Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 29, 2010 04:18PM
Based on the area of California that he's posting from and the way he expresses himself, I'm going to guess that Believer is from somewhere like Laos or Cambodia or Viet Nam.

Believer, would it be against any Biblical decree to tell us where you are from originally?

July 29, 2010 05:30PM
Betcha he's an American who may or may not have a HS diploma. Without remembering anything specific, for some reason I've gotten the impression that he's too fluent with American idioms to be one of dem furriners.
pb
July 29, 2010 06:57PM
Well if G's point is valid, so is mine. Why not compare a homosexual's desire for love and intimacy to that of a heterosexual's? Why not compare the love you feel to that of a pedophile? It's all love, right? --ant

You're not getting it--again.

I have compared the love I feel to a pedaphiles and I have asserted repeatedly that desire is not its own justification.
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 09:04PM
What an irony: a thread entitled "Do Not Look Downward to Gays" is written to encourage us to " look downward to gays."- linc

I said: "Please do not..."

Please pardon me for I am not a good writer with convincing and persuasive words to people but to tell and share to you what the Lord has done for me.

By His grace, He saved me.

God bless.
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 09:20PM
Believer, would it be against any Biblical decree to tell us where you are from originally?- Ponderer

Not at all. You can guess anything you want. You can guess the way I write and that is alright and you are entitle to your own opinion.

The most important topic is the Lord Jesus Christ not Believer. This is the reason that I do not want to be recognized as people needs to be recognized. That is not me - anymore. I used to do that kind of lifestyle - wants to be recognized but my Lord changed me the way I used to do. It is all about the Lord Jesus Christ.

My heart desire that His name Jesus Christ be known to all and that His name be magnified and be glorified through out the earth.

In that cross He died for me and He suffered excruciating pain for me. He shed His precious blood for me that I might be forgiven. I can never repay my Lord for what He has done for me.

God bless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 09:28PM by Believer.
July 29, 2010 09:49PM
Sorry. I didn't mean to hit such a sore spot for you. I withdraw the query.

Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 11:15PM
so let me get this straight.....if i am in a stairway or the top of a building, and there are gays and lesbians below me, i can not look downward?
July 30, 2010 02:17PM
Ponderer wrote,

I'm going to guess that Believer is from somewhere like Laos or Cambodia or Viet Nam.

Yes, I thought Southeast Asia, too-- Indonesia, Malaysia. His writing has the earnest simple-mindedness of a Jehovah's Witness, but he uses none of their usual tropes. It must be stressful for a foreigner trying to establish himself in America, and a church's firm code of behavior and ready-made social circle can steer a newcomer away from vice and loneliness, so it's easy to see how he could become obsessed with that little world, working a menial job all day, coming back to a one room apartment and surfing Evangelical sites all night, no real friends, no girl, just a desire to have a supernatural advantage in his quest for prosperity. I could be misreading him completely, of course.
July 30, 2010 04:14PM
"I could be misreading him completely, of course." -linc

I don't even think we can be sure Believer is a "him".

Anonymous User
July 30, 2010 05:47PM
linc wrote: "Yes, I thought Southeast Asia, too-- Indonesia, Malaysia. His writing has the earnest simple-mindedness of a Jehovah's Witness, but he uses none of their usual tropes. It must be stressful for a foreigner trying to establish himself in America, and a church's firm code of behavior and ready-made social circle can steer a newcomer away from vice and loneliness, so it's easy to see how he could become obsessed with that little world, working a menial job all day, coming back to a one room apartment and surfing Evangelical sites all night, no real friends, no girl, just a desire to have a supernatural advantage in his quest for prosperity. I could be misreading him completely, of course."

I do not represent the Jehovah's Witness. I represent my Lord Jesus Chist. Again please pardon me for I am not a good writer but I come in the name of my Lord Jesus who saved me from the power of darkness to light, from death to life and from Satan to God.

I am rejoicing because of His goodness to me that is why I cannot stop telling and sharing His attributes and His ways. I do not establish myself but to proclaiming my Lord Jesus Christ.

You heard the Gospel several times and it is a choice to receive and reject Jesus Christ - the Creator - the true and living God.

God bless.
Anonymous User
July 30, 2010 08:29PM
Yes, we HAVE heard it several times, Believer. From you alone, not to mention the millions of other times we've heard it from other people throughout our lives. I think we understand the offer and we still understand that it's utter bollocks. So you can stop repeating yourself ad nauseum now. It got boring years ago.
Anonymous User
July 30, 2010 08:35PM
Ant wrote:"Yes, we HAVE heard it several times, Believer. From you alone, not to mention the millions of other times we've heard it from other people throughout our lives. I think we understand the offer and we still understand that it's utter bollocks. So you can stop repeating yourself ad nauseum now. It got boring years ago."

You quoted exactly what the Bible says, "They have ears but they cannot hear; They have eyes but they cannot see."

Lord please open their eyes and their ears that they might come to know You. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name Amen.

God bless.
July 30, 2010 09:06PM
You quoted exactly what the Bible says, "They have ears but they cannot hear; They have eyes but they cannot see." - Believer

But that's not what's happening. We can see and hear fine.

Most of us here not only reject the Bible as the "Word of God" but also the Qur'an and the Bhagavad Gita, and for basically the same reasons.
Anonymous User
July 30, 2010 10:45PM
PTTP wrote: But that's not what's happening. We can see and hear fine. Most of us here not only reject the Bible as the "Word of God" but also the Qur'an and the Bhagavad Gita, and for basically the same reasons.

Are you really sure you can hear what the Spirit says to you? If you hear and you can see then God has open your understanding what the Bible has to say.

Are you going to a church that preach and teach the Bible verse-by-verse? If not I strongly recommend to find one.

God bless.
July 30, 2010 11:04PM
I don't understand why you bothered to post that quote of mine when your reply had nothing to do with it.

If you're going to contend that Satan is blinding us from the truths in the Bible, then you must also conclude that Satan is blinding us from the truths in the Qur'an and the Bhagavad Gita.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!