Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Re: Mystery solved.
June 08, 2015 07:28PM
Latch, why do you think it is that scientists on the whole are so unimpressed by the evidence for alien visitation that you say exists?
Anonymous User
June 08, 2015 08:44PM
Dick why do you think that scientist as a whole think that? Also it is a career killer for a lot of positions. Many scientist have to apply for grant and/or research money and politics does play a role to the point that many will not even look at the evidence.
June 08, 2015 11:19PM
latch,

I asked you two questions, one of which was multiple choice. Your answer was "no."

Here are the questions again. Read carefully:

Latch, do you believe that aliens block the camera capability of the cellphones, or all cellphone function, or none of it? And how do you know this?
June 08, 2015 11:31PM
"Also it is a career killer for a lot of positions."

Believers just love to keep their position unfalsifiable. They have a deep bag of explanations for the obvious inconsistencies in their story.

I've said it before, I'll say it again — UFOlogy is just like religion. UFOlogists (that word still cracks me up) even have a big day that they are anticipating, just like Christians (and, more appropriately, wacko cultists like Heaven's Gate). I forget what it's called ... something like "Disclosure" or "Disclosure Day." It's when the shady characters in government finally reveal to the public that the aliens are visiting us.
June 09, 2015 12:31AM
latch33534
Dick why do you think that scientist as a whole think that? Also it is a career killer for a lot of positions. Many scientist have to apply for grant and/or research money and politics does play a role to the point that many will not even look at the evidence.

Latch, I say it because it's true. There are many articles in reputable science journals on subjects related to the search for extraterrestrial life, which contrary to your belief, is a very hot topic in science.

There are zero published articles which claim that it's probable such life has been detected.
Anonymous User
June 09, 2015 12:54AM
Dick I do not care if the scientific academics believe it or not or whether it is printed inn a peer reviewed journal. There is enough evidence that I have read about from credible sources. Plenty of eyewitnesses along with radar and trace evidence there is enough evidence that I certainly can't just dismiss the possibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 01:05AM by latch33534.
June 09, 2015 01:04AM
That life exists in other places in the universe besides Earth is a common and widespread belief among scientists. That such life has been discovered visiting our planet is not.
June 09, 2015 01:59AM
Think of the scientists like the phone cameras that can't take photos when UFOs are in the sky - they believe... they just can't tell you they believe.

Like Navy not being able to answer my US Navy question.
June 09, 2015 03:43AM
latch,

I'm curious to hear your answers to my two questions:

1. Do you believe that aliens block the camera capability of the cellphones, or all cellphone function, or none of it?

2. How do you know this?

Also, you mention "trace" evidence. I'd like to add a third question:

3. What trace evidence for alien visitation do you believe we have? By "trace" do you mean small samples of materials that we wouldn't normally expect to find here on Earth, and that you believe have been transported here by intelligent life?
June 09, 2015 03:58AM
One word, Navy... VELCRO.
June 09, 2015 04:36AM
Incorrect. Velcro was invented by a member of the Illuminati named [remainder of post redacted]
June 09, 2015 06:06AM
"Dick I do not care if the scientific academics believe it or not or whether it is printed inn a peer reviewed journal. There is enough evidence that I have read about from credible sources." -Latch

Latch, what you have to understand about Dick and Navy is that it doesn't matter how much you have studied, read or researched this subject. Believe me. Without even looking at any of it, they are already prepared to poo-poo any and all evidence you have availed yourself of and even everything you have yet to. They completely and totally dismiss all of it out of hand. It's all absolutely worthless. They have declared it so, and so it is so. And that is the end of it. You're pissing up a rope expecting them to be at all open minded about the subject or open to anything any credible witness has to declare. Any credible witness. Don't even waste your time posting any of it.

I and Hornswoggle are with you. I don't think all of the evidence out there is worthless and meaningless. There are highly credible witnesses out there who can't be cavalierly dismissed like Navy and Dick are happy to do with them. We've read and studied the subject quite a bit, Hornswoggle much more than I have.

June 09, 2015 07:53PM
Latch, what you should know about yourself, Ponderer, Indy, et.al., is that you are at the mercy of your preexisting biases when it comes to belief.

We are all biased. Some of us fully realize that we are biased toward a particular point-of-view and try to account for our bias as best we can. One of the ways to do this is to tentatively accept the consensus views of science to be most likely true whether or not that view agrees with what we hope or wish were true.

Others, however, do not do this. Instead they use science selectively. They agree with and extoll scientific pronouncements ONLY when those pronouncements agree with their own preexisting biases about the way the world is. Otherwise they decide to go with their own amateurish, inexpert conclusions regarding a subject and resort to the use of one or a number of well-known fallacies to explain the difference in their own preferred conclusion and that of the scientific community.

This latter method of justifying belief is, of course, far from rational; but for some people it's necessary, probably for psychological reasons, that they believe their own instincts or "gut feelings" even at the expense of being irrational.

Hypocritically, they attack the irrational beliefs of others whose beliefs are formed in much the same irrational when those beliefs do not coincide with their own. Ironically, they sometimes enlist the consensus view of the scientific community to do it.
June 09, 2015 08:08PM
Oh Dick - knock it off already. eye rolling smiley
June 09, 2015 10:10PM
Ponderer,

Glad you could finally join us. eye rolling smiley

When you get done bad-mouthing other posters, maybe you can focus on an actual point of argument for a moment. Latch and Indy don't want to touch this one, but maybe you do:

Do you believe that UFOs disable/interfere with cellphones? ... And how do you know this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!