Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What if God was one of us?

Posted by gonzoland 
What if God was one of us?
July 21, 2015 01:36AM
remember that song. If god was one of us?
Imagine someone walking up to you .. begging for food.
And it was God testing you.
Oh, how would you do in this situation?
Re: What if God was one of us?
July 26, 2015 03:39AM
Is there a reasonable level of confidence that the beggar is truly in need of food, and this isn't the lead up to some scam? Then I'd help him. Most everyone would.

That's a silly test, God. Ain't you got anything better to do?
August 21, 2015 04:38PM
Navy, is that really what stops you from helping someone in those situations? Do you actually not give someone a bit of change or a buck or two because they might be a scammer? Do you really use that to feel justified in not helping someone who may well be in dire need? How do you determine "a reasonable level of confidence that the beggar is truly in need of food, and this isn't the lead up to some scam"?

August 23, 2015 12:50AM
We have scammers here. They're not even smart enough to switch corners and work a new spot. Had the same guy come up to me two days in a row at the same light asking for gas money. On day 2 I said "You ran out of gas two days in a row on the same corner?" Navy knows about these folks. It's one of the few drawbacks to living in the greatest state in the Union, right Nav?
October 06, 2015 07:16PM
A few months ago when I was coming out of a supermarket, a middle-aged man approached me and told me a story... something about a fire that destroyed his place... also something about him being a veteran. Every so often he would pause like he was too choked up to talk and wiped away invisible tears. I remembered him a from a few years prior at a different supermarket; same story. Anyhow, I let him go through his spiel, watched him wipe away non-existent tears, and handed him a dollar anyway.
October 18, 2015 11:17PM
Ponderer,

Come down to Florida. It will be interesting to watch the first few times you give a guy a few bucks and he walks right into the very 7-11 that you're parked at and buys a beer. Or, if you don't have cash on you, and you offer to take the guy to Wendy's and get him a burger and he gets pissed off and walks away.

Actually, no matter what information your childish brain receives, you'd probably just keep giving them money and subsidizing their alcoholism. So stay in Cali. Florida is f*cked up enough as it is ... right Indy? smileys with beer
November 22, 2015 01:35AM
Florida is absolutely perfect. If nirvana exists - it's area code is 954.
November 23, 2015 04:09AM
'Course you think it's perfect. 1. You've never left it. 2. Your mom brings your dinner upstairs to you on a tv tray so you don't have to heave yourself away from the computer for even a second. For someone who's idea of the high life is two-for-one bags of Cheetos at Publix ... paradise!

Now let's look at a group of people whose opinion we actually have reason to listen to: Snowbirds. Ya know, people who have spent plenty of time living in both Florida and the north, and who have the money to live where they like. What do they do? They come down in October/November, when the northern weather turns sh*tty. Fair enough. Florida certainly is convenient. I can't remember the last time I scraped my windshield, shoveled my driveway, slipped on the sidewalk or had to wear anything heavier than a windbreaker. Point to Florida.

Now, what do the snowbirds do in spring when they consider the weather to be nice in both places? You guessed it. They go right back up north, lol!

Match to New York / New England. smoking smiley
March 17, 2016 09:57AM
I think this song is about me maybe -- who knows.
I've been a stranger on a bus for over two decades. And God inspired me along the way. God is an ordinary person, with no great credentials or lofty status in society: the pope. Just a person seeking to find and share the truth -- whatever the truth turns out to be. Did I find the truth? See my andjesus if inquisitive. Java training in chennai | Android training in chennai | Oracle dba Training in Chennai |
Python Training in chennai
March 21, 2016 06:45PM
Well... any proper answer depends on the definition of terms in the question.
Either we define 'God' according to some set tradition or you search for some general definition. In scientific or logical terms, 'God' is undefined. Therefore, before we set up some frame of reference there really isn't any answer to our question.

[community.localmasters.com]
April 10, 2016 05:40PM
What if Thor was one of us?
Protecting humanity as one of the Avengers?

--
~NAAHHHH-wehwehwehhhh!!!

"Democrats Would Rather Lose Than Win With A Progressive" - Former Sanders Official Nick Brana
[www.youtube.com]

Conservative Value:

SJW Ben Affleck shows why it is pointless arguing with a virtue signaling radical Social Justice Warrior.
[www.youtube.com]
Sam Harris breaks it down..
[www.youtube.com]
Sam Harris: Winning the War of Ideas | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
[www.youtube.com]

Sharia Talk with Imam Tawhidi (Reforming Islam)
[www.youtube.com]
The minority moderate brand of Islam that the secular world can respect.
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Muslim-**American** leaders support Australian imam's rejection of radical Islam
[www.foxnews.com]

Imam Tawhidi talks to Ex-Muslims
[www.youtube.com]
A true and honest Muslim reformist.

