Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newton Joseph, Ph.D

Posted by G 
Anonymous User
Re: Newton Joseph, Ph.D
February 28, 2012 09:39PM
pb,
Not willing to believe in preposterous fairy tales does not make a person a "theophobe". I doubt that the concept of gods or believers in gods frightened Newton Joseph. He was an iconoclast.
February 28, 2012 09:42PM
Newt was more religious that anyone realized. He believed in the afterlife as he once told me to "go to hell."

Sam wrote: I checked out your facebook page and it appears Newtie has quite a following! Yeah, all from the locaL NUT HOUSE!
Sam
February 28, 2012 09:46PM
You just sound so stupid and immature, Don. Stop embarrassing yourself already.
February 29, 2012 12:14AM
Ho-Hum
February 29, 2012 12:59AM
Sock-Ra-Tease was the best atheist poster here at SS... He eloquently argued a non-theistic philosophy with much grace and compassion for his debating partners. He understood the power of mythology and embraced it as an important part of our history and psychology. Although truth be told he championed science and discovery as it was his main goal, but he loved the works of Joseph Campbell and often shared some of his quotes e.g. Religion is misunderstood mythology. He was attentive and serious, considered Theology meaningful, and often discussed the classical arguments and their shortcomings... Sock-Ra-Tease will be missed...

Newton... Well... He was the complete opposite of Sock...
Sam
February 29, 2012 01:33AM
Yep, I miss him, too. Is he also deceased?
February 29, 2012 04:17PM
Newton was pretty much of a nut. A very very redundant nut.

But RIP anyway, Newty.

Sam
February 29, 2012 04:21PM
He absolutely was redundant but why do you think he was a nut, Pondy?
February 29, 2012 04:34PM
There was a ranting quality to him that always put me off a bit. Similar to Believer in some ways. Maybe I'm just going on a past feeling about him. It's been so long since any of his posts appeared here. My memory could be colored.

Sam
February 29, 2012 05:01PM
By far most of his postings were prepared articles he'd written which were (imo rightly) devoid of emotion (rant). Granted he didn't suffer the silliness of religion and was often insensitive about butthurt feelings over it but he was a clinician and a man of (albeit soft) science. I remember trying to provoke him (as I do everyone) and was happy when I felt I had cracked a bit of his hard exterior but I did admire his staunch commitment to his version of psychological wellness. On him being a nut, not so much. People ought not be considered truly nutty (insane) until or unless they meet the definition and are a harm to themselves or others. Short of that, we should be considered nicely eccentric, lol. Of course, all religious people meet that definition soooo.....winking smiley
February 29, 2012 05:05PM
I hereby change my assessment of him to: He was a bit of a nut. winking smiley

Sam
February 29, 2012 05:17PM
"We're all mad here." - famous grinning cat
February 29, 2012 05:59PM
His only correspondence was to tell his debating partners that they were pathological. thumbs down
Sam
February 29, 2012 06:08PM
They were. I suspect he looked at this place kinda like I do sometimes, as a place to express authentic opinions and feelings rather than to have to present as we do in RL at times, especially when you are literally surrounded by insane people, truly clinically INSANE. Anyway, he's in that great Nothingness now and I'm glad to have "known" a bit of him. He inspired me to speak my mind! Aren't you all glad? grinning smiley
February 29, 2012 06:25PM
Liberialism is a mental disorder. Nothing you can say in your defense will make sense until you can face your disease...
Sam
February 29, 2012 08:42PM
I have never seen that in any version of the DSM...Did the goddy voices in your head (when ur on that side of the fence) tell you that? Lol!
February 29, 2012 10:51PM

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

[www.wnd.com]

Let me know when you reach sanity, Sam...
Sam
February 29, 2012 11:08PM
So Dr. Lyle is your Guru today? lol
It is impossible to speak with a Liberal.
February 29, 2012 11:13PM

“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,”

It is impossible to debate a Liberal.

Tuk10
Sam
February 29, 2012 11:18PM
Yes, because you can't pull any bullshite. We have filters for that. Next you'll be saying we're Evil like your uberreligious brethren do. Hohum...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!