Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery solved.

Posted by Kairos 
Re: Mystery solved.
May 31, 2015 12:00AM
Indy, Navy's spelling is correct.

"The American Heritage Dictionary (3/e) gives premise as the main entry, with premiss as a variant spelling, which I've assumed was British. But one internet source asserts that premiss is preferable because of its etymology; another suggests that premiss is always the correct term in logic."

[www.google.com]

I had a professor who taught logic that insisted we spell the word "premiss" when using this word in a logic context. I thought I'd mentioned that to you before? No?
May 31, 2015 01:30AM
Well I'm not surprised both you AND Navy use the devariant spelling of the word. However, here on SelectSmart we use the common spelling used by everyone including your American Heritage Dictionary.

PS: One "internet source"... snicker.... as if any of us wouldn't notice. smiling smiley
May 31, 2015 01:43AM
Indy!
Well I'm not surprised both you AND Navy use the devariant spelling of the word. However, here on SelectSmart we use the common spelling used by everyone including your American Heritage Dictionary.

So how does the American Heritage Dictionary define "devariant"?

Idiot.
May 31, 2015 09:23PM
Artistic license... a cross between "deviant" and "variant" - thought it fit you guys perfectly.

PS: I'll wait while you google that. smoking smiley
June 01, 2015 06:09AM
premise
[prem-is]

noun
Also, premiss. Logic. a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion. [link]

Indy's implication that "premiss" is incorrect is flat out wrong. Period.

Now, back on topic. (I know you hate that Indy ... you've spent far more time trying to distract from the actual topic than discuss it.)

Indy, now that you've made the claim that plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone, do you have any examples that you can share with us?
June 01, 2015 07:21PM
Navy's back! Hey everyone - Navy's back! It only took 2 days to soothe his butt hurt this time! smiling smiley

To answer your question Navy - yes - I have an example right here...

[tinyurl.com]
June 02, 2015 04:25AM
Indy, fix your post. You mistakenly linked back to that ridiculous orange blob.
June 02, 2015 07:20AM
Apparently you missed it the first time around. Just trying to be helpful.
June 03, 2015 07:34AM
Indy, you big goof! You made a mistake with your link. It just goes right back to the orange blob, and I know you're not claiming that that's a picture of an alien controlled UFO. You're not thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat naive. winking smiley

Hurry up and fix it already!
June 03, 2015 08:57AM
You're right - I'm NOT claiming that's a picture of an "alien controlled UFO". That is not the standard according to your... snicker... cartoon.
June 03, 2015 11:11AM
Indy, you've twice claimed that your link shows a picture of an alien controlled craft, but it still just goes back to that stupid orange blob. I'm sure we both agree that only a complete f*cking moron would believe that that picture constitutes evidence of anything other than just a stupid orange blob!

Um ... we do agree on that. Right?

Good! So just fix your link already, silly!
June 03, 2015 08:19PM
We agree you're lying - that's about it. I never used the words "alien controlled craft" except when I was quoting your lie. Like just then.
June 03, 2015 09:20PM
"Indy, now that you've made the claim that plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone, do you have any examples that you can share with us?" - Navy

"To answer your question Navy - yes - I have an example right here... " - Indy

There ya go, Indy Simple. So stop playing childish word games like "I never used the words 'alien controlled craft.' " Man up and show us this example that you supposedly have. <snicker>

... and pleeeease don't post that silly orange blob again.
June 04, 2015 12:37AM
Read it again, Navy...

We agree you're lying - that's about it. I never used the words "alien controlled craft" except when I was quoting your lie.

Bada-BING! the finger smiley
June 04, 2015 08:01PM
Indy, indy, Indy. You can tap dance all you like, my friend, but it's all right here in black and white:

"Indy, now that you've made the claim that plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone, do you have any examples that you can share with us?" - Navy

"To answer your question Navy - yes - I have an example right here... " - Indy

Just face it, buddy. You are ...

(wait for it)

... busted! smoking smiley
June 04, 2015 08:41PM
Is that how you got your Dad to let you go play on the swings? By continually pulling on his pant leg and saying "Please, daddy, please" until he finally forgot what you wanted and said "yes" just to get rid of you?
June 04, 2015 10:16PM
Ok, so we've established that Indy is completely busted, and that he can't in any way back up his claims.

... other than posting an orange blob and claiming that it's an alien controlled craft. eye rolling smiley
June 05, 2015 12:16AM
Just as we have established Navy is still the biggest douche on the board.
June 05, 2015 12:34AM
And there ya have it. Indy admits he's busted.

Again.

smoking smiley
June 05, 2015 01:52AM
And you just agreed to being a douche.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!