Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Anonymous User
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 11:33PM
First, Duffus, you agree that pedophilia has nothing to really do with homosexuality, then you say that G has a point.

Well if G's point is valid, so is mine. Why not compare a homosexual's desire for love and intimacy to that of a heterosexual's? Why not compare the love you feel to that of a pedophile? It's all love, right?

that many cultures in which homesexual sex was accept and even encouraged, that marriage was nevertheless reserved for heterosexuals.

Again, Duffus, why should we base all our ideas on those of the past, just because that's the way it's always been (never mind for the moment that some societies have allowed same sex couples to enter into marriages)? For instance, why should we outlaw slavery, when even the most enlightened societies of the past have always condoned it in some form?

Also, you must know that many, even most, societies of the past have condoned what is essentially pedophilia. It's been common for most of history for homosexual AND heterosexual men to take sexual partners who were much younger than they were. The term "child bride" is a heterosexual construct, not a homosexual one. So, by your logic, since the greatest societies in history have condoned some form of pedophilia, we should too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 11:39PM by Ant.
July 28, 2010 11:39PM
"As a matter of history, why is it, in your opinion, that many cultures in which homesexual sex was accept and even encouraged, that marriage was nevertheless reserved for heterosexuals." -pb

Irrelevant question.

But I'll answer it anyways. Because, in my opinion, homosexuals as a group were never organized enough nor saw benefit enough to demand or request it. I think, historically, in societies as you mention, homosexuals were content enough just not being burned at the stake or imprisoned for life for being homosexual to not bother with marriage rights.

What's your point?

Anonymous User
July 28, 2010 11:40PM
Gays and lesbians' desire for love and physical companionship is absolutely no different - Ponderer

Sure it is. My friendship with the same sex carries no sexual desires, as it ought not. Homosexuals have turned the dials so to speak to equivocate the friendship aspect of affections along with the sexual. Friendship is not the exception to go forward in that.

-cic-
July 28, 2010 11:44PM
I see, Cheap.

So... you are therefore saying that you are incapable of being friends with a woman without lusting after her sexually...?

No one is talking about "friendship" here, Cheap. Why you bring up such non sequitur points in such a discussion is a mystery.

Anonymous User
July 28, 2010 11:57PM
How is it different, Cheap? From what my straight friends and I can see, there's no difference between the way I experience love and the way they do. When I'm attracted to someone, I flirt with him. When my friend Sarah is into someone, she flirts with him. When I'm in a relationship with someone I love, I share my life with that person. When my straight friends are in relationships, they share their lives with each other. When I have a rough breakup, I cry and feel immense pain. When my friend Danny broke up with his girlfriend, he cried and felt unbearable loss.

Where, exactly, is the difference?
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 12:14AM
Ponderer, you know what I said had to do with same sex friendships being brought to same sexual relations so whats the nuanced nonsense really accomplishing for you other than assisting to reconstruct the portion of wall I just brought down.

-cic-
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 12:28AM
You seem really confused, Cheap. Why is it that you think that having same sex attractions means a same sex friendship must also entail a sexual component? I am friends with many other men and I am not sexually attracted to most of them. I'm even friends with other gay men and don't feel that my friendship with them must necessarily involve a sexual element. Where do you get such ideas?
July 29, 2010 12:36AM
You're the one implying nuanced nonsense, Cheap. You say that what you said had to do with same sex friendships being brought to same sexual relations. As if that's all homosexuality is. That's simply nonsense.

Sam
July 29, 2010 12:44AM
Tony needs homo lessons for when he gets brave enough to come out of the closet...
Jun
July 29, 2010 03:33AM
Jun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you provide a quote, or at least an
> approximate one. Nothing in her post seems to
> indicate to me that she thinks that.

Pb:

Jun:
No?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 07:58AM
Homosexuals have turned the dials so to speak to equivocate the friendship aspect of affections along with the sexual. Friendship is not the exception to go forward in that. - cic-

Read it as I intended it. It's there in type as plain as day. Don't eisogete your wishful twist into what I've said.
Here we have homosexuals telling a heterosexual that he is confused. Classic Select Smart.

-cic-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 08:00AM by Commander In Cheap.
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 08:05AM
Commander In Cheap Wrote:
> Here we have homosexuals telling a heterosexual
> that he is confused. Classic Select Smart.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad...
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 09:06AM
Yeah Cheap, the audacity of some homosexuals telling anyone that they might be confused, even someone as clearly mental as you are. How dare a gay person judge anything about a straight person. Don't they know their place in this world? The judgment of homosexuals is ALWAYS inferior to that of heterosexuals. What were we thinking?

Blowhard.
July 29, 2010 12:35PM
What an irony: a thread entitled "Do Not Look Downward to Gays" is written to encourage us to " look downward to gays."

Now does the lack of proper English grammar in that title mean that 'Believer' is a foreigner or mentally disabled? If he's a foreigner, where is he from? A backward culture in which Evangelical missionaries have made recent converts (always the most fundamentalistic members of any religion)?

The one-track-mind nature of his posts, never reponding to others with anything but rote responses, means 'Believer' may have a low IQ, an autistic disorder, or obsessive/cumpulsive syndrome. He's obviously enjoying the fact that people actually seem to be paying attention to him.
July 29, 2010 02:14PM
linc Wrote:
> He's obviously enjoying the fact that
> people actually seem to be paying attention to
> him.

Is that jealousy, linc? tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!