Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery solved.

Posted by Kairos 
Re: Mystery solved.
June 19, 2015 07:59PM
As you can see, latch - Navy has a bit of a problem with the truth. I won't say he never tells the truth - but he's kind of like the oil to the truth's water - the two don't mix very well.
June 20, 2015 02:53AM
"As you can see, latch ..."

Poor latch has only been here a couple weeks and Indy is already telling him what he thinks.

"I won't say he never tells the truth - but he's kind of like the oil to the truth's water - the two don't mix very well."

Hmm. Looks like Indy and demonstrable assertions don't mix very well. He tried one with the "Navy and Nasa astronauts thing." No one bit, and he can't back it up with a link. Ouch, how embarrassing for Indy. Now he's sliding back into murky, untestable nonsense with the "oil and water" thing. (Let's see how that works out for him. eye rolling smiley) Hopefully he'll do the sensible thing — back off and let the stench of his ad-homs clear out a little.
June 20, 2015 05:52PM
Let's visit with a messenger of light.
[bashar.org]
June 20, 2015 10:11PM
Let's visit with another messenger of light - the SelectSmart search function...

After explaining that plenty of astronauts had come forward to say they had witnessed UFOs while in space, Navy (thru multiple posts) claimed that was not true (based on nothing more than his opinion) and then compounded his error with this little ditty (PS: I colored the last bit that was hilarious at the time and still gave me a chuckle today)...

Navy:

In the Apollo days, astronauts were fighter jocks, not scientists. Some had engineering or aeronautical degrees, and of course nearly all of them had plenty of flight time in the best performing craft of their day. So they certainly had more experience than the average joe in identifying airborne objects, and they certainly had expertise on the matter of whether or not an object they were observing was performing outside of the capabilities of something manmade.** But they were pilots - their expertise falls under the category of flying their aircraft. People hear the word "astronaut" and their imaginations get the better of them. They start thinking all kinds of Buck Rogers stuff, like as soon as you get to a certain altitude, whammo! you burst into oooouttteeer spaaaaace, and you're dodging planets, starfighters, and green tentacle monsters.

When you get right down to it, Apollo astronauts were simply pilots who flew higher. I think it's a little silly to claim that what an Apollo astronaut believes lends any credence to any ET theory.

[www.selectsmart.com]

IOW - as I answered underneath in the same thread... In his mind, Navy's uneducated opinion outweighs the verified first person eyewitness accounts of NASA astronauts in regards to UFOs.
June 21, 2015 05:14AM
Thanks for that trip down memory lane. Unfortunately for your case, everything I said back then is completely, 100% true. None of it provides any support for your claims about me.

Oops, Indy! smoking smiley

But by all means .... keeeep trying. Maybe you'll get lucky and catch me in a mistake.

June 21, 2015 05:47AM
I think you heard the word "astronaut" and your imagination got the better of you.

Again. smiling smiley
June 21, 2015 07:51PM
You think wrong. Again.

cool smiley
June 22, 2015 05:07AM
You thought wrong again.
June 22, 2015 06:43PM
Well, not sure which is more grammatically correct. But "You think wrong," is generally applicable to you. grinning smiley

BTW, how are you liking your new Believer teammate? I think Gonzo fits right in with you, Ponderer and PTTP.
June 22, 2015 07:47PM
Not surprising that you're not sure... again.
June 23, 2015 12:50AM
Not surprising that your last three posts have said absolutely nothing and made absolutely zero sense. There always comes a point where you completely stop talking about the topic and go into ego-preservation mode. It makes the rest of us feel bad for you, but hey, we can't do much about it.

Now if you got anything else about UFO's, be my guest. I especially like reading my old posts after you go through the work of dredging them up, so feel free to go running back to the search engine. "People hear the word "astronaut" and their imaginations get the better of them." It's just soooooo true! grinning smiley
June 23, 2015 03:49AM
Dude, that astronaut line was so preposterous it was seared into my memory banks. Made it that much easier to find it - well worth 5 seconds of search time for the opportunity to expose you to the board.

Again. smoking smiley
June 23, 2015 07:03AM
"... well worth 5 seconds of search time ..."

Yeah, five "seconds," we get it, Indy. You slipped up and now everyone knows you're desperate to trip me up. Good god, Indy, that post was from years ago. And now comes the obligatory backpedaling. "It was only five seconds, guys, I swear!"

<snicker>

Why don't you go spend another "5 seconds" eye rolling smiley sifting through my posts and find something that you can actually prove I was wrong about.

Not "Indy prove," mind you. Actually prove.
June 23, 2015 06:46PM
Ummm... Navy? The search function goes back years if/when necessary - and in just a matter of seconds too.

Just fyi. eye rolling smiley
June 25, 2015 11:47PM
"The search function goes back years ..."

... and you still haven't found anything to get me on, little buddy? Alright, well I'll just get comfortable while you keeeeep pluggin' away.

cool smiley
June 27, 2015 02:25AM
You don't want me to start looking, Navy. We both know that.
June 27, 2015 06:40PM
Yeah like when I pointed out the incident with the Japanese airline with the pilot and crew that saw a huge UFO following them over Alaska. He said it was chaff. If they are willing to go to any extreme to pooh pooh a sighting away then short of shaking ET's hand. You will not convince him. Look if a person takes the time to look at the evidence that the probability of them being here is high. Then look at the actual evidence, the credible witnesses, the various trace evidence and radar and other detection devices. They just will not be convinced without shaking hands. I for one like the Canadian one where it went into the water and the townsfolk called in their coast guard.

Man the older I get the worst my writing and spelling gets. Sorry
P.S. This was supposed to be a response to a comment earlier. I don't know why it posted it at the end under everyone's comments. I thought it would post under the comment I was responding to. OH Well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2015 06:45PM by latch33534.
June 27, 2015 10:33PM
Dick needs to see it reported on CNN to believe it. Seriously - that was his benchmark for "proof" when I asked.
June 29, 2015 06:30PM
Latch, in the Wikipedia entry for Extraterrestrial Life I found this:

Many scientists consider extraterrestrial life plausible, but there is no direct evidence of its existence.

Do you believe this statement is erroneous?
June 29, 2015 08:14PM
I would say it's not necessarily erroneous - but it's also not the final word for more than one reason.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!