Young babies can be raped legally according to Imam Khomeini (highest ranking supreme leader of Iran's Islamic revolution) and the one who issued the death Fatwa against Salman Rushdie -- Reformist Muslim Imam Tawhidi explains..
[www.facebook.com]

Conservative Islam: 'Sharia Patrols' Harassing Citizens in London, Belgium, Sweden.
[www.youtube.com]
Secular Talk: Bar Owners In Denmark Harassed By 'Sharia Patrols'
[www.youtube.com]
Secular Talk: UK 'Sharia Courts' Lock Women In 'Marital Captivity' -- Being intolerant of the intolerance of conservative Islam. >> The need to protect moderate Muslims from the Sharia laws of Conservative Islam.
[www.youtube.com]

#InKrussWeTrust!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfefe
April 18, 2016 08:09PM
Navy
'Course you think it's perfect. 1. You've never left it. 2. Your mom brings your dinner upstairs to you on a tv tray so you don't have to heave yourself away from the computer for even a second. For someone who's idea of the high life is two-for-one bags of Cheetos at Publix ... paradise!

1. I was born in another state. Someone as infatuated with me as you are should have known that. eye rolling smiley

2. I wish my mom was (driving over here from Pembroke Pines) bringing me dinner every night - it would save me the trouble of cooking or eating out.

Navy
Now let's look at a group of people whose opinion we actually have reason to listen to: Snowbirds. Ya know, people who have spent plenty of time living in both Florida and the north, and who have the money to live where they like. What do they do? They come down in October/November, when the northern weather turns sh*tty. Fair enough. Florida certainly is convenient. I can't remember the last time I scraped my windshield, shoveled my driveway, slipped on the sidewalk or had to wear anything heavier than a windbreaker. Point to Florida.

Now, what do the snowbirds do in spring when they consider the weather to be nice in both places? You guessed it. They go right back up north, lol!

Match to New York / New England.

Or we can listen to you, Navy. You lived in Florida and left to move to Colorado (or somewhere - I forgot the details because your boring existence ranks about on the same level as a bag of leftover Cheetos for me). You lived there for awhile with a hunting dog that hated you and then you moved back to... where? Florida. So the guy who rejected every other place on earth to live in Florida is now telling us there are places better than Florida?

I'm sure you'll excuse me if I don't buy that one, Mr. Owlturd. eye rolling smiley
April 19, 2016 01:11PM
Yes, by all means ... if you're that desperate to save face, you can ignore the 800,000 snowbirds and focus on just one person.

smoking smiley
April 19, 2016 03:25PM
You mean the one person undermining his own argument. We can focus on your idea if you'd like me to school you from different angle...

Population of Florida (2014) = 19.89 million

Let's assume just 1/10th of them go on vacation every year = 1.989 million people leaving Florida every year to go on vacation somewhere else

People returning to Florida afterwards: 1.989 million.

1.989 million / 800,000 snowbirds = 2.48

Which means...

Florida is 2.48 times better than the rest of the world.

Ooops. smoking smiley
April 20, 2016 04:35AM
1. When their one-week vacation is over, 1.989 million Florida residents — whose only home is in Florida, and whose jobs and childrens' schools are in Florida — astound the world by actually returning to Florida.

2. When the weather is nice in both Florida and the Northeast, 800,000 snowbirds — who have the means to live anywhere they want — choose to live in the Northeast.

<Navy leans back in his chair, hands laced behind his head, and just grins.>

grinning smiley
April 20, 2016 07:18PM
<...until Navy realizes his chair is still in Florida - the place he chose to live - at which point he falls over backwards just like his argument.>

smiling smiley
April 20, 2016 10:19PM
Nope. Just sitting here grinning.

Meanwhile, it's end the of April. Just about that time when the weather is nice both in Florida and the Northeast, and 800,000 snowbirds — who have the means to live anywhere they want — choose to live in the Northeast.

grinning smiley
October 26, 2016 02:59PM
If God had a name, what would it be?
And would you call it to His face?
If you were faced with Him in all His glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?

And yeah, yeah God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make His way home?

If God had a face, what would it look like?
And would you want to see?
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in Jesus and the saints and all the prophets?

Yeah, yeah, God is good

He's trying to make His way home
Back up to Heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in Rome

Yeah, yeah, God is good

Just trying to make His way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to Heaven all alone
Just trying to make His way home
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in Rome

SAP Training in Chennai | CCNA Training in Chennai | Java Training in Chennai | Networking Training
October 28, 2016 09:29AM
I think this song is about me maybe -- who knows.
I've been a stranger on a bus for over two decades. And God inspired me along the way. God is an ordinary person, with no great credentials or lofty status in society: the pope.

SAP Training in Chennai
March 03, 2017 08:50PM
"I member!" (Joan Osbourne)

Can we all try to be more like whatever we believe the divine is? Lets be that special one that walk ammoug
the regular!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!