Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery solved.

Posted by Kairos 
Re: Mystery solved.
June 30, 2015 02:58AM
Do you know there has never been a paper published in ANY reputable, refereed science journal that mentions the discovery of intelligent extraterrestrial life?
June 30, 2015 03:17AM
Indy!
I would say it's not necessarily erroneous - but it's also not the final word for more than one reason.

Let me tell you two things that you do know about that statement. You know that it is either true or false and you know that it's not both true and false.

If the statement is true then the belief that aliens are flying around in our atmosphere is unjustified.

If the statement is false then, to believe rationally, you need to show the reason that it's false and not just cavalierly dismiss it for merely being possibly false.
June 30, 2015 05:07AM
I think we all know what the term "direct evidence" means, Dick. It means they haven't found any yet.

Of course - as we have to you at least eleventy-billion times - they aren't looking either.
June 30, 2015 06:24AM
Indy!
I think we all know what the term "direct evidence" means, Dick. It means they haven't found any yet.

Of course - as we have to you at least eleventy-billion times - they aren't looking either.

You truly are one of the most misinformed individuals that I've ever encountered. What on earth makes you think that science is not looking for ET life?
June 30, 2015 07:11AM
Dick - you've said yourself many times no serious scientists are spending time on the ET issue. That's YOUR hole card whenever we discuss this issue - no "serious" scientists are studying it. That's how you try to discredit the idea of aliens flying around in space or visiting our planet here. Now you claim they are seriously looking at the issue? Well fine - source one of these scientists for us. I'm open to whichever end of your argument you want to defend today. Then tomorrow you can go back to what you were saying before.
June 30, 2015 11:19AM
Indy wrote: Dick - you've said yourself many times no serious scientists are spending time on the ET issue. That's YOUR hole card whenever we discuss this issue - no "serious" scientists are studying it. That's how you try to discredit the idea of aliens flying around in space or visiting our planet here.

I'm pretty sure I've never said that. But if I've said it "many times" then you should have no problem finding one instance of it. If you post later that you're too busy to search for it or whatever, well, I think we all know what that means.
June 30, 2015 07:19PM
Yes... just like we all know what "pretty sure" means. winking smiley
June 30, 2015 09:04PM
Nothing yet?

Surprise. Not.
July 01, 2015 12:15AM
tick . . . tock . . . tick . . . tock . . .
July 01, 2015 12:33AM
Dude - I have a job. eye rolling smiley
July 01, 2015 01:57AM
Give up? Despite your claim that I've said "many times" that no serious scientists are spending time on the ET issue, you can't seem to locate even ONE instance where I actually said anything like that. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe you can't find it because you're mistaken in believing that I ever said such a thing? Hmm, think that's it? That is it. That is precisely the reason that you can't find it.

It's funny the way you get things confused, develop a false belief based on your confusion, and then continue to hold on to your false belief even after it's shown to be mistaken.
July 01, 2015 06:11PM
Has it crossed your mind that I'm waiting to see how far out on that limb you'll climb before I start looking? smoking smiley
July 01, 2015 07:31PM
No.
July 01, 2015 09:30PM
Why do I keep clicking on this thread thinking that it might have actually started going somewhere?

July 01, 2015 10:47PM
Not surprised, Dick. I'm starting to understand your gray matter is not the most fertile ground when it comes to secondary options.
July 01, 2015 10:47PM
Ponderer
Why do I keep clicking on this thread thinking that it might have actually started going somewhere?

Not sure, Pondy - but as always we're glad to have you around. smiling smiley
July 02, 2015 03:37PM
Not many of us left. This whole Philosophy forum has essentially shriveled up and died.

July 02, 2015 07:34PM
We need more UFO threads. Dick? Get on that, would you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!