Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newton Joseph, Ph.D

Posted by G 
G
Newton Joseph, Ph.D
August 26, 2008 04:03PM
Anyone still remember him? Looks like he's finally disappeared from the Internet. Even his website's gone. All I could find was this: [www.liveperson.com]. Apparently he's an "Expert in root" and you can get live advice for only 30c per minute.

(Away until Internet gets set up in my new apartment)
pb
Re: Newton Joseph, Ph.D
August 26, 2008 04:57PM
Obviously Newt is not a young guy. I hope he is well.
August 27, 2008 12:07AM
I've the impression that if he is alive, he has transferred his affairs over to a ..... a ..... what's the description I'm looking for? It's a legal term. I'm imagining all of his worldy wealth directed to a care facility.

Well Brothers, he was informed whether he acepted the information or not. Hope that the Holy Spirit did or is doing what He does best for mankind for New10.
August 27, 2008 01:52AM
He'll probably show up in a year or two and re-post all the same stuff again as if we hadn't already seen it a dozen times before. He's on a cycle with this stuff I think.

G
August 27, 2008 03:11AM
I would have thought that as well Pondy, but his website's gone. I think he may be gone for good this time.

G
August 27, 2008 03:14AM
This is why I found his area of expertise amusing, BTW: [www.koalanet.com.au]

August 27, 2008 03:23AM
Brown-eyed mullet : a turd in the sea (where you're swimming!)

A buddy was fishing & said to another fisherman that the Boneless Browns were biting upstream. The dude shook his head approving & must have actually thought it was a type of fish!

Another name for an unruley breed. BassTurds
G
August 27, 2008 03:26AM
Hehe

Anonymous User
February 27, 2012 04:30PM
Hello folks,

I am sorry that I had been unaware of this conversation until today and so I do hope that at least some of you will get this message. Doctor Newton Joseph died of brain cancer a number of years ago. I am in possession of a copy of his old website that contains most of his writings that he bequethed to me shortly before he passed away. I have not yet decided what to do with all of it. I am open to suggestions.

Sincerely,

Ellis Dean Hovey [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2012 04:35PM by PeskyAtheist.
Sam
February 27, 2012 05:05PM
Aw, sorry to hear that. I miss him. Do you know his friend Lee who used to publish a Freethought pamphlet? If so, is he still around?
February 27, 2012 07:48PM
Joseph Newton, a.k.a. Fig Newton............a.k.a. "the idiot".
Sam
February 27, 2012 07:53PM
Nice, Don. Way to represent the christian spirit here. Lmao...talk about an idiot!
Sam
February 27, 2012 09:03PM
Pesk, I checked out your facebook page and it appears Newtie has quite a following! I had lots of fun with him here for a few years. Thx for posting here about him.
February 28, 2012 02:25AM
I shouldn't have said idiot, Sam. A complete idiot is more apropos. BTW, It's not a sin to speak the truth. I remember him telling about one of his counselees. After ten years he got him to speak one word. I believe the guy died of old age or killed himself......can't remember which.

Say what you will but he stll was an idiot. A guy like that should never have been let loose on society. Yikes! I wonder just how many bank accounts Newtie bled dry.
Sam
February 28, 2012 03:34AM
You are only saying that because he thought you were crazy. And you are.
February 28, 2012 04:26AM
Good come back, Sam!
Anonymous User
February 28, 2012 07:53PM
As an atheist, I have no doubt that the late Newton will not be reading this, so this post isn't intended for him. I also know that Newton would agree with my views on the lack of gods and an afterlife. This message is for his friends.

I had long suspected that he died. He was too passionate in his beliefs (or lack thereof) to stay away for long. He was an entertaining writer who didn't suffer fools gladly. I miss his contributions to this forum.
Sam
February 28, 2012 08:20PM
sniff me2
pb
February 28, 2012 09:05PM
sam,

Newt was the only person who was a more virulent theophobe than you among all the people I've ever met.
Sam
February 28, 2012 09:07PM
He was my hero here. A no holds barred trail blazer in the field of anti-religion psychology/psychiatry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!