Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is mandated wealth redistribution immoral?

Posted by tuk22 
Re: Is mandated wealth redistribution immoral?
July 14, 2015 01:43AM
Pondy,

What revenue do you think the government will collect by your tax idea? 90% over 5 mil
July 14, 2015 01:46AM
"Specializing". That's funny. "Hey boss - can I get some more of those "special" insurance forms to fill out?"

BTW, a 1099 is the form used when you pay other people for work they have done for your business (if you actually had one) - independent contractors and such. It's not the form used to report your total income to the government.

Ooops. smoking smiley
July 14, 2015 01:49AM
I receive 1099's box 7 Indy eye rolling smiley
July 14, 2015 02:16AM
Yes - as I stated. It's not the form used to report total income - the equivalent of the 1040EZ I referenced. Ask the guy at HR Block to explain when you stop in next April. Then ask how much you need to make before it's worthwhile to incorporate. Give you something to shoot for. smiling smiley
July 14, 2015 02:24AM
There is no need to do that indy, incorporating is about protecting your business...

Now when my daughter is older... possibly, but she's 10 and wants to be a meteorologist
July 14, 2015 03:26AM
There's more to it than just protecting your business (although that is important). Right off the bat you can save money thru expanded tax breaks and reducing your SSI obligation (cha-ching!). I don't know the rules in Texas, but here in FLA it's only about an extra $250 or so to be incorporated as opposed to sole proprietor. There's a small buy-in to get started - think it was $175 for me (back in 1996 or so). Money well spent. Don't have to chase down 1099s anymore. Might qualify for an ACA subsidy too... if you play your cards right. winking smiley
July 14, 2015 03:37AM
I'm not going to receive special tax breaks from incorporation everything depends on the business situation, and no I'm not going to qualify for a subsidy we will break the 5% mark this year in household income
July 14, 2015 08:22AM
"Pondy,

What revenue do you think the government will collect by your tax idea? 90% over 5 mil "
-tuk

$39.95...?

July 14, 2015 08:40AM
I don't receive any special tax breaks (or use loopholes) - I just get the same standard business deductions everyone gets. You might think you don't have many business expenses, but I don't either. These days, virtually everything in my business (and graphics in general) is done on a computer - online, email, pdfs, etc... Why do you think I'm online a lot? I take a break from work and post stuff here.
July 18, 2015 08:50AM
"Why do you think I'm online a lot?"

Because you're an aging, miserable troll that doesn't have a life?
July 19, 2015 08:26AM
Let me see...

Would I rather be an aging, miserable troll who's online a lot...

OR...

An aging, miserable troll perpetually lurking behind the scenes in an obsessive and futile quest to get the upper hand on an aging miserable troll who's online a lot?

Hmmmm... tough choice, Navy. However... it's easy to see which one you prefer.

smoking smiley
July 20, 2015 12:26AM
Lol, you tried waaaaaay too hard on that one. It just went on too long.

Indy: "Maybe something with some zing will come out if I just .... keep ... typing ..."
July 20, 2015 01:22AM
This from the elliptical orbit novelist?
July 20, 2015 01:44AM
Hang on, I'm still reading through that earlier post. Just about finished with Volume 1 ... aaaalmost there ....
July 20, 2015 01:57AM
Sorry about that. Next time I'll post using smaller words in the Easy Reader Font.
July 20, 2015 02:11AM
Hey Indy, I'm about halfway through the forward, but I'm going to the movies, I'll finish when I get back, k?
July 20, 2015 02:12AM
Hey Indy, can I get your joke in hardcover? lol I like to read in bed at night to help me sleep, especially stuff that drones on and on and on and on and on and on ......
July 20, 2015 02:15AM
"... and then I said to Navy, no you're the miserable online troll, it's not me who's the miserable online troll, it's you. Okay, hang on, cause this is gonna get really good. Okay, so after that I said that I think that it's really you ... not me, that's the important part, that's it's not me ... it's you that's really a mis—"

.. .z z z z z z z z z z z z ...
July 20, 2015 04:44PM
Done yet? Or did you need a few more posts to make whatever point it is you're trying to make? smoking smiley
July 20, 2015 11:16PM
Gimme a sec, I'm just finishing up the preamble to one of your jokes. Need to lighten things up after that, so I'm gonna turn on C-SPAN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!