Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Boy was this ever prescient...

Posted by Ponderer 
Re: Boy was this ever prescient...
October 02, 2015 10:06AM
PTTP,

"The store employee said that if they see someone shoplift and walk out the door, they can confront the suspect, but they can't frisk or detain the suspect."

Yeah, that's probably the best move for a company. The loss from shoplifting is probably less than the loss from allowing your employees to physically confront shoplifters — bad PR, liability, possible legal action. I would think if they really had a problem, they should hire private security, or off-duty police, and have them positioned off property. ID the shoplifter, get the license plate of their car, and then make a quick phone call to your security guys lying in wait just outside the border of your land.

That's what we used to do at my hotel with people that wanted us to bring up their valet car and were clearly drunk. We'd try to reason with them for awhile, offer to call a cab or one of their relatives. If they insisted, we'd delay bringing up the car until the cops positioned themselves just outside our parking lot. Then we'd point to the cop and offer the drunk one more chance - do you want to take a cab, or get a DUI? A handful of times, the cops were too busy to show up, and management told me that legally, we had no right to withold the keys. After I watched a few drunks drive away, I got wise and started "losing" their keys — which would then miraculously turn up in lost and found the next day.

Indy,

You're using your private time to make graphics about me? When I'm not even on the board?

Man, I live in your head. Rent free.
October 02, 2015 11:03PM
We're always thinking about you, buddy. smoking smiley
October 03, 2015 06:38AM
You sure are. smoking smiley
October 05, 2015 06:56AM
Sometimes even good thoughts. smiling smiley
October 07, 2015 01:21AM
October 07, 2015 04:18AM
That's a balk. Runner takes the base. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 08, 2015 01:58AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!