Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fair or unfair? Meatpacking plant fires nearly 200 Muslims over prayer break dispute.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Fair or unfair? Meatpacking plant fires nearly 200 Muslims over prayer break dispute.
January 03, 2016 08:35AM

FORT MORGAN, Colo. -- Nearly 200 Muslim workers have been fired from a Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado, for walking out after a dispute over prayer breaks.

Praying five times a day is a must for many Muslims.

But Tony Aden says missing even one of those prayers over a break time dispute caused him and many others to walk away from their jobs.

"It don't matter if I don't have a job, my religion is more important," Aden told CBS News. [www.cbsnews.com]

Which car or truck should I buy?
Re: Fair or unfair? Meatpacking plant fires nearly 200 Muslims over prayer break dispute.
January 03, 2016 07:57PM
Good for Cargill. Hope they don't hire any of them back.
It is eternal damnation in Hell vs. Losing their job.
Any rational person would have picked the latter.

---

Hillary's email scandals and cover-up will blow up after the primaries. To nominate Hillary is to sabotage the Democratic party to lose, and a vote for the republican candidate!

Hillary for Prison 2016!!! Trump for President 2016!!! thumbs up smileys with beer
Re: Fair or unfair? Meatpacking plant fires nearly 200 Muslims over prayer break dispute.
January 11, 2016 05:56PM
"Now we are getting supervisors who are telling our clients to go home if they wanted to pray," Hussein said. "If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."

Since when is it a "basic fundamental right" to get prayer breaks on the job? And don't tell me this is discrimination against muslims or something - I've had plenty of jobs where Christian workers had to work on Sunday and Jewish folks on Saturday. This is utter nonsense.
Well, are they allowed to clock out & pray? Which even that can be disruptful to work.
Are they demanding room for all their prayer rugs? 200 of them is a lot.

People get fired for all sorts of reasons, some don't sound fair. But it comes down to
the interests of the company & bosses.

If I close my eyes forever...
Will it all remain unchanged?
If I close my eyes forever...
Will it all remain the same?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!