Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is mandated wealth redistribution immoral?

Posted by tuk22 
Re: Is mandated wealth redistribution immoral?
July 27, 2015 05:33AM
Navy, you don't hang out here often enough - every day Dick pulls out one of his passive aggressive gay jokes. The man is obviously struggling with his orientation. It might have been a little funny the first time. The 100th time? Hmmmm... not so much.
July 27, 2015 11:57PM
Indy, are you saying that cracking gay jokes is a sign of someone struggling with their orientation?

For instance ... a gay joke like this one?

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/read.php?16,830747,831189#msg-831189

Oops!
July 28, 2015 12:24AM
Indy, how about this one?

Oops!
July 28, 2015 12:46AM
Two jokes from 2011? Wow. That's some deep research, Navy. No wonder you've been gone so long. Okay - honestly now... how frustrated were you looking thru all those posts where I happened to use the word "gay" in a non-humorous manner in-between 2011 and 2015? There must have been thousands of them. I can imagine you now...

angry smiley angry smiley "Effin Indy! He says 'gay' 3 or 4 times a week - BUT NEVER MAKES ANY JOKES ABOUT THEM!!!!" angry smiley angry smiley

Then you get lucky and eventually find a couple and you're like...

smileys with beer thumbs up drinking smiley cool smiley smiling bouncing smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out "FINALLY!!!!" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smiling bouncing smiley cool smiley drinking smiley thumbs up smileys with beer
July 28, 2015 01:45AM
Hey Indy, how about this one

HHH: Bold prediction: it's either Obamacare or dick
> for the forseeable future. Prove me wrong.

INdy: Yes, but not all of us appreciate dick as much as you.

Oops, Indy! grinning smiley
July 28, 2015 01:52AM
Oh hey Indyyyyyy ... how about this one? cool smiley

Ponderer: C, do you seriously imagine that all of the men you posted pictures of wearing women's clothes were gay? Seriously?

Indy: He's hoping...

Oops!!
July 28, 2015 02:52AM
2012? Ahhh... so you're still wading thru that ocean of posts. grinning smiley
August 08, 2015 04:43AM
Indy? Oh Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Navy2711 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...I was drawing my own
> conclusion of, "Well, they just don't like getting
> hammered by Dick...

Indy: Spoken like someone who can appreciate getting hammered by dick. smoking smiley

OOOOPS!!

smoking smiley
Anonymous User
August 10, 2015 01:33AM
Welfare is wealth redistribution. I personally think that it does more harm than good. It pays and rewards bad work ethics and punishes success. It is not meant to but it does just that. The only real fare way to tax is a sales tax or a flat tax.
August 13, 2015 11:03PM
There is no industrialized country on the planet that uses a sales tax or flat tax as their national tax. Why? Because it's an incredibly regressive tax that hurts the middle class and poor far more than any other group. If you are in one of those two classes - and I'm betting you are - your taxes would go thru the roof. Why? Because there wouldn't be enough money to pay the bills unless that flat tax was something on the order of 20-25% (not the 9% nutjobs like Henry Cain would have you believe). It would also discourage home sales, car sales and sales in general. Why? Pretty obvious - because when you buy something you would be paying tax on it (probably 20-25%) - so people are going to buy less which does what? Hurts business and the economy. What the Steve Forbes and David Kocks of the world don't tell you on your Fox Flat Tax After School Special is they would be the only ones making out on a flat tax - everyone else's taxes would increase dramatically.

That - in a nutshell - is why nobody except the ultra rich (and those who have drank their kool-aid) want a national flat tax OR a national sales tax. There is NOTHING "fair" about it. Although you wrote "fare" which is - ironically - a good way to put it. Your "fare" would increase exponentially under one or both of those systems.
August 13, 2015 11:05PM
Oh - and btw - a sales tax or flat tax would also be "wealth distribution" because the rich would be paying less of their fair share. We would be redistributing more wealth upwards - exactly what we've been doing the last 30-40 years. That's what got us here in the first place. That's why every industrialized country on the planet has a progressive tax system - because that is the ONLY fair way to tax.
August 14, 2015 09:13AM
Indy,
I agree with all you said above. Except it's Herman Cain.

"White power! White power!" --Demented Racist Donald Trump

August 15, 2015 01:27AM
Close enough for government work. smiling smiley
August 16, 2015 04:30PM
"Welfare is wealth redistribution. I personally think that it does more harm than good. It pays and rewards bad work ethics and punishes success." -latch

Flaming bullshit.

Anonymous User
August 17, 2015 02:46AM
Why do you call it flaming bullshit Ponderer? You need to be more specific. It does reward the wrong things and punishes the wrong things. I know that that is not the intent but it does. I lived in an inner city projects during the early 70's. I have seen the effects personally. That is why I think it does more harm than good. It is so abused that it needs to be thrown out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!