Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Christian Morality is destroying the west.

Posted by Kairos 
Christian Morality is destroying the west.
May 17, 2016 11:48PM
Christian morality has been used to turn the west into idiots. Islam and other cultures utilize this to spread and overwhelm the west.

Christian morality destroyed the Roman Empire. Now it is destroying the west.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 11:51PM by Kairos.
Re: Christian Morality is destroying the west.
May 19, 2016 02:40AM
I dunno. I am an atheist, although I was raised by and among nominal Christians. The Christians have had a pretty good run starting with the Renaissance through the Enlightenment period to today. The progress and accomplishments of the nations where Christians are the dominant religion outshines any other nations that I can think of.

Mattress Selector
How to select the right mattress for you.
May 19, 2016 10:59PM
They had a pretty good run during the dark ages for half a millennia or so years.

The Renaissance was a re-embrace of Greco-Roman civilization/culture/knowledge.

The Enlightenment was a movement towards atheism.

The Enlightenment however did retain Christian morality and it has sowed the seeds for further destruction of the biosphere and of the west itself. e.g. through classical liberal economics turned to neoliberal globalist economics and the eventual rejection/destruction of identity/culture/sovereignty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 06:22AM by Kairos.
May 27, 2016 05:01AM
Kairos,

I think it's time for you to wipe the slate clean; start from the beginning.

You exist, and there is a world around you that you can make sense of...

There's your start...
May 27, 2016 06:23AM
That was deep Tuk.

Perhaps you would like to analyze where the current trajectory of world events is leading us?

May 27, 2016 10:49PM
To a world of postmodern nonsense it seems
May 27, 2016 11:38PM
If so, it will be Christian morality that brought us there.

What is Christian morality but the original post modern nonsense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 11:38PM by Kairos.
May 31, 2016 10:56PM
Do you see witches going around eating babies in 2016?
Go figures!!!

--
~NAAHHHH-wehwehwehhhh!!!

"Democrats Would Rather Lose Than Win With A Progressive" - Former Sanders Official Nick Brana
[www.youtube.com]

Conservative Value:

SJW Ben Affleck shows why it is pointless arguing with a virtue signaling radical Social Justice Warrior.
[www.youtube.com]
Sam Harris breaks it down..
[www.youtube.com]
Sam Harris: Winning the War of Ideas | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
[www.youtube.com]

Sharia Talk with Imam Tawhidi (Reforming Islam)
[www.youtube.com]
The minority moderate brand of Islam that the secular world can respect.
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Muslim-**American** leaders support Australian imam's rejection of radical Islam
[www.foxnews.com]

Imam Tawhidi talks to Ex-Muslims
[www.youtube.com]
A true and honest Muslim reformist.

Young babies can be raped legally according to Imam Khomeini (highest ranking supreme leader of Iran's Islamic revolution) and the one who issued the death Fatwa against Salman Rushdie -- Reformist Muslim Imam Tawhidi explains..
[www.facebook.com]

Conservative Islam: 'Sharia Patrols' Harassing Citizens in London, Belgium, Sweden.
[www.youtube.com]
Secular Talk: Bar Owners In Denmark Harassed By 'Sharia Patrols'
[www.youtube.com]
Secular Talk: UK 'Sharia Courts' Lock Women In 'Marital Captivity' -- Being intolerant of the intolerance of conservative Islam. >> The need to protect moderate Muslims from the Sharia laws of Conservative Islam.
[www.youtube.com]

#InKrussWeTrust!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfefe
May 31, 2016 11:34PM
Did a quick google search:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

June 13, 2016 04:02PM
Kairos, what do you see as the biggest difference between Christian morality and, say, Islamic morality? IOW, are you trying to draw a distinction between Christian morality and that of other religions or are you simply saying that a moral structure that can and often does arise from belief in the existence of a judgmental supreme being is destroying the West?
June 13, 2016 10:11PM
Islamic morality is derived from Christian morality. You can even see this in the concept of jihad, which is 'the struggle against injustice.' A key difference is that Islam is worldly in its concept of struggle, whereas Christianity is otherworldly.

June 14, 2016 02:33AM
I don't have the same approving view of Islamic morality that you seem(?) to have. For the most part, I find all, not just Christian, religious fundamentalist based morality reprehensible. At its core, it's all based on a false proposition.
June 14, 2016 09:05AM
Why would I approve of Islamic morality if I don't approve of Christian morality and just said that Islamic morality grew out of Christian morality.

"For the most part, I find all, not just Christian, religious fundamentalist based morality reprehensible. At its core, it's all based on a false proposition."

We are in full agreement on this.

June 18, 2016 09:53PM
People created all of those bad ideas. The problem is people. And not just religious people.
June 19, 2016 08:30AM
Absolutely. Humanism is a disastrous philosophy.

March 03, 2017 09:07PM
Kairos,
Morality never hurt anyone. War & intolerance have done that.

Curt Anderson,

You said:
"The progress and accomplishments of the nations where Christians are the dominant religion outshines any other nations that I can think of."

The key part of that statement is "that I can think of."

People like to talk bad about white & ask what did we invent. I tell them, we invented the concepts of "democracy" & "Republics."

I say this, cause those 2 ideas didn't come from Christians. The greeks had their own pantheon
of cult beliefs, and the romans were very varied in beliefs, from myraism to greek religion to later Christianity.
March 05, 2017 02:32PM
"Kairos,
Morality never hurt anyone. "

False: As the saying goes: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

March 09, 2017 07:32PM
Kairos,

Kairos
"False: As the saying goes: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Very true, but actually what you are talking about is a "mistake," which is an "action."
"Morality" is simply a belief. Believing in something that is good is not harmful.
Acting on something you believe is good, but is not, can be harmful.

All people make mistakes. I've had my share. So I can say 1st hand my actions of try to
do what I believed was right was mistakes at a few times. (Eg; being loyal to the woman I loved,
rather than persue my soulmate.)

However, at other times what I thought was right actually was the right thing. (Eg; giving unconditional
love to the love of my life, even if she was unavailable, and all we could have was friendship because
of the sourcomstances & time we met.)

The point is, stick & stones will break bones, but thoughts never hurt.
March 14, 2017 01:33AM
Anything people believe that leads them to evil is not true morals than.
They would be acting immorally or amorally.

Let me get this straight, this scene is illegal in 300 cities?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!