Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Infidels Bible chapter 1

Posted by angel.us 
The Infidels Bible chapter 1
August 19, 2017 12:05AM
1-1: Study all religions.
1-2: Reject those with hate ideology.
1-3: Reject those with dogma,
but welcome those with dogs.
1-4: Praise any lord or lady you choose.
1-5: Revere the Buddhas,
and be the Buddha.
1-6: Rituals & word are never as important as intent.
(Any other outlook is dogma.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2017 01:32AM by angel.us.
Re: The Infidels Bible chapter 1
August 19, 2017 12:08AM
angel.us
1-1: Study all religions. ---- impossible, we dont live long enough
1-2: Reject those with hate ideology. --- zionism is great example, known as the religion of hate
1-3: Reject those with dogma, --- reject all? even preaching no dogma is a dogma
1-4: Praise any lord or lady you choose -- to be self evident....somebody once said
and be the Buddha.
-- buddhas are fat, revere the super model

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2017 12:09AM by txcup.
August 19, 2017 12:13AM
txcup
-- buddhas are fat, revere the super model

The real Buddhas are not fat!

The guy you are are thinking of is Budai.
In simple, he was a Buddha, but not the Buddha.

He is just one.

Thus a Buddha can be fat. But he must also make people happy,
like Santa, but everyday!!

However, maybe I should make a chapter about hot women??? grinning smiley
August 19, 2017 12:13AM
smileys with beer Coming soon drinking smiley
September 19, 2017 08:50PM
angel.us

1-1: Study all religions.

Good.

1-2: Reject those with hate ideology.

I do not agree.

1-3: Reject those with dogma,

Dogs are good but I do not think there can be a religion without dogma.

I am a Gnostic Christian, which is a free thinking creed, and I think we have to see free thinking as our dogma.

Perhaps it depends on how you define dogma.

1-4: Praise any lord or lady you choose.

Indeed.

and be the Buddha.[/quote
]

Indeed again, while remembering the Buddhist adage that if you meet God, kill him.

The reason I did not agree with your 1-2 is because I think that when we develop a love ideology, we automatically develop the yin to that yang and develop a hate ideology to apply to all those who do not share the love ideology we have developed.

Archetypal Jesus, for instance, preached love, but also said that he came to bring war and not peace.

Can you love something while being able to not have hate for those hate what you love?

Regards
DL
September 21, 2017 12:13AM
DL,

1st, what does DL mean. I knew a guy in college who used DL Shandel as his radio nick name, lol.

2nd, I don't understand why we shouldn't reject those with hate.
That does not mean we have to become like them,
but we must acknowledge them & sometimes combat them.

3rd, over coming dogma is a big part of Wicca & what I wanted for the infidel's bible.
It is for me, but not for everyone.

I am writing this to stand out different from traditional bibles.

The bondage of dogma is hard to overcome, but we can try & help.

Dogma is anything that hold you back from A-free thought, B-free practice as you wish,
C-chosing to study other beliefs, D-questioning god/gods (in Wicca blind faith is for the
foolish, the strong ask question & learn), E-stops you from advancing as a person,
and F-needless rules & rituals.

4th, the answer you question:
"Can you love something while being able to not have hate for those hate what you love?"

Yes, you can. That is the true buddha way. You must not let others actions determine
your mentallity. However, since it is a bout more than just 2 people's beliefs, it has to be
confronted. You must take action to stop them from hurting others (including yourself).

Never the less, again, you must not become what you hate.
To hate "hate," you become a creature of hate. (The spiritual catch 22.)

5th, when you meet the real god, the one who lives within your heart,
do not kill him/her. Embrace it, hug it, love it, live it, and follow it!
(Do no confuse it with flase external gods.)

Let me get this straight, this scene is illegal in 300 cities?
September 28, 2017 01:31AM
Last verse added:

1-6 Rituals & word are never as imporatant as intent.
(Any other outlook is dogma.)
October 02, 2017 02:32AM
angel.us

DL,

1st, what does DL mean. I knew a guy in college who used DL Shandel as his radio nick name, lol.

