Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does the sky really exist? (LEGITIMATE SCIENCE; PLEASE READ!)

Posted by George 
Re: Does the sky really exist? (LEGITIMATE SCIENCE; PLEASE READ!)
August 30, 2012 04:16PM
Whether there is a sky or not depends on what definition of sky you are using.

This, the meaning of terms, is a big part of what philosophical debates and arguments are about.

An imprecise or fuzzy explanation of what the questioner means by sky can only result in an imprecise answer to the question---"Does the sky really exist?"
Anonymous User
September 03, 2012 01:06AM
George, I was inspired by your musings and warmed by the PhD-level sarcasm. So I did what I always do when similarly afflicted-----Dropped in at my local small-town hardware store and asked for a pound of sky.

They gave me a bag. It appeared empty.

They were planning on charging $1.99 (US). Being a Scot, I asked to see the scale. Later the sherriff came by.

You should warn your lady friend that there is danger of your becoming a philosopher. Lying about in the grass all day, contemplating the "sky"-------real men spell this "s-k-y-e"-----------what next? A life spent grasping after social justice?
Anonymous User
September 08, 2012 09:58AM
So, Belly, you think George actually wrote that? You're even more gullible than I'd imagined. No wonder you're a Christian. You're very easily duped.
June 24, 2016 09:34PM
You aren't wrong or Taoist lol. I came to the same conclusion but I took it a little further [instagram.com] and [instagram.com]

These r Instagram videos I came upon this same thinking and my friend has been debating with me...he's a pilot lol
June 25, 2016 05:12PM
The sky is blue from light refracting through water droplets in the atmosphere.

There is no spoon because it's a cgi creation of the special effects department.

Two answers... no waiting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!