Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Re: Boy was this ever prescient...
August 14, 2015 04:34PM
August 14, 2015 05:17PM
What a stupid conversation. ( I'm not talking about My Dinner With Andre. )
August 15, 2015 01:27AM
May I point out if you don't like the conversation - you don't have to participate.

Just sayin'... eye rolling smiley
August 16, 2015 09:26AM
I don't?! confused smiley

Thanks for letting me know that. I really appreciate it. winking smiley
August 17, 2015 08:02PM
I call that the Baseball Rule. If it's boring - just ignore it. smiling smiley
September 12, 2015 03:24AM
An attempt to breathe new life into this thread: Can anyone think of any other good dialogue films?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
September 12, 2015 07:05AM
Have they made Marguerite Duras' book The Square into a movie yet? That would be a great dialogue movie. In the meantime off the top of my head...

12 Angry Men
On Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Capote
Network
Inherit the Wind
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Ice Storm
Broadcast News
Double Indemnity
Reversal of Fortune

That's ten - for me the granddaddy will always be...

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf

If the name doesn't strike a bell, it's a documentary profiling Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor's marriage.
September 13, 2015 12:33AM
Had to really look at films with good dialogues in them:

Solaris
Stalker
Rashoman
The Outrage
Dark City
Hakuchi
Meetings with Remarkable Men
The Leopard
Ludwig
Judgement at Nuremberg
Cleo from 5 to 7
The Conversation
Taxi Driver
Once Upon a Time in Anatolia
The Yes Men Save the World
Project Nim: The Human Chimp

The last one kind of tongue in cheek, but it brings up a question how come it seems the longest dialogue in film other than MDWA appears in a documentary about a chimp?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 12:34AM by Kairos.
September 13, 2015 04:20AM
Quest for Fire doesn't make the list?
September 14, 2015 03:20AM
What was the dialogue in that?

September 14, 2015 07:06AM
A bunch of unintelligible sounds - it was about primitive man (hence "quest for fire"winking smiley.

Have you seen Virginia Woolf? Here's one of my favorite scenes from the film...

[www.youtube.com]
September 14, 2015 10:40PM
Yeah I got I just wasn't sure. Incidentally it was Anthony Burgess who invented the primitive language in Quest for Fire.

No I haven't seen Virginia Woolf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2015 06:26AM by Kairos.
September 15, 2015 01:13AM
Definitely a classic. If you wonder what all the fuss was about re: Elizabeth Taylor - watch it. Very uncomfortable film at times.
September 28, 2015 08:00PM
Boooooooooring. Indy's and my bickering was way better than this.
September 29, 2015 03:59AM
For once I have to agree with Navy.

BTW, Navy - I was up in your area weekend before last and confirmed with my Dad that - yes - his particular Walmart manager said let people walk out with stuff they were shoplifting rather than offend them and lose their business. To which my Dad replied "If they are stealing, they are not doing any business with us." The manager still insisted he let people walk out with stuff if they wanted.

So there you have it - the final word on the subject. smiling smiley
September 29, 2015 05:51PM
I'm a merchandiser for a company that does impulse merchandising, mostly in supermarkets. I see a lot of shoplifting, mostly in my ghetto stores. A few weeks ago I was talking to a supermarket employee about this, and he said that unless they actually see someone hide an item on themselves and walk out the door, which is very easy to do, the "shopper" will get away with it.
September 29, 2015 11:13PM
Indy,

Crazy coincidence. I was speaking with Zombie Sam Walton this weekend. He said that everything you've ever claimed about Walmart is false, and that you're a doo-doo head.

PTTP,

What other circumstance would there be? ... other than the shoplifter hides something on their person and the employees either see it or don't see it? Do you mean if another customer, or yourself, were to see the theft and report it to management, that management wouldn't do anything about it?
September 30, 2015 05:43PM
Well there's your problem right there, Navy. Zombie Sam Walton is obviously referring to the story policy that was in place while he was still alive.
September 30, 2015 07:37PM
Actually I misspoke, Navy. The store employee said that if they see someone shoplift and walk out the door, they can confront the suspect, but they can't frisk or detain the suspect. So they almost always get away with it. I told him "Wow! Don't let that get out!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 02:46AM by Hornswoggle.
October 01, 2015 07:58PM
That's 90% of police work in a nutshell - getting the perp to simply give themselves up in some way. Navy knows because...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!