Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery solved.

Posted by Kairos 
Mystery solved.
April 13, 2015 08:09AM
[xkcd.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
Re: Mystery solved.
April 13, 2015 11:33AM
April 15, 2015 01:55AM
"But ... but ... cellphones don't work around UFO's! How do I know? Because someone else said so!"
April 28, 2015 06:18AM
Cellphones work fine, Navy. The aliens only block the camera capability.
April 30, 2015 04:32AM
And how do they do that?
May 02, 2015 10:33PM
Hmmmm?
May 05, 2015 11:53PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 11:54PM by Indy!.
May 07, 2015 05:34AM
Indy, how do you know that cellphones work fine, the aliens only block the camera capability?

And how do the aliens do that?
May 09, 2015 07:20PM
I just explained it, Navy. My post was obviously redacted for some reason.
May 09, 2015 10:21PM
Indy!
I just explained it, Navy. My post was obviously redacted for some reason.

Redacted by you. I wondered why. Apparently you did it accidentally. Or is that just what the aliens want us to think?!
May 11, 2015 07:52AM
"Redacted." Fantastic.

Sadly, that's about as close as we'll ever get to honesty from Indy. It's a lie that's so obviously a lie that it can hardly even be called a lie. It's kinda like an honest lie. Even sadder is that the other 66.6% of the Believers will give that a pass while they fling accusations of ignoring and/or avoiding at the Skeptics.

So ... neither PTTP nor Indy can give a straight answer when talking about cellphones and UFO's. Anyone else? Ponderer? You got anything for us?
May 11, 2015 09:58PM
Is that what your log said Curt? That I redacted it?

Interesting.
May 12, 2015 03:04AM
Indy!
Is that what your log said Curt? That I redacted it?

Interesting.

No. There is no "log" like you evidently imagine. Your blank post in question says "Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 01:54PM by Indy!." If a moderator or I had edited it, or redacted it, our name would appear where it says "by Indy!".
May 12, 2015 03:29AM
Seems to me if someone from the outside had redacted it - they would have a much easier time spoofing my identity as opposed to hacking your entire website.

Just a thought...
May 12, 2015 03:57AM
Indy!
Seems to me if someone from the outside had redacted it - they would have a much easier time spoofing my identity as opposed to hacking your entire website.

Just a thought...

Maybe. I have seen people spoof names by replacing the letter O with the numeral 0 for example. Some international keypad characters look like our alphabet letters.
May 12, 2015 06:27AM
So Indy's saying that he wrote a reply to Navy, posted the reply, and that someone else then edited his reply less than 2 minutes later???

That sounds dubious to me.
May 12, 2015 06:03PM
Curt said it's a definite maybe. He's the head honcho on the board.
May 12, 2015 06:19PM
Everything that's possible is a maybe. You redacted your own post and then lied about it. Since it's you, though, it's really no big deal. It's expected.
May 12, 2015 07:20PM
Dick - since Navy has retreated back to his spider hole again - I will ask you instead... where exactly did I "lie"?
May 12, 2015 07:21PM
Ponderer & PTTP,

I'd love for you to weigh in on this. What do you two think happened to Indy's missing post?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!