Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

There is a scientific beliefs

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
There is a scientific beliefs
March 05, 2015 08:56PM
Scientific belief describes physical condition of equality.
Free fall motion is equal for all types of material.
pi is a fixed number.
Re: There is a scientific beliefs
March 05, 2015 09:23PM
...My Spam-dar sense is tingling...

Anonymous User
March 05, 2015 10:01PM
Sometimes (with sensitive experiment) can refute scientific belief.
you can not refute metaphysical belief.
March 05, 2015 10:04PM
How can you disprove a negative? If you can provide any evidence for a metaphysical belief now that would be amusing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
Sam
March 06, 2015 05:36PM
Metaphysics is for people who need to believe but are too embarrassed to admit they do...

[www.bbc.com]
March 06, 2015 05:40PM
Not always.

Metaphysics of the placebo response: [meta-md.com]

This result has been demonstrated to be so powerful that the FDA insists that drug companies demonstrate that their products are more efficacious than placebo before they will receive their approval. It may be surprising to the public that in a variety of ‘double-blind’ randomized studies [in which neither the patient or the people conducting the experiement know which is the placebo and which the active drug] the placebo produces from 35 to 45% improvemnt in the patient’s symptoms. The actual drug tested, which may have been the result of years of expensive research and development may offer only marginal improvement over these ‘sugar pills’.
March 06, 2015 05:57PM
Strong Atheism is a metaphysical belief.

It simply refers to philosophising on and beliefs regarding the fundamental nature of reality.
Sam
March 06, 2015 10:48PM
No, strong atheism is about putting up with delusional truebelievers and agnostic dreamers. There's just no good reason to believe your purpose bunk. I refuse to have faith in something no one can even define so in your dream world that makes me faithful that the opposite is probably true. Wow, yeah, go with that. eye rolling smiley
March 07, 2015 02:21AM
Sam
No, strong atheism is about putting up with delusional truebelievers and agnostic dreamers. There's just no good reason to believe your purpose bunk. I refuse to have faith in something no one can even define so in your dream world that makes me faithful that the opposite is probably true. Wow, yeah, go with that. eye rolling smiley

You've got faith in a different idea. It's still faith.
March 07, 2015 02:53AM
What does the metaphysical belief of atheism entail?

It doesn't entail a belief that the universe has no purpose much less that it's meaningless.

It doesn't entail a belief in metaphysical naturalism.

It doesn't entail a denial of the paranormal or a spirit world or even a life-after-death.

So what exactly follows from atheism?

What follows from atheism is the denial of theism. Atheists believe that it is not the case that "At least one God exists."
Sam
March 07, 2015 07:26PM
Thorn just wants to make sure everyone is either faithful or agnostic which he weirdly sees as opposites yet he has the most faith in the existence of some purposething that I have ever seen, lol. Maybe he's just saying all belief/knowledge is faithbased in which case what's the point of him pushing his "approach" onto others as the best way to go? Just weird.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!