Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery solved.

Posted by Kairos 
Re: Mystery solved.
May 28, 2015 02:59AM
Ummm... no - this discussion started with a cartoon using false information in order to support a joke that you two guys who claim to be so grounded in "facts" and "verifiable info" somehow mistook for settled science.

Here is a UFO pic I've posted before that was taken with a cellphone. I know the guy who took it and he's even more conservative than you, Navy (if that's possible). He never believed in any of this stuff until he saw this fly past his car as he was pulling into his driveway. If someone I know took a photo of a UFO with his cellphone - I guarantee there are plenty more photos out there...

May 28, 2015 10:25PM
Indy,

Yup. That's about what I expected. A pic of an orange blob and a "my friend said so."

Now, do you maybe have anything a little more substantial to contribute? As a reminder, the question is: Since you've made the claim that plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone, do you have any examples that you can share with us?

BTW, glad to see you finally came around on the cellphone thing. Now go straighten out PTTP - she's still clinging to her claim that cellphones don't work around UFO's. (Gotta wonder why, after decades of research, you Believers can't agree on this stuff. eye rolling smiley)
May 29, 2015 01:22AM
Where did I claim "plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone"? Is that another example of you misunderstanding the English language or even more proof you are the biggest liar on this board?

So far as the photo - as noted - I posted this previously with the same story concerning it's origin. So either I'm telling the truth (as I always do) about the photo and it is exactly what I said it is... or I can see the future and posted it way back when knowing one day you would ask and I could use it as proof that - yes, people are taking photos of UFOs with their cellphones. You can decide for yourself which one of those two cosmically crushing blows you'd rather attempt to address in your next post. Take as long as you'd like to wring your hands, cry softly and change your wet pants before getting back to us on that one. smiling smiley
May 30, 2015 07:16AM
"Where did I claim "plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone"?" - Indy

Why, on this very thread:

"No, I'm thinking the entire premise is nonsense. Plenty of people have taken photos of UFOs with their cellphones."

... and the premiss of this thread is ...

"Cellphones work fine, Navy. The aliens only block the camera capability."

Oops! Caught in another shifty, sneaky manuever Indy? Caught by your own words, and trying to weasel your way out again? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

smoking smiley
May 30, 2015 08:08AM
Obviously you forgot the last part about changing your pants because that post was all wet. Did you miss this part of your own post...

"No, I'm thinking the entire premise is nonsense...."

So obviously the premise (correct spelling, btw) is inconsequential after that point.

I'll give you a little time to digest that. Then we can address the photo... if you think you're up to it.
May 31, 2015 12:00AM
Indy, Navy's spelling is correct.

"The American Heritage Dictionary (3/e) gives premise as the main entry, with premiss as a variant spelling, which I've assumed was British. But one internet source asserts that premiss is preferable because of its etymology; another suggests that premiss is always the correct term in logic."

[www.google.com]

I had a professor who taught logic that insisted we spell the word "premiss" when using this word in a logic context. I thought I'd mentioned that to you before? No?
May 31, 2015 01:30AM
Well I'm not surprised both you AND Navy use the devariant spelling of the word. However, here on SelectSmart we use the common spelling used by everyone including your American Heritage Dictionary.

PS: One "internet source"... snicker.... as if any of us wouldn't notice. smiling smiley
May 31, 2015 01:43AM
Indy!
Well I'm not surprised both you AND Navy use the devariant spelling of the word. However, here on SelectSmart we use the common spelling used by everyone including your American Heritage Dictionary.

So how does the American Heritage Dictionary define "devariant"?

Idiot.
May 31, 2015 09:23PM
Artistic license... a cross between "deviant" and "variant" - thought it fit you guys perfectly.

PS: I'll wait while you google that. smoking smiley
June 01, 2015 06:09AM
premise
[prem-is]

noun
Also, premiss. Logic. a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion. [link]

Indy's implication that "premiss" is incorrect is flat out wrong. Period.

Now, back on topic. (I know you hate that Indy ... you've spent far more time trying to distract from the actual topic than discuss it.)

Indy, now that you've made the claim that plenty of people have taken pictures of alien controlled craft using a cellphone, do you have any examples that you can share with us?
June 01, 2015 07:21PM
Navy's back! Hey everyone - Navy's back! It only took 2 days to soothe his butt hurt this time! smiling smiley

To answer your question Navy - yes - I have an example right here...

[tinyurl.com]
June 02, 2015 04:25AM
Indy, fix your post. You mistakenly linked back to that ridiculous orange blob.
June 02, 2015 07:20AM
Apparently you missed it the first time around. Just trying to be helpful.
June 03, 2015 07:34AM
Indy, you big goof! You made a mistake with your link. It just goes right back to the orange blob, and I know you're not claiming that that's a picture of an alien controlled UFO. You're not thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat naive. winking smiley

Hurry up and fix it already!
June 03, 2015 08:57AM
You're right - I'm NOT claiming that's a picture of an "alien controlled UFO". That is not the standard according to your... snicker... cartoon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!