Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery solved.

Posted by Kairos 
Re: Mystery solved.
June 14, 2015 06:14AM
Indy!
Let's try it again...

Dick
Why you are intellectually incapable of distinguishing between the separate questions . . .

1) "Is it probable that ET life exists?"

and

2) "Is it probable that some UFO is the result of ET intelligence?"

. . . ought to be a bit concerning for you, I would think.

Where did I do that? Oh that's right - in your vivid imagination. eye rolling smiley

Again, you did so when you wrote: "So (now... finally) you agree there is life out there." 

When have I ever said or even implied that I believed ET life was nonexistent?
Anonymous User
June 17, 2015 09:35PM
We have all read or watched enough to know that the field is so muddied that we know that we don't know squat. [www.youtube.com] this one is better and cites evidence. Well is he lying? [www.youtube.com]
June 17, 2015 11:18PM
We've already been over this. Stanton Friedman is a nutbag.
June 17, 2015 11:32PM
Nutbag... nuclear physicist...

Friedman is one of these, but then again - so is Navy.
June 18, 2015 12:04AM
"Nutbag ... nuclear physicist ..."

Nutbag.
June 18, 2015 01:33AM
latch33534
We have all read or watched enough to know that the field is so muddied . . .

No, "the field" isn't muddied in the least. You have never read an article in any reputable science journal that unequivocally states intelligent ETs have been observed on earth or in Earth's atmosphere. Never. Not once.

I know this because I know no such article has ever been published. If you believe that I'm mistaken about this then try to find such an article yourself. Failing to uncover one should convince you that the field on this subject isn't muddied at all. Nothing could be clearer: there simply is no good evidece to support the claim that we've been visited by ETs.
Anonymous User
June 18, 2015 09:49PM
Since I don't know the man I can't say if he is a nutbag or not. What he does do is investigate and explain his findings in an articulate way. I could care less if he is a nutjob. I try and look at evidence that are claimed to be shown and not just dismiss it . I guess if you can't attack the evidence attack the source so you can feel better about dismissing it and feeling superior and flippant. There is enough evidence to muddy the waters that you can't just dismiss it.
June 18, 2015 10:37PM
" I could care less if he is a nutjob."

You should. While we should be willing to consider information from all sources, there are only so many hours in a day. Time spent listening to Stanton Friedman would be better spent listening to reputable sources.

"I guess if you can't attack the evidence attack the source ..."

Fair enough.

"... so you can feel better about dismissing it and feeling superior and flippant."

Oops! You can't claim the moral high ground and then go thrashing about in the mud, Latch.

"There is enough evidence to muddy the waters that you can't just dismiss it."

I accept or dismiss evidence based on its veracity, not its volume. Otherwise I would simultaneously both believe in, and not believe in, ET visitation, Nessie, Sasquatch and a host of other controversial proposals.
June 19, 2015 05:39AM
The man is a nuclear physicist - unlike Navy. That's Navy's problem with him. You have to understand, latch - Navy once claimed he knew more about outer space and identifying aircraft in flight than NASA astronauts. He's a bit hysterical at times and anyone with any REAL credentials like Friedman is a mortal threat to Navy - who's just winging the "facts" and hoping someone believes him because he said it in a paternalistic manner.
June 19, 2015 08:21AM
"Navy once claimed he knew more about outer space and identifying aircraft in flight than NASA astronauts."

... and there it is! Once again, I've pushed Indy past his usual naughtiness right into telling blatant lies about me.

You make this waaaay too easy. smoking smiley
June 19, 2015 07:59PM
As you can see, latch - Navy has a bit of a problem with the truth. I won't say he never tells the truth - but he's kind of like the oil to the truth's water - the two don't mix very well.
June 20, 2015 02:53AM
"As you can see, latch ..."

Poor latch has only been here a couple weeks and Indy is already telling him what he thinks.

"I won't say he never tells the truth - but he's kind of like the oil to the truth's water - the two don't mix very well."

Hmm. Looks like Indy and demonstrable assertions don't mix very well. He tried one with the "Navy and Nasa astronauts thing." No one bit, and he can't back it up with a link. Ouch, how embarrassing for Indy. Now he's sliding back into murky, untestable nonsense with the "oil and water" thing. (Let's see how that works out for him. eye rolling smiley) Hopefully he'll do the sensible thing — back off and let the stench of his ad-homs clear out a little.
June 20, 2015 05:52PM
Let's visit with a messenger of light.
[bashar.org]
June 20, 2015 10:11PM
Let's visit with another messenger of light - the SelectSmart search function...

After explaining that plenty of astronauts had come forward to say they had witnessed UFOs while in space, Navy (thru multiple posts) claimed that was not true (based on nothing more than his opinion) and then compounded his error with this little ditty (PS: I colored the last bit that was hilarious at the time and still gave me a chuckle today)...

Navy:

In the Apollo days, astronauts were fighter jocks, not scientists. Some had engineering or aeronautical degrees, and of course nearly all of them had plenty of flight time in the best performing craft of their day. So they certainly had more experience than the average joe in identifying airborne objects, and they certainly had expertise on the matter of whether or not an object they were observing was performing outside of the capabilities of something manmade.** But they were pilots - their expertise falls under the category of flying their aircraft. People hear the word "astronaut" and their imaginations get the better of them. They start thinking all kinds of Buck Rogers stuff, like as soon as you get to a certain altitude, whammo! you burst into oooouttteeer spaaaaace, and you're dodging planets, starfighters, and green tentacle monsters.

When you get right down to it, Apollo astronauts were simply pilots who flew higher. I think it's a little silly to claim that what an Apollo astronaut believes lends any credence to any ET theory.

[www.selectsmart.com]

IOW - as I answered underneath in the same thread... In his mind, Navy's uneducated opinion outweighs the verified first person eyewitness accounts of NASA astronauts in regards to UFOs.
June 21, 2015 05:14AM
Thanks for that trip down memory lane. Unfortunately for your case, everything I said back then is completely, 100% true. None of it provides any support for your claims about me.

Oops, Indy! smoking smiley

But by all means .... keeeep trying. Maybe you'll get lucky and catch me in a mistake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!