Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Share

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 07:04PM
If homosexuality can be made a non issue, we'll see groups like pedophiles and zoophiles fall in behind them. You can bet that all of those groups are sitting among in the pews in ungodly churches such as United Methodist as well the Roman idolatry centers.

-cic-
Anonymous User
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 07:06PM
Why use that example if the two things are totally different, G? Why not compare gay people's desire for love and companionship with that of heterosexual people's desire for love and companionship? The two are far more identical. How about comparing Christians' compulsion to pray on behalf of their god with terrorists' compulsion to torture and kill on behalf of their god?

Cheap, you assume a lot. Most gay people aren't demanding that your church accept or approve of anything. There are already plenty of churches, temples and synagogues that accept them. They just want other churches to stop interfering with their secular, civil liberties. Stop being paranoid. I don't give a flying f*ck if your god or church accepts me or not. I just want them to mind their own business and leave me the hell alone, as it should be in a nation that separates religion and government.
pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 08:47PM
Ant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why use that example if the two things are totally
> different, G? Why not compare gay people's desire
> for love and companionship with that of
> heterosexual people's desire for love and
> companionship?

ant,

G's comment is exactly on point. According to your rationale, pedaphilia should be justified.
Jun
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:04PM
pb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ant Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why use that example if the two things are
> totally
> > different, G? Why not compare gay people's
> desire
> > for love and companionship with that of
> > heterosexual people's desire for love and
> > companionship?
>
> ant,
>
> G's comment is exactly on point. According to
> your rationale, pedaphilia should be justified.

In what way does that justisfy Pedaphilia Pb?

As I've earlier asked, "In what way is consensual homosexual sex comparable with pedophile-abuse of a child?"

The act of Pedophilia is unjustisfied as it is "abusive" -- Nothing to do with whether or not it is based on desire or love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:09PM
In what way does that justisfy Pedaphilia Pb?

As I've earlier asked, "In what way is consensual homosexual sex comparable with pedophile-abuse of a child?"

The act of Pedophilia is unjustisfied as it is "abusive" -- Nothing to do with whether or not it is based on desire or love.

ho hum, wade.

The point is that if you justify homosexuality because it is rooted in the authentic love of the people who engage in it, you're arguing that love is a justification for an act. If love is a justification for anything it is justication for anything where love is involved. Now, we all know that no one really believes that love is a justification for anything--except that narcissists here think it should apply to their love--even when it doesn't apply to others' love.
Jun
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:26PM
pb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The point is that if you justify homosexuality
> because it is rooted in the authentic love of the
> people who engage in it, you're arguing that love
> is a justification for an act. If love is a
> justification for anything it is justication for
> anything where love is involved.

Yes it is Pb. However other aspects may over-rule that justisfication.
Its not just a 1-dimensional thing as you are treating it.

As I've said, for the case of pedophilia, the fact that it is abusive overrules the justification from the "love" POV.

In contrast, this is not so for hetro, homo sexual relationships/sex.

Its such a simple and straightforward reasoning that I'm surprised that I have to actually elaborate to you where I'm coming from. sad smiley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:30PM
Jun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes it is Pb. However other aspects may over-rule
> that justisfication.
> Its not just a 1-dimensional thing as you are
> treating it.
>
> As I've said, for the case of pedophilia, the fact
> that it is abusive overrules the justification
> from the "love" POV.

Not to the person who argues that desire is its own justification. That's precisely the point I'm making. Desire isn't its own justificagtion, no matter what the desire is or who has the desire.

>
> In contrast, this is not so for hetro, homo sexual
> relationships/sex.

non sequitur

>
> Its such a simple and straightforward reasoning
> that I'm surprised that I have to actually
> elaborate to you where I'm coming from. sad smiley
Jun
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:40PM
Desire isn't its own justisfication, precisely Pb and I doubt anyone thinks the contrary.
However for the case of homosexual relationships, like hetrosexual relationships, there is nothing that overules the justisfication argument from the POV of love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:46PM
Jun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Desire isn't its own justisfication, precisely Pb
> and I doubt anyone thinks the contrary.

The point is that gays think it is when it is THEIR desire--just not when it is someone else's. Read pondy posts.

> However for the case of homosexual relationships,
> like hetrosexual relationships, there is nothing
> that overules the justisfication argument from the
> POV of love.

Agreed. But no one but you is talking about that.
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 09:55PM
"The point is that gays think it is when it is THEIR desire--just not when it is someone else's. Read pondy posts." -pb

You are so full of bull, pb. Gays and lesbians' desire for love and physical companionship is absolutely no different nor based on any other "justification" than heterosexuals' desire for those things is.

If gays and lesbians think that desire is it's own justification, then so do heterosexuals.

Jun
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 10:08PM
pb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jun Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Desire isn't its own justisfication, precisely
> Pb
> > and I doubt anyone thinks the contrary.
>
> The point is that gays think it is when it is
> THEIR desire--just not when it is someone else's.
> Read pondy posts.

Can you provide a quote, or at least an approximate one. Nothing in her post seems to indicate to me that she thinks that.

> > However for the case of homosexual
> relationships,
> > like hetrosexual relationships, there is
> nothing
> > that overules the justisfication argument from
> the
> > POV of love.
>
> Agreed. But no one but you is talking about that.

Its a related point worth making in addition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}


"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 10:09PM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The point is that gays think it is when it is
> THEIR desire--just not when it is someone else's.
> Read pondy posts." -pb
>
> You are so full of bull, pb. Gays and lesbians'
> desire for love and physical companionship is
> absolutely no different nor based on any other
> "justification" than heterosexuals' desire for
> those things is.

And, gays and lesbian's desire for love and physical companionship is also the same as those desires in pedaphiles. Love is love.

Where you have problems is your justification for marriage. The sad reality is that a heterosexual pedaphilic relationship has a stronger argument for marriage than gays do. For you, the best you can say is that your love is as real as anyone else's. Sex between geezers and pubescents can create children.

I have a cousin from hillbilly land in Appalacia who got married at 13 to a guy exactly twice her age. It's been a happy marriage and has produced several happy and well adjusted children--something no same sex marriage has ever done. Your love may be as real as theirs but you can't add to the creation of the next generation, which is what marriage has always been about and explains why cultures that have accepted, even encouraged same sex sex have reserved marriage for heteros.
pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 10:10PM
Note to Believer:

If you want to create a hot topic here, just make it about homosexulity.
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 11:10PM
"The sad reality is that a heterosexual pedaphilic relationship has a stronger argument for marriage than gays do." -pb

Based on YOUR narrowly defined, parochially antediluvian justifications for "what marriage has always been about". Based on YOUR blindly narrow minded refusal to acknowledge any other very real and justifiable and perfectly legal reasons that two people in modern times would get married for.

pb
Re: Please Do Not Look Downward to Gays and Lesbians
July 28, 2010 11:17PM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The sad reality is that a heterosexual pedaphilic
> relationship has a stronger argument for marriage
> than gays do." -pb
>
> Based on YOUR narrowly defined, parochially
> antediluvian justifications for "what marriage has
> always been about". Based on YOUR blindly narrow
> minded refusal to acknowledge any other very real
> and justifiable and perfectly legal reasons that
> two people in modern times would get married for.

pond,

As a matter of history, why is it, in your opinion, that many cultures in which homesexual sex was accept and even encouraged, that marriage was nevertheless reserved for heterosexuals.

And, BTW, Re: antediluvian

I love it when you go biblical on me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login



Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!