Those are just the initial of my real name. I am used to using it due to old business memo writing habits.

2nd, I don't understand why we shouldn't reject those with hate.
That does not mean we have to become like them,
but we must acknowledge them & sometimes combat them.

Because we should acknowledge that the hate we naturally have is born from the love we have for one view which will hate all who oppose that view. This link shows that.

[www.youtube.com]

3rd, over coming dogma is a big part of Wicca & what I wanted for the infidel's bible.
It is for me, but not for everyone.

I am writing this to stand out different from traditional bibles.

The bondage of dogma is hard to overcome, but we can try & help.

Dogma is anything that hold you back from A-free thought, B-free practice as you wish,
C-chosing to study other beliefs, D-questioning god/gods (in Wicca blind faith is for the
foolish, the strong ask question & learn), E-stops you from advancing as a person,
and F-needless rules & rituals.

Understood but some dogma is likely what you will end in accepting as good advice/dogma to some ideology.

It might even be the good Wiccan dogma that you speak of. The thing is to think freely and decide which dogma is valuable and which is not.

4th, the answer you question:
"Can you love something while being able to not have hate for those hate what you love?"

Yes, you can. That is the true buddha way. You must not let others actions determine
your mentallity. However, since it is a bout more than just 2 people's beliefs, it has to be
confronted. You must take action to stop them from hurting others (including yourself).

Never the less, again, you must not become what you hate.
To hate "hate," you become a creature of hate. (The spiritual catch 22.)

Do unto others is a reciprocal law. That is also expressed as returning whatever love or hate you are given with that same love or hate and since reciprocity is fair play, all I recommend here is reciprocity. If you return love for the hate directed at you, then you are rewardinbg hate and that is not a good idea.

5th, when you meet the real god, the one who lives within your heart,
do not kill him/her. Embrace it, hug it, love it, live it, and follow it!
(Do no confuse it with flase external gods.)

That is rather a Gnostic Christian view. Nice.

We are not to kill the God we find within, but as a follower of the ways of Gnostic Christian Jesus, we are to retire that God by accepting or taking the judgement seat the way Jesus did.

That is expressed by these verses.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL
October 02, 2017 10:41PM
"Do unto others is a reciprocal law. That is also expressed as returning whatever love or hate you are given with that same love or hate and since reciprocity is fair play, all I recommend here is reciprocity. If you return love for the hate directed at you, then you are rewardinbg hate and that is not a good idea."

Oh, I agree whole heartedly. We must never let people get away with being bad or stupid
or ignorant. we must teach them.

Bad can't be rewarded. It must be changed.

But it is a catch 22. We must confront evil, without doing evil things ourselves (as too often happens).

October 04, 2017 02:44AM
angel.us
"Do unto others is a reciprocal law. That is also expressed as returning whatever love or hate you are given with that same love or hate and since reciprocity is fair play, all I recommend here is reciprocity. If you return love for the hate directed at you, then you are rewardinbg hate and that is not a good idea."

Oh, I agree whole heartedly. We must never let people get away with being bad or stupid
or ignorant. we must teach them.

Bad can't be rewarded. It must be changed.

But it is a catch 22. We must confront evil, without doing evil things ourselves (as too often happens).

Like secular law with it's mens rea, --- no quilt without evil intent or an evil mind set, --- there is no moral equivalency between you or I who want to correct out of love, and those we know are evil and must be fought.

A crook and a cop do not have moral equivalency just because they both have guns.

Regards
DL
October 04, 2017 08:28PM
Greatest I am
A crook and a cop do not have moral equivalency just because they both have guns.

No, but the cop can be a criminal, & sinner can be saints...
at least according the Mick Jagger anyway. grinning smiley

October 07, 2017 11:08PM
I agree on this.

Regards
DL
October 11, 2017 10:25PM
grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!