
> Quote from unknown writer:
> _
>
> Miracles
>
> Definition: An event or action that apparently
> contradicts known scientific laws.”
>
> Miracles Christians Believe in:
>
> 1. A Supernatural God exists (supernatural is
> defined as existing outside man’s known laws of
> nature).
>
> 2. This Supernatural God has the ability to create
> the Universe (all energy and matter) from
> nothing.
>
> 3. This Supernatural God has the ability to create
> life.
>
> 4. This Supernatural God has the ability to create
> an orderly Universe.

These are not the only miracles that Bible-nerds believes in. winking smiley

- Juni {^á´¥^}

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Anonymous User
August 11, 2010 11:32PM
Jun,

Continue reading the story to get the whole meaning of that story and you will know what happened to Onan the son of Judah. If you take one particular passage and stay there, it will be very dificult for you to understand what God is teaching you.

Then what happened - some of you will say - the Scriptures has been perverted. The answer to that argument is true if the Holy Spirit is not dwelling in you. Why? Anyone can make a case or an argument that the Scriptures is not the word of God. They can throw anything they want to say but that is their opinions.

An unknown writer says, "Without data you are a just a person with opinion." The data is the Scriptures which tell us the word of God.

You might say, what do you mean the Holy Spirit dwelling in me? The Bible teaches us that you must be born again (John 3:3). Born by the Spirit of God or God - the Holy Spirit. When this thing happen, God will open your understanding to know God's word.

Before we came to Christ, it was very difficult to understand God's word and we have all these kind of "weird" interpretations because our teacher which was the Holy Spirit was not inside in our hearts. But if the Holy Spirit reside in your heart starting today, God will switch that "light" to illuminate your mind-set and to understand the word of God.

Now you know. BTW, would you like to commit your heart to Jesus? - By this process you can know better the word of God.

God bless
August 12, 2010 12:39AM
Believer Wrote:
> Jun,
>
> Continue reading the story to get the whole
> meaning of that story and you will know what
> happened to Onan the son of Judah. If you take
> one particular passage and stay there, it will be
> very dificult for you to understand what God is
> teaching you

Precisely! Well said Believer thumbs up
Onan should never had spilled his seed on the ground. Wasting of seed is a big sin.
Similarly, people who masturbate themselves or use condoms to discard their seed down the toilet are sinning against God.

May the Lord bless your soul.

- LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT BELIEVE IN LÜGENPRESSE!!! HAIL TRUMP!!! OUR MESSIAH, THE SECOND COMING OF LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

God took the trouble to sacrificed Himself to Himself to circumvent a rule He Himself made, because He loves us. But unappreciative Atheists chooses to reject God because they like to sin and like to be immoral despite of all that God has done for them! INGRATES! angry smiley

tongue sticking out smiley COME STUDY THE BIBLE WITH ME @ [www.selectsmart.com] !!! thumbs up

angry smiley Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley MASTURBATORS (AKA WANKERS) ARE HOMOS TOO!!! : [www.selectsmart.com]

angry smiley God given human rights does not apply to AtheistsTM and Homos. : [www.selectsmart.com]
Anonymous User
August 12, 2010 12:49AM
Thank you LOLthumbs up. Keep on preaching and teaching the word of God.

May you continue to walk with the Lord.

God bless you and your household.
Anonymous User
August 12, 2010 05:59AM
Believer,
Ye of little faith! While I'm an atheist, I don't "believe" any of those things you think I am supposed to.
1. I don't believe that there was a point of "nothing" in universe. Likewise, I can't imagine that the universe has an edge, beyond which there is something else. I can't imagine that there was something "before" time.

2. In as much as our complex bodies can be reduced down to list of elements, about half the periodic table, it's not hard to imagine that the life got its start from a fortuitous accidental mixture. Remember the odds it happen are infinity x eternity. IOW, life could happened at any point in time at infinitely far flung places in the universe.

3. As for the Big Bang, I can't wrap my head around that. But also don't fully grasp how a lot of the electronics in my house work. I'm comfortable in not knowing everything there is to know. But as far as order and disorder goes, they are in the eye of a the beholder.

As for your list, you forgot to mention from where God sprang up. Was he always here? How can that be? I'm sure that any explanation you have for how God came to be violates also sorts of scientific "laws".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!