Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Kiddies I'm back!

Hey Kiddies I'm back!
August 02, 2016 06:20PM
Homo sapiens has had religion for tens of thousands of years and the species has had philosophy for thousands of years

But there’s only one method that has radical affected not only human thought but the biosphere.

Nothing in the 3-billion-year history of life has had an effect like the scientific method.

In 200 years it has changed life and the planet so incredibly … for better or for worse… that you have to be literally retarded to deny it.

Lovecraft wrote the greatest emotion is the fear and greatest fear is the fear of the unknown and this fear is the foundation of religion and philosophy.

Why has the scientific method dominated when it comes to searching for the truth...
because it LOVES THE UNKNOWN.

Without the unknown there would not be a scientific method. The scientific method thrives only when there are questions to answer, the beauty of our existence is that every time we answer a question we get a thousand more questions.

A true scientist loves that @#$%&. A scientist loves it so much they will be irresponsible unethical abhorrent just to get to the truth.

The scientific method is the truth the way and the light. It is the only way.

It’s a game with unlimited levels. And each level is harder than the next and it goes on forever. The best game ever.

Some of the greatest minds in history have not been able to cope with this. Even the greatest minds can only reach a certain level and some get overwhelmed They are bedazzled and perplexed. And they give up and turn to deities.

Hey but that the story of the homo sapiens. Stories are easy but science is hard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 06:23PM by Fascinated_foreigner.
Re: Hey Kiddies I'm back!
August 02, 2016 11:04PM
Hey FF welcome back!!!

How are things down in Aus?

Any thoughts on philosophy? I had a discussion lately with a former university director who denied the importance of philosophy in the face of science. I informed him that science is a philosophy and that it was philosophy that gave birth to the scientific method.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
Re: Hey Kiddies I'm back!
March 03, 2017 08:29PM
Welcome back FF. It's good to be back myself. I love this stuff.

I have to disagree that the scientific method is the only way. I mean looking at things as a scientist with doubt
& investigation is the best way, but not the only way. Recently I've studied Wicca, & it teaches blind faith is for
fools, knowledge is the right way. (Wicca means wise.)

That statement is as as obsurd as extreme Christians, muslims, & others arguing with nonbelievers that others
should convert.

"What freakin' bizarre world did I wake up in."
-Cordelia Chase (Angel Episode 100)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!