Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is mandated wealth redistribution immoral?

Posted by tuk22 
Re: Is mandated wealth redistribution immoral?
July 13, 2015 08:51AM
Progressive policy is the only way to get ahead, Tuk. Hence the word... progress -ive.

And like all wingnuts (or if you're still ashamed of that term... libertarian eye rolling smiley) - you gladly take corporate welfare every time Allstate signs your paycheck, but god forbid some poor schmuck who can't find a job to feed his family gets 1/10th what you do in food stamps. A guy who - when he had a job - probably dug ditches or unloaded trucks or some other job that required actual WORK - not filling out mindless insurance forms like a well trained monkey.

So far as the military - again... read a book. There's plenty of info out there beyond the obvious I've already stated - that we haven't had to "defend" our country in 70 years. That US policy is to start wars to protect the oil supply (it's stated policy - first acknowledged publicly as "defense" under Jimmy Carter). That everyone knew there were no WMDs in Iraq beforehand. That right now we are arming al qaeda-connected militias. These are all facts. This is money we are WASTING because war is a business - not because we are "defending" the country. More corporate welfare. There is NO DOUBT we can cut the budget immensely simply by AUDITING the military. A pencil pusher like you certainly must understand THAT concept - keep track of the money we're spending instead of giving people carte blanche with Uncle Sam's credit card. I think the problem here is you are confusing your ignorance for everyone else. Some people are informed - even if you aren't.

And btw - as noted many times, I am self employed for over 20 years. I probably pay the same tax rate as you, but if my accountant can get me a tax break or an ACA subsidy - I will gladly take it... just like anybody else.
July 13, 2015 09:33PM
So I guess we're all agreed... A 90% tax on all income over $5 million per year is feasible and fair. If it worked phenomenally well before, it should work again. No reason at all that it wouldn't.

smiling bouncing smiley

July 13, 2015 11:16PM
Progressive policy is the only way to get ahead, Tuk. Hence the word... progress -ive.

Ha ha you're not kidding here you think this is a real argument

And like all wingnuts (or if you're still ashamed of that term... libertarian ) - you gladly take corporate welfare every time Allstate signs your paycheck, but god forbid some poor schmuck who can't find a job to feed his family gets 1/10th what you do in food stamps. A guy who - when he had a job - probably dug ditches or unloaded trucks or some other job that required actual WORK - not filling out mindless insurance forms like a well trained monkey.

You live in fantasy land manual labor is the only real job? Yet you require financial assistance for your health care because your current job, moving your mouse around, can't afford it don't give me my accountant found loop holes crap I know the benchmarks for ACA subsidies

So far as the military - again... read a book. There's plenty of info out there beyond the obvious I've already stated - that we haven't had to "defend" our country in 70 years.

Nice libertarian argument Ron Paul would agree

That everyone knew there were no WMDs in Iraq

This is political BS the Iraq war happened, can't reverse time to save money

keep track of the money we're spending instead of giving people carte blanche with Uncle Sam's credit card.

So you care about managing wealth but only on defense spending, weak

You're not informed you just spout typical liberal talking points.

Pondy,

What is the tax revenue of 90% over 5 million?
July 14, 2015 12:35AM
You are right about us not being able to reverse time on Iraq - that's why I suggested nothing of the sort. What we can do is stop listening to wingnuts like you who think throwing money at the military without asking any questions is the way to "defend" the country so it doesn't happen again. It's no wonder you need to "work" at a place where you punch a clock every day 9-5 with a boss who tells you exactly what to do, a little cubicle with a fern and fill-in-the-blank forms that only require names and dates (and you probably get that wrong most of the time). While you might know the benchmarks for ACA subsidies (doubtful), what you obviously do not know is how business works. A good accountant doesn't need "loopholes" eye rolling smiley to report my salary as double what you make or $0 or anything in between. If you didn't need your wife to balance the family checkbook and H&R Block to fill out your 1040EZ - you might know that. But obviously some people can't think for themselves - much less do for themselves.
July 14, 2015 12:41AM
I have a fairly large agency in Texas specializing in life & health no punch cards Indy it's 1099 income

I'm self employed
July 14, 2015 01:43AM
Pondy,

What revenue do you think the government will collect by your tax idea? 90% over 5 mil
July 14, 2015 01:46AM
"Specializing". That's funny. "Hey boss - can I get some more of those "special" insurance forms to fill out?"

BTW, a 1099 is the form used when you pay other people for work they have done for your business (if you actually had one) - independent contractors and such. It's not the form used to report your total income to the government.

Ooops. smoking smiley
July 14, 2015 01:49AM
I receive 1099's box 7 Indy eye rolling smiley
July 14, 2015 02:16AM
Yes - as I stated. It's not the form used to report total income - the equivalent of the 1040EZ I referenced. Ask the guy at HR Block to explain when you stop in next April. Then ask how much you need to make before it's worthwhile to incorporate. Give you something to shoot for. smiling smiley
July 14, 2015 02:24AM
There is no need to do that indy, incorporating is about protecting your business...

Now when my daughter is older... possibly, but she's 10 and wants to be a meteorologist
July 14, 2015 03:26AM
There's more to it than just protecting your business (although that is important). Right off the bat you can save money thru expanded tax breaks and reducing your SSI obligation (cha-ching!). I don't know the rules in Texas, but here in FLA it's only about an extra $250 or so to be incorporated as opposed to sole proprietor. There's a small buy-in to get started - think it was $175 for me (back in 1996 or so). Money well spent. Don't have to chase down 1099s anymore. Might qualify for an ACA subsidy too... if you play your cards right. winking smiley
July 14, 2015 03:37AM
I'm not going to receive special tax breaks from incorporation everything depends on the business situation, and no I'm not going to qualify for a subsidy we will break the 5% mark this year in household income
July 14, 2015 08:22AM
"Pondy,

What revenue do you think the government will collect by your tax idea? 90% over 5 mil "
-tuk

$39.95...?

July 14, 2015 08:40AM
I don't receive any special tax breaks (or use loopholes) - I just get the same standard business deductions everyone gets. You might think you don't have many business expenses, but I don't either. These days, virtually everything in my business (and graphics in general) is done on a computer - online, email, pdfs, etc... Why do you think I'm online a lot? I take a break from work and post stuff here.
July 18, 2015 08:50AM
"Why do you think I'm online a lot?"

Because you're an aging, miserable troll that doesn't have a life?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!